Report: Kings could be willing to trade Bernier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Report: Kings could be willing to trade Bernier

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 2m

Jonathan Bernier has been traded to Toronto for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, and a second round pick in 2014 or 2015 (Toronto's option)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426131

Here's the story.  Bit of competition for Reimer.

[/QUOTE]

Make that LOTS of competition for Reimer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to biggskye's comment:

In the last full season, Bernier ended up with a losing record,with a .908 save %, and that was with the Stanley cup winners.

I don't see enough Kings' games to say if this guy is good enough to be a #1, but I am not totally sold, on him.

The Stanley Cup winners that finished 8th in the conference!

He may have been a factor in the team finishing 8th. He was not a factor, in helping them win a cup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to biggskye's comment:

I don't see enough Kings' games to say if this guy is good enough to be a #1, but I am not totally sold, on him.

You're right.

At least, I admit it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

we'll now see if Bernier is worth all the hype.... 

and in the "center of the hockey universe"....  good luck....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

That would appear to settle the Luongo to Toronto conversation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

An ahl goalie a fourth liner and a second round pick not exactly a big haul. Considering bernier is the next tuukka haha. We gave up more for kaberle as a rental, guess he was not coveted as much in the nhl as on this board. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

It seems I know a lot more then the so called hockey experts on this board bcs no one was going to overpay for an unproven goalie with so many options on the market. It seems I'm always ahead of the curve on these boards and when proven right, keyboard tough guys like you throw insults out instead of gracing us with your vast(joke) hockey knowledge. Had to point the joke out bcs didn't think you were bright enough to understand sarcasm. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

It seems I know a lot more then the so called hockey experts on this board bcs no one was going to overpay for an unproven goalie with so many options on the market. It seems I'm always ahead of the curve on these boards and when proven right, keyboard tough guys like you throw insults out instead of gracing us with your vast(joke) hockey knowledge. Had to point the joke out bcs didn't think you were bright enough to understand sarcasm. 

Actually, you were 100% wrong.

Look at my first post in this thread then look at yours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Don't know who would make a trade for bernier that will cost most likely a couple picks and a talented player. When Roy emery is a ufa and playing at a higher level. Emery would be my target if I'm looking for a goalie to step in a produce. 

This is what you said and we know what L.A got, i guess you were wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

why was my post deleted? the best defense against libel is the truth. i said heyoo doesn't know anything about hockey. thats true. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Actually, you were 100% wrong.

Look at my first post in this thread then look at yours.

My post was not directed at you kel. You were spot on saying he wasnt worth nearly as much bcs of the market this offseason, which is bascially the same point i was making. Sources said the kings were looking for a couple picks and a young top winger. I was saying there was no way they would recieve that with the market flooded with options for goalies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't know who would make a trade for bernier that will cost most likely a couple picks and a talented player. When Roy emery is a ufa and playing at a higher level. Emery would be my target if I'm looking for a goalie to step in a produce. 

[/QUOTE]

They didnt recieve half what the asking price was, so i was right to assume they would not recieve that in return for bernier. Thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They didnt recieve half what the asking price was, so i was right to assume they would not recieve that in return for bernier. Thanks

[/QUOTE]

they got a good young 25 year old forward that will fit nicely into their bottom six (which was their need), a backup goalie, and a 2nd round pick. that's not nothing. And the leafs gave that up because Bernier was the best goalie that was available. maybe they'll sign emery to back him up, but no one is going to pick him over Bernier. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

520 posts, no one person agrees.

Troll.

But, you know, everyone keep up the chatter with him.  It's constructive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

This trade can't be good news for the  Bruins. Nonis is admitting they can't go deep with Reimer, so they've upgraded already. Couldn't even wait for the end of season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

This trade can't be good news for the  Bruins. Nonis is admitting they can't go deep with Reimer, so they've upgraded already. Couldn't even wait for the end of season.

It certainly isn't.  Bernier is a very good goaltender.  We'll see just how good he is over the course of a season.  He needs a new contract.  If nothing else, let's hope it's a whopper that eats a lot of their cap space.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Would Ray Emery fetch this much in a trade if he weren't an upcoming UFA ?

I'm hearing from "expert sources" he would.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Emery is going to cost more $. Bernier is still a RFA. And I don't think the cost was that high. Frattan was on the Marlies most of the year. Scrivens is an AHL goalie... plus a 2nd? Not that high.