Report out of Columbus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Report out of Columbus

In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : OK well this isn't Mr. Rimmer. Until I find out for sure who wrote the article I'm not asking. 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Nite, the guy who wrote it is a guy called Matt Wagner but he states that Rimmer mentioned it on a Columbus radio station. If you do have some type of connection, I'd love to know what is thought of this speculation/rumor/report.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I would love to see them add Nash, but would prefer Parise as he simply costs you the contract.  Price, in terms of players/picks for Nash will be steep. Parise and Nash are the same age with similar career production.  Parise - 502gp 194-216-410 - .386 g/gp & .817 pts/gp - four 30 goal seasons, one 40 goal season Nash - 674gp 289-258-547 - .429 g/gp & .812 pts/gp - five 30 goal seasons, two 40 goal seasons
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I can understand that point of view.  There is a little more certainty when trading with a GM as opposed to signing a UFA.  When talking assets, the value is in the eye of the beholder.  Dollars are dollars, no matter who's looking.  There will be a bidding war for Parise.  He's going to sign a monster contract.  Nash's money is a known quantity.  Plus, Howson's a dope.  Chiarelli can probably con him with Knight, Spooner, Hamill and a first round pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

All these rumors that come out before the playoffs are over are mostly BS. I'll believe it when it happens.

Would prefer they didn't trade for him. If they feel like giving a guy 7.8m a season, don't trade away Rask and other good prospects for Nash - sign Parise.

Doubt either of those happen, though. Bruins have a good core as it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1181103--cox-new-jersey-devils-skate-blithely-through-red-ink
    This article is mostly about the Devils, Parise and their revenue situation but Damien Cox mentions the Leafs possible plan to go after Nash prefering his size over Parise's especially with the way on-ice calls have been going.  That Nash is a local Brampton guy like Seguin wouldn't hurt ticket sales. 

The Bruins and Leafs won't be the only clubs rumoured to be after him during the off-season.  I think we can expect more of this type of speculation floating out of numerous sources.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Makes you wonder how that team could afford Kolvalchuk and re-sgin Parise....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Nash for Lucic....would you do it ?? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011(done) -2013 (100%) sent from my IPad

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1181103--cox-new-jersey-devils-skate-blithely-through-red-ink This article is mostly about the Devils, Parise and their revenue situation but Damien Cox mentions the Leafs possible plan to go after Nash prefering his size over Parise's especially with the way on-ice calls have been going.  That Nash is a local Brampton guy like Seguin wouldn't hurt ticket sales.  The Bruins and Leafs won't be the only clubs rumoured to be after him during the off-season.  I think we can expect more of this type of speculation floating out of numerous sources.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Cox has never wrote an article about someone on the block where he never said the Leafs were in the mix. He has his strongpoints, but he always looks at hockey through a blue and white prism.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]How dumb is that article? They suggest the B's willingness to trade Lucic is moderate to high yet Peverley is just moderate. To how so stupid fans are in Columbus, in the "Who do you want in return for Nash" poll, there are 26 votes for Rask and only 11 for Seguin.  12 for Krejic but 2 for Bergeron. Furthermore, this is a fan site reporting that a Sunday morning radio host said something.  Not really too reliable.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but Im going to guess that team's fans are really tired of watching their team's pee wee level goaltending keep them out of most games.  I'd imagine they would be more interested in a potential franchise goalie than another player with offensive upside that might be comparable to Nash's, in their minds.  Nash didnt take them anywhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The author of the Columbus piece is a guy named Matt Wagner.  Here is his bio from the site: A die-hard fan of the Columbus Blue Jackets, amateur BBQer, and professional IT Jack of All Trades. Born and raised in Columbus, OH, I didn't really discover hockey until the Columbus Chill came to town in the 1980s/90s, and my love of the sport was fairly casual until I went to college and shared a dorm room with a Leafs fan. After being converted into a hockey fan through heavy osmosis, once I returned to my hometown in time for the 2002-2003 season to check out the Blue Jackets, the (often tragic) love affair began in full force! Sounds almost identical to dez.
    It's really a bit spooky.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Is Nash the answer for our Bruins sure is Iginla the answer a natural RW why not. Is player like Semin a temp one year deal is logical. The OV rumour leaving Wsh. 50/50 now that Hunter is gone who takes over the coach duties.

Overall I or someone else on this Boston forum can start up rumour blogs to catch readers attention but people like to read gossip, rumours and other off season articles.

