Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky

Hmmmmmm. Should we trade fo him?? Use him as a back up to thomas and Rask? Then, if we could deal Thomas (as much as i like him) we would be all set with a #1 + #2 goalies. Just a thought

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/report-flyers-looking-to-trade-bobrovsky-523236.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky

Is this sarcastic?  We already have our #3 goalie...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Have you gone mad???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Fixed.

"Then, if we could deal Thomas (as much as i like him) we would be screwed with a #3a + #3b goalies".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Offer a bag of pucks-lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

None of the 29 teams that didn't win the Cup wants him, why would the B's?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky:
    None of the 29 teams that didn't win the Cup wants him, why would the B's?
    Posted by hangnail

Perfectly stated, hang.  Still like his nickname during the playoffs; Sideshow Bobrovsky.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

While he might have some potential, one of the reasons the Flyers were eliminated was because Bobrovsky was terrible.

Not seeing the advantage to bringing him here when you have a #1 at the top of his game, a #2 who still has a bright future and a very strong (it appears) #3 in the wings for a year if not 2.

Pointless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

The flyers after signing Ilya said they still have the young guy for the future to work that out down the road, have they really given up on him already?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Roler, Holmgren gives up on goalies after every breakfast. I could sit here and say it's a cap move because they are only 1.67M under but Bobrovsky's hit isn't that much and they still need a backup odd if he really is on the block.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

No room for him here, maybe for Prov but I wouldn't give up very much for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Roler, Holmgren gives up on goalies after every breakfast. I could sit here and say it's a cap move because they are only 1.67M under but Bobrovsky's hit isn't that much and they still need a backup odd if he really is on the block.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Not sure I agree, the flyers built a team around the idea that they were good enough to get by with sub par goal tending, they took that approach last season to game 7 (and this lead to lots of criticism on the thomas deal)

I think after their flop this season they went for a philosphical change.. But they came back this year with a similar tadem that they did last season..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Fixed. "Then, if we could deal Thomas (as much as i like him) we would be screwed with a #3a + #3b goalies".
    Posted by abra-cadaver

This!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Is this sarcastic?  We already have our #3 goalie...
    Posted by Billy-Chapel

when you say a #3 goalie eI hope your are talking about Rask ! ! !   Cause Khudobin will become oour number 1 goalie with 2 years ...MARK MY WORDS ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky : Not sure I agree, the flyers built a team around the idea that they were good enough to get by with sub par goal tending, they took that approach last season to game 7 (and this lead to lots of criticism on the thomas deal) I think after their flop this season they went for a philosphical change.. But they came back this year with a similar tadem that they did last season..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Philly has tried to get by with sub par goaltending for the last 20 years, i don't see that changing with Bryzgalov. They have definately had some teams that could have won the Cup if not for poor goaltending.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Come on Stanley, why throw Rask away. We"ve seen what he can do, and only Claude's coaching failed to help him two years ago and again this past year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The flyers after signing Ilya said they still have the young guy for the future to work that out down the road, have they really given up on him already?
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Why would you keep "a young guy for the future" when you just signed a guy for 9 years?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky :  I think after their flop this season they went for a philosphical change.. But they came back this year with a similar tadem that they did last season..Posted by rolerhoky19

Don't think Bryzgalov will handle the riggers of a deep playof run ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The Flyers also have Leighton signed for another year.  I doubt they would keep both on their NHL roster, so either 1 gets traded or 1 gets the AHL job, and that may depend on waivers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

A dozen donuts for Bumbrovsky. Only eight if they're a fancy type like eclairs or fritters.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky : Don't think Bryzgalov will handle the riggers of a deep playof run ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Bryzgolov was awful 2 years in a row against Detroit, so I'm not convinced he can withstand the rigors of a deep run.

Speaking of awful, Im sitting here watching Boucher give up 2 goals between the legs from essentially the goal line in the first 10 minutes against Buffalo in Game 5 on NHL Network.  How bad was Bobrovski to stiill be sitting on the bench at that point?

EDIT... OK after the third goal he was pulled for Leighton.  Bobs was so bad he wasnt even dressed.

Man, Philly fans must have been crazed about goaltending after they were eliminated.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky : Bryzgolov was awful 2 years in a row against Detroit, so I'm not convinced he can withstand the rigors of a deep run. Posted by SoxFanInIL

So when both Philly and de Yotes Dcorp are both healthy you would say there equal in ablilites or considered to be evenly ranked ?

After Yandle and Rozsival there is a huge drop off in Phoenix...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Flyers also have Leighton signed for another year.  I doubt they would keep both on their NHL roster, so either 1 gets traded or 1 gets the AHL job, and that may depend on waivers. Posted by DrCC

Leighton is not listed on the current roster if you look at CapGeek. Didn't Holmgren already waive him ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky : Philly has tried to get by with sub par goaltending for the last 20 years, i don't see that changing with Bryzgalov. They have definately had some teams that could have won the Cup if not for poor goaltending.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Bryx is a change in philosophy though, he is an investment in goaltending at over 5 mill per season wouldnt you agree?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Flyers looking to trade Bobrovsky : Don't think Bryzgalov will handle the riggers of a deep playof run ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Sandog, I mean this past season.. when after losing in game 7 with their goaltender by comittee they came back in a similar fashion..

It will be interesting to see what a real number 1 can do in philly and how he handles the pressure since hes never played for a market that really cared..

Sections
Shortcuts