Report: Jagr signs one-year deal with Devils

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Report: Jagr signs one-year deal with Devils

The New Jersey Devils reportedly have signed one of the more coveted unrestricted free agents remaining on the market, with ESPN.com reporting Monday that the team has signed veteran right wing Jaromir Jagr to a one-year contract.

According to the ESPN report, the deal will officially be announced Tuesday.

Jagr split last season with the Dallas Stars and Boston Bruins, totaling 16 goals and 19 assists in 45 games, while averaging 18:20 of ice time. He had 10 points -- all assists -- in 22 Stanley Cup Playoff games with the Bruins.

Even at age 41, Jagr remains a valuable asset to any team seeking a big body with some scoring touch. The Devils certainly are in need of a power forward-type, following the losses of Ilya Kovalchuk to retirement and David Clarkson to the Toronto Maple Leafs during free agency.

Jagr has 681 goals and 1,688 points in 1,391 regular-season games spanning 19 seasons with six different clubs."

Longstick found a home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Report: Jagr signs one-year deal with Devils

He will play lots on the pp and regular shift. Should the devils fall off he will be dealt again to a playoff team.  The devils by most have been wrote off.  I could see them getting into the playoffs if they play old style jersey hockey.  Maybe gomez goes back there as well as rumored.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He'll never succeed in New Jersey.

His stick is too long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have shed a solitary tear. I will remember you Mullet.

Another new uniform for Jagr...hmmmm... I wonder if the Mullet Men are taking applications for their next member...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Co-workers chided me how NJ "stole" Jagr away from Boston... I really got a good laugh at that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Co-workers chided me how NJ "stole" Jagr away from Boston... I really got a good laugh at that!

You should be so lucky. Lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Would have loved to see him return to the Bs but not at $4million a season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Lou Lam is just the guy to address the stick length issue with him.  He has the clout.

NJ "stole" a 41 year old guy who scored 2 goals for the Bruins, for $4 million a year...??  

If those are your co-workers BruinsfanNJ, I predict a rapid ascension through the company ranks for you...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Would have loved to see him return to the Bs but not at $4million a season.

Yeah they could definetly use his goal scoring ability,and I am being sarcastic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I think Lou Lam is just the guy to address the stick length issue with him.  He has the clout.

NJ "stole" a 41 year old guy who scored 2 goals for the Bruins, for $4 million a year...??  

If those are your co-workers BruinsfanNJ, I predict a rapid ascension through the company ranks for you...

And one of those goals went off his skate!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"He's still a top six forward." - Lou Lamorello

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jaromir-jagr-set-to-join-seventh-career-nhl-team-officially-signs-with-new-jersey-devils/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I think you must have missed the rest of the quote RHO. 

"...on the Devils"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

"He's still a top six forward." - Lou Lamorello

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jaromir-jagr-set-to-join-seventh-career-nhl-team-officially-signs-with-new-jersey-devils/

I think you must have missed the rest of the quote RHO. 

"...on the Devils"

I inferred the rest, Fletch.  Lamorello's a proven winner but I suspect a bit of Barnum & Bailey going on when I read quotes from him such as the following on Jagr: "I watched him play the last couple of years and I have never seen someone work so hard."  

No disrespect to Jagr but this is quite the observation.  I guess, especially in light of losing Kovalchuk, he did what any GM would do; praise the signing.

Sections
Shortcuts