Report: Kelly has Broken Tibia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Report: Kelly has Broken Tibia

In response to Remi72's comment:

If I remember well, my post that has you blowing a fuse was Horton disappeared  :)  And, yes, like it or not, he disappeared.....still hoping (and believing) that he will emerge from the slump any time soon, but that doesn't change the cold facts of his last games. My other negative post that night was about the third line and, well, you may agree !

I recall that thread.  It was stupid.  I didn't know it was your thread, however.  I don't remember seeing your name before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

crap - that's what, 6-8 weeks if sugery isn't needed? More to get back up into shape? Third line just went from bad to worse.

Sorry Red ..my wife is a doctor and says 3 months

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Boy, a lot has changed since this afternoon... I read CJ and Neely both described the injury as "not that bad."

What?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

It all depends on how bad the fracture was, btw. There are all different types of fractures, and some take more time to heal than others.

I'd guess a minimum 8 weeks, and a maximum of 12, which means they have to assume he's done for the year. If he can come back, it'll be a bonus for depth if they get through a few rounds, but even then he won't be game ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Maybe because they're doing well ?  trying to make the playoffs ? and maybe because Scott Howson is not their GM anymore ?

The answer lies within those 3 questions.  Maybe all 3

They're doing well? Yeah, they're on a nice streak right now, but aside from that streak that will predictably fall off any time now, they've been dreadful. Even still, they're 3 points outside of a playoff spot while the #8 team has 2 games in hand. They have played more games than any other team in the Western Conference and are still in 13th in the West. It doesn't matter who the GM is, give it another week or two for them to fall further out of the playoff picture and they'll be sellers.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Remi72's comment:

If I remember well, my post that has you blowing a fuse was Horton disappeared  :)  And, yes, like it or not, he disappeared.....still hoping (and believing) that he will emerge from the slump any time soon, but that doesn't change the cold facts of his last games. My other negative post that night was about the third line and, well, you may agree !

I recall that thread.  It was stupid.  I didn't know it was your thread, however.  I don't remember seeing your name before.

Oh yeah, it was stupid....the sniper on our first line has 1 goal in his last ten games, he's not playing well and Shinzawa writes this morning :

Krejci had a four-game scoring streak (1-4—5) halted Tuesday, but he is not at his best when centering two ghosts.

But you're blinded by your superiority, condescending nag...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not to get too technical but back in the day I think we called this a "broken leg"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

crap - that's what, 6-8 weeks if sugery isn't needed? More to get back up into shape? Third line just went from bad to worse.

Sorry Red ..my wife is a doctor and says 3 months

I thought your wife was a shrink.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

They're doing well? Yeah, they're on a nice streak right now, but aside from that streak that will predictably fall off any time now, they've been dreadful. Even still, they're 3 points outside of a playoff spot while the #8 team has 2 games in hand. They have played more games than any other team in the Western Conference and are still in 13th in the West. It doesn't matter who the GM is, give it another week or two for them to fall further out of the playoff picture and they'll be sellers.

Yes best they've looked in years.  New GM will not make stupid moves now , in his mind they are not sellers yet. 

Don''t be fooled by their lack of success. Their owner likes hockey,  owns most of Columbus, has the money and I'm sure his mandate is to make his team better now.  This means he won't be giving away any of his talent if they don't receive equal or better in return. Forget AHL prospects.  Therefore to get some of the players you are mentioniing form their roster you would have to give up roster players in return and I'm not talking about 4th and 3rd liners. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

That's tough. Kelly is a good solid player who worked hard thru the Bourque tryout, and cocnsistently followed Bergie in PK situations. Peverly could fill that role, and Spooner, based on his work in Providence, could be the sniper that has been missing. Still feel that Kreji's line needs to improve their play and hard hitting ; and that some releif like Krug to spell some of the defense on a game by game basis. Finally, and I know I sound like a broken record, this team will not play better until Claude replaces Thornton with a bigger, more skilled player. With all kudos to Thorny's emotional impact on the bench and in the club house, emotion doesn't put the puck in the net.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Boy, a lot has changed since this afternoon... I read CJ and Neely both described the injury as "not that bad."

What?

The meant it was a clean break....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Matt Cullen as a replacement for Kelly?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Matt Cullen as a replacement for Kelly?

He's a possibility and is used to being a deadline rental. Solid third line guy CJ can trust. Plus he can score which already makes him infinitely more valuable than Pandolfo.....