Report out of Columbus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Report out of Columbus

In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : True, but this tem as it is built, even with giving up Rask, Krejci and a pick but adding a player like Nash would be soemthing. The thought of just sign Parise so you dont have to give anything up is wishful thinking.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, while I don't subscribe to acquiring either player, what is it that makes you think signing Parise is so far-fetched? Also, are you suggesting that trading DK, Rask and a pick for Nash would be acceptable? If Boston was giving up DK and Rask for Nash, then I'd also want the BJ's to swap 1st rounders with Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : What?? So you would be ok with Bergeron, Seguin, Lucic or Rask for Nash?
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

No. Like I said, I'd be ok with giving up Krejci, Khudobin, etc. for Nash. I WOULDN'T be ok dealing Seguin, Lucic, Rask, or Bergeron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : Kel, while I don't subscribe to acquiring either player, what is it that makes you think signing Parise is so far-fetched? Also, are you suggesting that trading DK, Rask and a pick for Nash would be acceptable? If Boston was giving up DK and Rask for Nash, then I'd also want the BJ's to swap 1st rounders with Boston.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I just dont see Parise coming here, he'll get more than Nash, and then you'd have to move a player or two anyways to fit him in. And yes, I think it would be reasonable to trade Krejci,Rask and a pick for Nash, with Columbus adding a second round pick. I think you have to pay that much for him becasue other teams will be in play there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : My vote on other threads has been Krejci and the pick to Anaheim for Perry and add a prospect for Ryan. 
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

Krejci, a prospect and a pick for Perry and Ryan.

Maybe in 2022.

Not today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I have read about this possibility of under new CBA rules, GMs could trade money (similar to GMs in MLB) in transactions. I think this would be a good idea as it would promote more “blockbuster” trades similar to the trading deadlines of the pre-cap era. Would it be absolutely awesome if Columbus ate $2.8 Mil and we only absorbed $5 Mil?? Yes, but the BlueJackets would expect a larger return. Unfortunately, this is only speculation and is not in place currently so it is $7.8 Mil or nothing.   I am low on Krecji and have been for some time (one of my first ever Bruins posts was about trading him). Send DK, Khudobin, Spooner, and our first rounder for Nash.
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

Brian Burke has been pushing for this for years.  He keeps getting denied.  It makes the cap less relevant and keeps the rich teams buying and the poor teams settling.

Bad idea.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : No. Like I said, I'd be ok with giving up Krejci, Khudobin, etc. for Nash. I WOULDN'T be ok dealing Seguin, Lucic, Rask, or Bergeron.
    Posted by Tom857[/QUOTE]

How does Khudobin sneak into trade offers?  What's his value?  Before answering, remember that the B's got him for a couple of AHLers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I just dont see Parise coming here, he'll get more than Nash, and then you'd have to move a player or two anyways to fit him in. And yes, I think it would be reasonable to trade Krejci,Rask and a pick for Nash, with Columbus adding a second round pick. I think you have to pay that much for him becasue other teams will be in play there.

ALL DAY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : ALL DAY
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    There would be no need to sweeten the offer with a pick. The BJ's would be fools to not accept Rask and DK for Nash. DK will likely finish within 15-20 points of Nash and they'd also get a new starting goalie. I prefer to see some other GM overpay for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : Brian Burke has been pushing for this for years.  He keeps getting denied.  It makes the cap less relevant and keeps the rich teams buying and the poor teams settling. Bad idea.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

The cap still exists...Teams wouldn't be able to spend endlessly. It opens more possibilities of trades throughout the league by allowing teams to rid themselves of players with burdening contracts. More teams would be interested in acquiring Nash if he had a cap hit of $5M and the Blue Jackets ate $2.8...Agree or disagree?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : The cap still exists...Teams wouldn't be able to spend endlessly. It opens more possibilities of trades throughout the league by allowing teams to rid themselves of players with burdening contracts. More teams would be interested in acquiring Nash if he had a cap hit of $5M and the Blue Jackets ate $2.8...Agree or disagree?
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

The rich teams could sign and/or trade for all of the highest priced players.  When it didn't work out, they could eat 90% of the deal and make a trade.  At least now, unless they are dealing with the Habs, albatross contracts stick like glue...which makes the GM more careful in negotiations.

I see your profile pic is of baseball.  That sport is the biggest joke running when it comes to salaries.  Compare NYY to KC.