I do not know about the rest of you interesting posters that I like to hear from. But today is my only day off for this this Canadian long weekend it is time spark the BBQ and enjoy R & R. Later I will be watching other sports that I enjoy take care fellow Bruin's Bruisers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

If the Bruins could do somethng built around Krejci, Khudobin, plus picks/prospects not named "Hamilton," then bring it on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins could do somethng built around Krejci, Khudobin, plus picks/prospects not named "Hamilton," then bring it on.
    Posted by Tom857[/QUOTE]

What?? So you would be ok with Bergeron, Seguin, Lucic or Rask for Nash?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli has the assets to go out and get Nash. If Howson insists on anyone of Rask, Seguin or Hamilton a deal won't get done. Krejci, Boychuk and Spooner or Knight for starters is a good return. Opposing GMs do have some leverage with Nash's contract so Howson does have to take  some money back no matter whom he deals with.

I must admit Seguin to Nash does have me smiling quite a bit when I think of it. Boston would still have 3 good centers if Krejci went the other way and Howson would have Boychuk to help Wiz and Johnson on the PP. The idea of Chiarelli making this happen is not totally out of the realm of possibility.

On the matter of the writer he certainly thinks the Bruins have the best assets for a swap but I don't think the blogger has an inside source that is complete hogwash.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I don't think PC necessarily wants Nash, nor do I.

However, with the 19th or 20th pick I think the situation is like 2010. PC will package this lower pick with a roster player and a prospect to get some insurance against Nathan Horton, with a Horton type player, one that can score the crucial goals.

Joffrey Lupul? Stepehn Weiss? Devon Setoguchi? Mike Cammalleri? Along those lines.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think PC necessarily wants Nash, nor do I. However, with the 19th or 20th pick I think the situation is like 2010. PC will package this lower pick with a roster player and a prospect to get some insurance against Nathan Horton, with a Horton type player, one that can score the crucial goals. Joffrey Lupul? Stepehn Weiss? Devon Setoguchi? Mike Cammalleri? Along those lines.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Cammalleri-Like the player, HATE his contract.
    Weiss-Probably not available considering they made the playoffs, and with Huberdeau likely to make the team this fall, they'd be smart to hold on to Weiss to show JH the ropes, before he takes over as the team's #1 Centre in a few seasons.
    Setoguchi-I really like him. In Boston, he'd probably be a 25-ish goal scorer every year.
    Lupul-No chance Burke moves him. Him and Kessel have great chemistry, and all they're missing is a Centre (Galchenyuk) to give them both the puck.

As for Nash, Howson is going to have to realize that by signing him to that asinine contract, he's going to have to take back a salary or an extra part that isn't necessarily going to be a "headline" in the deal. It would really help if the new cba includes an amnesty clause. IF Chiarelli strikes a deal in order to bring Nash to Boston, and he has a very good feeling that there will be an amnesty clause, he could use that on Nash and get him at around a $6-6.6 Million cap-hit (Nash would be desperate to leave CLB, and wouldn't mind leaving some extra money on the table, plus, if money is somewhat of an issue, PC could add an extra year or two onto what would have remained on his current deal). 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : What?? So you would be ok with Bergeron, Seguin, Lucic or Rask for Nash?
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

As much as I like Rask, if he brings back Nash, then yes.

I'd love to see a Nash/Parise/Iginla type infusion on this team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]How bad Nash's contract, really?  6 years remaining @ $7.8M per year for an elite winger.  How much different will Parise's deal be?  Nash will be 28 to begin 2012-13 and his contract will end when he is 33.  His deal is 5th highest in the NHL behind, Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby & Eric Staal.  He makes a little more than Lacavalier, Heatley, Gaborik, Stamkos & Weber (all @ $7.5M).  Others making more than $7M?  Gomez, Brian Campbell, Vanek, Spezza, Iginla, Thornton & Doughty. Nash is expensive, but his contact is not awful.  PC will pay nearly a million more to Krejci and Boychuk next year.
    I note 16 names on your list making more than, as much as, or just less than Nash. Gaborik and Doughty are in the Conference Finals and both may get to the SC Final. The rest are playing golf with Nash and the Bs. Big money forwards don't guarantee better results. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think PC necessarily wants Nash, nor do I. However, with the 19th or 20th pick I think the situation is like 2010. PC will package this lower pick with a roster player and a prospect to get some insurance against Nathan Horton, with a Horton type player, one that can score the crucial goals. Joffrey Lupul? Stepehn Weiss? Devon Setoguchi? Mike Cammalleri? Along those lines.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    My vote on other threads has been Krejci and the pick to Anaheim for Perry and add a prospect for Ryan. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : Cammalleri-Like the player, HATE his contract. Weiss-Probably not available considering they made the playoffs, and with Huberdeau likely to make the team this fall, they'd be smart to hold on to Weiss to show JH the ropes, before he takes over as the team's #1 Centre in a few seasons. Setoguchi-I really like him. In Boston, he'd probably be a 25-ish goal scorer every year. Lupul-No chance Burke moves him. Him and Kessel have great chemistry, and all they're missing is a Centre (Galchenyuk) to give them both the puck. As for Nash, Howson is going to have to realize that by signing him to that asinine contract, he's going to have to take back a salary or an extra part that isn't necessarily going to be a "headline" in the deal. It would really help if the new cba includes an amnesty clause. IF Chiarelli strikes a deal in order to bring Nash to Boston, and he has a very good feeling that there will be an amnesty clause, he could use that on Nash and get him at around a $6-6.6 Million cap-hit (Nash would be desperate to leave CLB, and wouldn't mind leaving some extra money on the table, plus, if money is somewhat of an issue, PC could add an extra year or two onto what would have remained on his current deal). 
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

