Report: Kings could be willing to trade Bernier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Report: Kings could be willing to trade Bernier

News NHL.com

Los Angeles Kings backup goaltender Jonathan Bernier said Wednesday he would like to be a starter somewhere and general manager Dean Lombardi might accommodate him with a trade this offseason.

Speaking by phone to ESPN.com, Bernier said, "I spoke with Dean at the end of the season, and he told me he can keep me there but also feels he kind of owed me the chance to be somewhere else (as a starter). So I guess we'll know in the next few weeks."

The report did not reveal a timetable for a possible trade. Teams mentioned as landing spots were the Florida Panthers, Minnesota Wild, New York Islanders, Philadelphia Flyers and Toronto Maple Leafs. "

How long would the line be to get Bernier ?

The pieces Lombardi could get would be allot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Report: Kings could be willing to trade Bernier

Should have dealt him before when he had a year more on his current deal and there were less goalies on the market than there will be this summer. I wonder if they could have dealt him to Tampa for Conacher, because if they could they should have. Dont know if they'll be able to get as much now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Holmgren would have to give up some of his prized young forwards that he has been unwilling to give up. Toronto and Dale Tallon have pieces to get into talks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

News NHL.com

Los Angeles Kings backup goaltender Jonathan Bernier said Wednesday he would like to be a starter somewhere and general manager Dean Lombardi might accommodate him with a trade this offseason.

Speaking by phone to ESPN.com, Bernier said, "I spoke with Dean at the end of the season, and he told me he can keep me there but also feels he kind of owed me the chance to be somewhere else (as a starter). So I guess we'll know in the next few weeks."

The report did not reveal a timetable for a possible trade. Teams mentioned as landing spots were the Florida Panthers, Minnesota Wild, New York Islanders, Philadelphia Flyers and Toronto Maple Leafs. "

How long would the line be to get Bernier ?

The pieces Lombardi could get would be allot.

Islanders should offer Thomas for Bernier in a heartbeat!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Don't know who would make a trade for bernier that will cost most likely a couple picks and a talented player. When Roy emery is a ufa and playing at a higher level. Emery would be my target if I'm looking for a goalie to step in a produce. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Don't know who would make a trade for bernier that will cost most likely a couple picks and a talented player. When Roy emery is a ufa and playing at a higher level. Emery would be my target if I'm looking for a goalie to step in a produce. 

And intelligent people would choose Bernier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

His contract is up, leaving him in RFA status soon.  GMs will ask for permission to talk to him to make sure they'll be able to lock him up before a deal is made. 

It's not that the Kings will be willing to trade him, it's that they're going to trade him.  There is no way he signs on to waste away his career backing up Quick.  Where ever he ends up, I hope it's in the WEST!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And intelligent people would choose Bernier.

Your an absolute clown. Ya mortgage the future for a kid that has never played more than 25 games in the nhl in any season who is going to want a decent sized contract. What was Emerys record this year? Bernier? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Emery was 17-1 this year. Yet not a sniff of playoff action.

Bernier is regarded by many in the NHL as young franchise goalie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

As were countless others that failed before him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

As were countless others that failed before him. 

just to let you know when EVERYONE in the world disagrees with you you're probably wrong. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

With Backstrom, Emery, Nabokov and Smith UFAs, the Canucks desperate to unload Luongo, Halak likely wanting out of St. Louis, The Ducks likely interested in dealing Hiller, and Bryzgalov and MAF likely to be bought out, why would any team be willing give up a blue-chip prospect for Bernier? Despite potential and great AHL numbers, he is completely unproven as a #1 goalie.  It ought to be a buyers' market for goalies. This about sums it up, I'd say. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Backstrom:  35 years old, average stats lately

Emery:  Career backup, career nutjob

Nabokov:  37 year old sieve

Smith:  He sure did look good that one year, didn't he?

Luongo:  Trading for that contract is lunacy.

Fleury:  Nothing anywhere says he's on the move.

Bryzgalov:  He's fun.  He's not good at stopping a lot of pucks, but he's fun.

Bernier:  Will be 25 when next season starts.  Has exceled at every level.

---

While I don't think it'll be a blockbuster deal, the team that "wins" the goalie trade will be the one that gets Bernier.  He's the best guy available for all around facts. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

If you're looking for a backup goalie this would be good idea. Teams inquiring about Bernier are looking for more then that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

He is the best guy available for all around facts. Except the fact he has never played more than 25 games in a season. And has not started more than 16 games in the nhl the past two seasons. He has potential bust written all over him. We can discuss this during the season when we see what he shows as a full time goalie. Ill note it down that any goalie that is consistently around a 2.4 gaa is an average goaltender in the league. That way if bernier cannot post better numbers than that we can label him a bust. Noted thanks NAS. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

He is the best guy available for all around facts. Except the fact he has never played more than 25 games in a season. And has not started more than 16 games in the nhl the past two seasons. He has potential bust written all over him. We can discuss this during the season when we see what he shows as a full time goalie. Ill note it down that any goalie that is consistently around a 2.4 gaa is an average goaltender in the league. That way if bernier cannot post better numbers than that we can label him a bust. Noted thanks NAS. 

who's the better option, bernier, or hasek? but, but, hasek has played more games in a season than bernier. it is SO clear that he is the most valuable goalie on the market. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Bernier is the Tuukka Rask of 2013-14. Lot of hype, lots of skill, lots to prove. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Bernier is the Tuukka Rask of 2013-14. Lot of hype, lots of skill, lots to prove.

The GM who pays the price will not look back, I have seen enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Haha that's funny. Tuukka and bernier are the same age yet rask has played 70 more games while his career numbers are of an elite goaltender and bernier numbers are average. And ppl questioned rask before the playoffs typical yet bernier is the holy grail all of a sudden. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In the last full season, Bernier ended up with a losing record,with a .908 save %, and that was with the Stanley cup winners.

I don't see enough Kings' games to say if this guy is good enough to be a #1, but I am not totally sold, on him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

In the last full season, Bernier ended up with a losing record,with a .908 save %, and that was with the Stanley cup winners.

I don't see enough Kings' games to say if this guy is good enough to be a #1, but I am not totally sold, on him.

The Stanley Cup winners that finished 8th in the conference!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

You're right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Jon Rosen @lakingsinsider 2m

Jonathan Bernier has been traded to Toronto for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, and a second round pick in 2014 or 2015 (Toronto's option)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Jon Rosen @lakingsinsider 2m

Jonathan Bernier has been traded to Toronto for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, and a second round pick in 2014 or 2015 (Toronto's option)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426131

Here's the story.  Bit of competition for Reimer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernsox. Show southernsox's posts

we don't need a goalie, send him to the Hawks to replace crawford!

Sections
Shortcuts