I like hockey's current settings because they don't let the cash teams run away with all of the talent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I'd trade Lucic in a deal for Nash. I like Lucic, but I am tired of him disappearing in the playoffs. I don't trade Seguin. I don't trade Hamilton. I don't trade Beregeron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : You can add Parise, Brad Richards, Ilya K, Kopitar (even Richards and Carter at 5.75 and 5.25M) to your list of big money forwards (over 6mill) who will be playing for the cup. If we are just noting from that 16 name list (13 are forwards), 5 of those forwards have won atleast 1 cup, 4 have made it to the cup finals, and all have made the conference finals.  1 of the 3 dmen have won a cup and drew D could be on his way as well. Past few cup winners forwards minus bruins: Kane/Toews, Malkin/Crosby, Datsyuk/Zetterberg, Getzlaf/Perry, Staal, Lecalvier/Richards/St Louis.  The list doesn't include cup runner ups who had Iginla, Alfredson/Spezza/Heatley, Crosby/Malkin, Datsyuk/Zetterberg, Sedins/Kesler, Briere/Giroux/Richards.   2012's list will include Kopitar/Richards/Carter/Brown, Parise/Ilya K, Richards/Gaborik.  I see it the opposite of you, the past cup participants have been loaded upfront, all except for us last season (one 30 goal guy with 5 empty netters, and a few 60 point guys.  What we had, historic goaltending and Norris Dman).
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Here is something you didn't factor in though. When Chicago won the cup, Kane and Toews were under their entry level contracts. with detroit, zetterberg's contract was at around 2.6. Perry/Getzlaf were both on very small entry level deals, same with Staal. Lecavalier made 2.6, richards 2.4, and st louis 1.5. So what these teams had in common is that they had players outperforming their contracts....paying big name, big money forwards doesn't bring you the cup, having good contracts certainly helps though

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : There would be no need to sweeten the offer with a pick. The BJ's would be fools to not accept Rask and DK for Nash. DK will likely finish within 15-20 points of Nash and they'd also get a new starting goalie. I prefer to see some other GM overpay for him.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

With all due respect Dez, if Krejci goes to Columbus in a deal for Nash, even with Krejci getting 1st line center ice time there, i dont think he finishes within 15-20 points of Nash while he is playing for Boston. Should Nash come here, I could see him and Seguin flirting with the the 100 point mark for years to come.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : With all due respect Dez, if Krejci goes to Columbus in a deal for Nash, even with Krejci getting 1st line center ice time there, i dont think he finishes within 15-20 points of Nash while he is playing for Boston. Should Nash come here, I could see him and Seguin flirting with the the 100 point mark for years to come.
    Many here have tried to name players who have gone from being the top scorer on a bad team to being even better on a good team. They're as rare as Bigfoot sightings. I predict DK and Nash will finish within 20 points of each other regardless of where they end up playing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

Whatever we do, let's not trade our playoff mvp two years running, Milan Lucic. If we all close our eyes, twinkle our toes and wish real hard, he might one day turn into Cam Neely!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I note 16 names on your list making more than, as much as, or just less than Nash. Gaborik and Doughty are in the Conference Finals and both may get to the SC Final. The rest are playing golf with Nash and the Bs. Big money forwards don't guarantee better results. 
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

My point was about his relative value in terms of his contract.  Nash's contract is not terrible, relatively speaking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

PC may of said he will not trade the core of the team but with the top CEO's and Neely not happy with the early exit and dreadful PP anything could happen via trades or letting a top six forward go in a trade.

(1) We have three goalies signed
    - not Rask he could be in the mix
    (2) If the Bruins sign Kelly soon - then I can se Krejci in the mix

Rask and Krejci can definetly get Columbus interest for Nash but my arms are up in the air. Nash is 100% Bruins type player but does he have speed to play with Seguin ??????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Maybe Columbus could have other players involve with Boston besides Nash: The mngt. is using Nash as an attention for phone calls from other GM's.

(1) Boston needs another D man for strength Colu. has Wies. Tyutin Methot signed
         Boston will have Methot 3.0 mill until 2014 season and Boston just signed Krug so put Krug in the trade

(2) Boston now has three goalies signed a vet and 2 prospect goalies. Rask is unsigned Mason is good for another year put Rask in the deal even though I don't want to see Rask leave Boston, but Columbus wants Rask to even think trading with Boston. Boston will have 4 goalies under contract 2 experience goalies and 2 prospects

(3) Columbus has Brassard signed at 3.2 mill until the 2014 - 2015 season and will be an RFA Boston 1st rd. pick

Review trade to Boston Methot Mason Brassard to Columbus Krug Rask Boston 1st rd. pick plus an AHL'er if needed

Boston partial problems are solve and Columbus is getting their youth in return

Lucic Seguin Krejci
    Marchand Bergy Brassard
    Caron Peverly ?????
    ????? ?????? Thornton

Chara Sieds
    Methot Boys
    Ference McQuaid
    Hamilton

Thomas and Mason (would be a more consistent goalie playing in Boston) plus 2 potential prospects.

