Report: USA goes with Quick, Miller, Howard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Report: USA goes with Quick, Miller, Howard

You know, the USA goaltending looked a lot better last summer.  With injuries and performances so far, it's not nearly as comforting. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Report: USA goes with Quick, Miller, Howard

I like Canada's chances with Price.  The U.S. , like you said , this summer had a greater compilation of goalies , right now it almost looks like Canada has " the " better goalie.

p.s. I hope Rask doesn't play

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey, the Twitter monkey is back!  Hey, Legion.

Based on the past three months, and four years ago, don't you have to go with Miller as the de facto starter?  Since Nolan took over, he's given up 4 goals once, 3 goals 4 times, 1 goal 4 times, and 2 goals 5 times.  That's roughly a 2.14 GAA.  In that time, he's had a total of 2 games where his SV% is less than .920.  And that's still playing behind that awful Buffalo defense.

I'd have thought Quick for sure until I saw Ben Scrivens at the top of the SV% stat sheet, and Jones starting his career with ridiculous results.  System + Injury = Quick would scare me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...also, what's the over/under on Thomas quitting on the Panthers now that he's not on the Olympic roster?  20 games?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

...also, what's the over/under on Thomas quitting on the Panthers now that he's not on the Olympic roster?  20 games?

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you hear?  He's a quitter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

How does Howard get picked over Bishop is he hurt?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Howard over Bishop hmmm

If Parise does have a stress fracture then man does Quick really, really have to come up big! Hoping the first estimate of two to three weeks is on target.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Howard over Bishop because of career length.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How does Howard get picked over Bishop is he hurt?

[/QUOTE]

Bishop at the moment is one of the best goalies in the world.  Its a luxury for USA.  So many very strong goalies.  Schneider Bishop Anderson on the farm team.  

I think Bishop will have the same result as Harding.  As NAS said just not enough on the resume.  No knock on him hes been great.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hes gonna get traded to a contender like Pitt, Caps.  likely does well enough to get another 1 year deal.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Probably - he's doing nothing for Florida except possibly sour their draft pick.  But it wouldn't be the first time he's walked away before his team could trade him as planned.  Back when he took his sabbatical, he said he was coming back for the Olympics.  If he's not going to make the Olympic team, maybe he does it again?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Probably - he's doing nothing for Florida except possibly sour their draft pick.  But it wouldn't be the first time he's walked away before his team could trade him as planned.  Back when he took his sabbatical, he said he was coming back for the Olympics.  If he's not going to make the Olympic team, maybe he does it again?

[/QUOTE]

Come on, Book.  He didn't leave in the middle of the season.

He may get injured, get scratched a few times and retire a la Kovalev, but I can't imagine him screwing Florida just because he didn't get his Olympic nod.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

How does Howard get picked over Bishop is he hurt? [/QUOTE]

Bishop at the moment is one of the best goalies in the world.  Its a luxury for USA.  So many very strong goalies.  Schneider Bishop Anderson on the farm team.  [/QUOTE]

As the plow horse ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No, but he did leave in the middle of a contract.  And I could easily see him drawing a line between quitting on the Panthers (agree, he probably would not do this) and quitting because the Panthers trade him.  He made a commitment to Florida, not to be a trade chip because he wants to prolong his career.  That just sounds consistent with what Tim Thomas has said over the last few years.  And he came back for the Olympics.  That was his cited reason for not simply retiring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Seeing as how TT stuck it to the B's once i could see him agree to a trade to an Eastern conference team to try and stick it to them again.With his Olympic dream shattered there is little else left to play for unless its to play for a Stanley Cup, which he certainly won't do in Florida.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Now way Thomas walks away from the Panthers just becuase he didnt make the U.S squad. If anything, this will motivate him even more and some team in the NHL is going to get him at the deadline and reap the benefits.

Hindsight is 20/20 of course but looking back at what he did and hearing him explain why he left, I can understand why he did it. Not saying he was right and who am I to, but I do understand. The guy moved his family all over the place, sometimes went alone to other countries to persue his dream. After winning the Cup, the Vezina etc..I think he almost felt like he set out to accomplish what he did and it was time to put the family first for once.

I say this becuase I just turned down a position that would be a significant hike in pay, but would see my family less. People think I'm crazy, they can't beleive what I did. My answer: My kids are only young once, and only people with kids no what I mean. I'm just fine in the job I'm ar right now, good pay and I never miss one of kids sporting events/school concerts and other special moments. You can't buy that stuff at the local store. Nothing I would do on that job would equal it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seeing as how TT stuck it to the B's once i could see him agree to a trade to an Eastern conference team to try and stick it to them again.With his Olympic dream shattered there is little else left to play for unless its to play for a Stanley Cup, which he certainly won't do in Florida.

[/QUOTE]

Why do you think Thomas has bad feelings towards the B's?  He was treated very well on the team, in departure and upon return.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now way Thomas walks away from the Panthers just becuase he didnt make the U.S squad. If anything, this will motivate him even more and some team in the NHL is going to get him at the deadline and reap the benefits.

Hindsight is 20/20 of course but looking back at what he did and hearing him explain why he left, I can understand why he did it. Not saying he was right and who am I to, but I do understand. The guy moved his family all over the place, sometimes went alone to other countries to persue his dream. After winning the Cup, the Vezina etc..I think he almost felt like he set out to accomplish what he did and it was time to put the family first for once.

I say this becuase I just turned down a position that would be a significant hike in pay, but would see my family less. People think I'm crazy, they can't beleive what I did. My answer: My kids are only young once, and only people with kids no what I mean. I'm just fine in the job I'm ar right now, good pay and I never miss one of kids sporting events/school concerts and other special moments. You can't buy that stuff at the local store. Nothing I would do on that job would equal it.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think your crazy, wise choice. You'll be happy with your decision, you can always make more money.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay this is way out there I know but if Thomas gets healthy and plays well ,how about the Bruins pick him up at the deadline for back up to Rask,yep, and I haven't even had a drink yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay this is way out there I know but if Thomas gets healthy and plays well ,how about the Bruins pick him up at the deadline for back up to Rask,yep, and I haven't even had a drink yet.

[/QUOTE]

Haha. Awesome. If Rasks groin were to act up again, I would hope PC would be right on the phone with Florida. Probably never happen, but it would neat.

Sections
Shortcuts