I have read about this possibility of under new CBA rules, GMs could trade money (similar to GMs in MLB) in transactions. I think this would be a good idea as it would promote more “blockbuster” trades similar to the trading deadlines of the pre-cap era. Would it be absolutely awesome if Columbus ate $2.8 Mil and we only absorbed $5 Mil?? Yes, but the BlueJackets would expect a larger return. Unfortunately, this is only speculation and is not in place currently so it is $7.8 Mil or nothing.

I am low on Krecji and have been for some time (one of my first ever Bruins posts was about trading him). Send DK, Khudobin, Spooner, and our first rounder for Nash.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I note 16 names on your list making more than, as much as, or just less than Nash. Gaborik and Doughty are in the Conference Finals and both may get to the SC Final. The rest are playing golf with Nash and the Bs. Big money forwards don't guarantee better results. 
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

You can add Parise, Brad Richards, Ilya K, Kopitar (even Richards and Carter at 5.75 and 5.25M) to your list of big money forwards (over 6mill) who will be playing for the cup.

If we are just noting from that 16 name list (13 are forwards), 5 of those forwards have won atleast 1 cup, 4 have made it to the cup finals, and all have made the conference finals.  1 of the 3 dmen have won a cup and drew D could be on his way as well.

Past few cup winners forwards minus bruins: Kane/Toews, Malkin/Crosby, Datsyuk/Zetterberg, Getzlaf/Perry, Staal, Lecalvier/Richards/St Louis.  The list doesn't include cup runner ups who had Iginla, Alfredson/Spezza/Heatley, Crosby/Malkin, Datsyuk/Zetterberg, Sedins/Kesler, Briere/Giroux/Richards.  

2012's list will include Kopitar/Richards/Carter/Brown, Parise/Ilya K, Richards/Gaborik.  I see it the opposite of you, the past cup participants have been loaded upfront, all except for us last season (one 30 goal guy with 5 empty netters, and a few 60 point guys.  What we had, historic goaltending and Norris Dman).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]How dumb is that article? They suggest the B's willingness to trade Lucic is moderate to high yet Peverley is just moderate. To how so stupid fans are in Columbus, in the "Who do you want in return for Nash" poll, there are 26 votes for Rask and only 11 for Seguin.  12 for Krejic but 2 for Bergeron. Furthermore, this is a fan site reporting that a Sunday morning radio host said something.  Not really too reliable.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thought too. Dumb bluejacket fans would rather have Rask than Bergeron lol. forget this trade and just sign Parise unless it gets to the ridiculous level.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If Horton is LITRed next season, then PC needs to think scoring particularly on the PP.  I am not one of those fans who say the Bs won a Cup without a PP so why worry, especially since the advent of the "collapse" system in this year's playoffs. Parise will demand money (I like his game), Evander Kane desires will demand a player like Lucic (not a bad trade imo especially if the Pegs give some else in return), but I agree with those who say Nash, he has a known contract and he needs a better team (Seguin as center does the trick in my dream team analysis).  
    In reality, The Bs team is not far off from another Cup, the question is whether or not Nash is the answer.  I am inclined to think a lesser player like TJ Oshie (Stewart?), and a return of Horton is the better answer cap wise.  The fact is I have no understanding of the medical condition of Horton, me thinks the Bs management will be in a decision making mode on his and Savard's status in the next month!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I note 16 names on your list making more than, as much as, or just less than Nash. Gaborik and Doughty are in the Conference Finals and both may get to the SC Final. The rest are playing golf with Nash and the Bs. Big money forwards don't guarantee better results. 
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

True, but this tem as it is built, even with giving up Rask, Krejci and a pick but adding a player like Nash would be soemthing. The thought of just sign Parise so you dont have to give anything up is wishful thinking.