With 4 goalies signed and d core filled in Boston can then focus on the remaining line up ie Campbell and Kelly. If Horton is OK to play even better for the bruins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Nash scored 59 points last year, so 100 points would represent an improvement of over 65% in production by changing teams. I don't think that has ever happened to an established 28 year old star player who is already getting top minutes where he is. If it were to happen, I would say it is a result of Seguin being ridiculously good, not a result of Nash. If Nash can score 100 points playing with Seguin than a pylon could get 60. As a rookie Sidney Crosby scored 102pts playing with Colby Armstrong and Mark Recchi. That is a player worth 8.7mil. Nash is not worth 7.8, and there is not a single example in history to suggest Nash's production will jump dramatically.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : With all due respect Dez, if Krejci goes to Columbus in a deal for Nash, even with Krejci getting 1st line center ice time there, i dont think he finishes within 15-20 points of Nash while he is playing for Boston. Should Nash come here, I could see him and Seguin flirting with the the 100 point mark for years to come.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]PC may of said he will not trade the core of the team but with the top CEO's and Neely not happy with the early exit and dreadful PP anything could happen via trades or letting a top six forward go in a trade. (1) We have three goalies signed - not Rask he could be in the mix (2) If the Bruins sign Kelly soon - then I can se Krejci in the mix Rask and Krejci can definetly get Columbus interest for Nash but my arms are up in the air. Nash is 100% Bruins type player but does he have speed to play with Seguin ??????
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

Yes, he does have the speed to play with Seguin

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Nash scored 59 points last year, so 100 points would represent an improvement of over 65% in production by changing teams. I don't think that has ever happened to an established 28 year old star player who is already getting top minutes where he is. If it were to happen, I would say it is a result of Seguin being ridiculously good, not a result of Nash. If Nash can score 100 points playing with Seguin than a pylon could get 60. As a rookie Sidney Crosby scored 102pts playing with Colby Armstrong and Mark Recchi. That is a player worth 8.7mil. Nash is not worth 7.8, and there is not a single example in history to suggest Nash's production will jump dramatically. In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    I don't think he'll be a 100 point guy, but it's not out of the question that he'd put up 40-35-75 totals every year playing in Boston with linemates that are better than me and Scott Howson's mom that he's been subject to in Columbus. I'm really hoping that the new cba includes an amnesty clause, or if PC (considering he usually has a good feel for everything) feels that there will be an amnesty clause added to the cba (whenever it gets signed), I'd be thrilled if he put that on Nash, and got him at around a $6.5 Million cap hit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I'd make Nash a priority if I'm PC.

I'd also throw TT into the mix for enticement--see if CBJ would bite on a combination of Krejci+Thomas+Draft pick OR Lucic+TT+pick....*

either way it gets harder and harder for the Bruins to maintain the same team they have now and still be a cup contender with all the parity in the league. It worked in 2011...that doesn't mean you can repeat (see this year) or stay pat and just get back to '11 again.

Seguin and Nash on the same line should make any true Bruins fan drool.

Make it happen.

*I'd rather see Lucic go than Krejci.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I'd make Nash a priority if I'm PC. I'd also throw TT into the mix for enticement--see if CBJ would bite on a combination of Krejci+Thomas+Draft pick OR Lucic+TT+pick....* either way it gets harder and harder for the Bruins to maintain the same team they have now and still be a cup contender with all the parity in the league. It worked in 2011...that doesn't mean you can repeat (see this year) or stay pat and just get back to '11 again. Seguin and Nash on the same line should make any true Bruins fan drool. Make it happen. *I'd rather see Lucic go than Krejci.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I feel like if you send off Lucic and bring back Nash, maybe you also try and work out something around Horton for Clowe.

Recreate the Lucic-Horton combo that was really powerful in the 11' playoff run with Nash-Seguin-Clowe line perhaps?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Or you could go with Lucic-Seguin-Horton.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I feel like if you send off Lucic and bring back Nash, maybe you also try and work out something around Horton for Clowe. Recreate the Lucic-Horton combo that was really powerful in the 11' playoff run with Nash-Seguin-Clowe line perhaps?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Those numbers are much more in tune with what I would expect of Rick Nash under ideal circumstances. He's never been a guy like Crosby or Ovechkin who can put up big numbers no matter who he's with, but he is a good, solid scorer. If he wasn't a 1st overall pick and Columbus's "franchise player" he would be viewed similar to other 30+ goal 60+ point guys. I wouldn't trade any of our cheaper, younger top-6 forwards for him. Use the money to keep them all and add a real good forward to the third line in place of Kelly. That would make the Bruins more dangerous and address the main problem the Bruins faced this year: injury. Swapping Lucic or Krejci for Nash might make a healthy lineup a little better but won't help if someone gets injured again. If the league rolls back salaries as in '05, they would also roll back the cap, so that doesn't help you any.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report out of Columbus : I don't think he'll be a 100 point guy, but it's not out of the question that he'd put up 40-35-75 totals every year playing in Boston with linemates that are better than me and Scott Howson's mom that he's been subject to in Columbus. I'm really hoping that the new cba includes an amnesty clause, or if PC (considering he usually has a good feel for everything) feels that there will be an amnesty clause added to the cba (whenever it gets signed), I'd be thrilled if he put that on Nash, and got him at around a $6.5 Million cap hit.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]