Reports are that Dustin Brown is available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Reports are that Dustin Brown is available

Here's another big name !  Ouch....
    Wonder what the asking price is .
    L.A. is also looking into trading Jonathan Bernier . 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available

This guy should be a Bruin.  Not sure PC has the bullets to get him, but he would be a great add.  Only a $3.175M cap hit through 2013-14.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

1st, Spooner, Caron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Trading their captain, and good team player Brown after aquiring a rather selfish injury prone Carter...

Strange stuff, why would they want to get rid of Brown when they are having trouble scoring, and he has a friendly salary?

I'm all for him coming to Boston though, good physical player, good leader... would be a nice fit if this rumor is true.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

If Brown is available I hope we at least throw them a serious offer. Brown is a prototypical Bruin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who's saying he's available?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kelv, Mckenzie said on TSN tonight during the Sharks-Leafs game that he's heard that Brown is available.

Who does Spooner think he is being offered in all these trade proposals ?

Hamill...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

In Response to Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available:
    [QUOTE]1st, Spooner, Caron.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]
    Done

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

A few recent tweets from McKenzie:

Just to be clear, is LA captain Dustin Brown in play? As in being shopped? Yes, absolutely. But that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to move.

LAK will decide based on quality of offers. But given considerable interest from multiple teams, decent chance he moves. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Wow ! Dustin Brown ! Sell the farm ! This guy loves to hit. A perfect antidote for waking up a sleepy Bruins team when they snooze .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ok, Brown would be a good addition to the Bruins, how's this for emptying the farm yard where all the mud sits:: send Pouliot,Corvo,Hamill plus any other young Providence defensman that Claude won't play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available": [QUOTE]Ok, Brown would be a good addition to the Bruins, how's this for emptying the farm yard where all the mud sits:: send Pouliot,Corvo,Hamill plus any other young Providence defensman that Claude won't play. Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE] Yeah, im sure thats what the kings are looking for

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Love to get this guy, it would take a lot, they probably want Bergeron in return

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Anyone have more insight on what the Kings need? We keep hearing scoring, but doesn't make sense they'd give up Brown for similar output. Not sure it would take Bergeron, but the price would be pretty steep.

My concern at this point is the Rangers making an offer for Brown or Nash. That would be huge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

[QUOTE]Love to get this guy, it would take a lot, they probably want Bergeron in return
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

That would be a lateral move...and there's no chance the B's trade Bergeron unless its Kopitar coming to Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

If I am PC, this is how I approach Brown. Call Deano and say "Word is you're thinking of moving Bernier. If you do, I'll offer Knodubilin (sp?) as a capable backup to Quick, my first, and two of Caron/Knight/Pouliot." It would let LAK drop their cap hit, something they'l probably need after whatever salary they add in their Bernier exchange, plus it fills their need for a capable if unused backup goalie and some low-cost depth forwards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Caron, Kampfer, and a first?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available :  B's trade Bergeron unless its Kopitar coming to Boston. Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't take 4 Kopitar's for Bergeron as he disappears when the hitting starts and does a great Ryder/Murray impersonation of standing around waiting for his centers do all the work.

No way PC would even consider that. Kopitar is on my overrated list $6.8M only broke 30 goals twice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Certainly depends on whether LA is looking for roster players or room for Quick's upcoming contract. Bernier is not coming because that is the same situation, I think, as here: guy wants to play, same as Rask behind Thomas. 

If LA wants significant roster pieces, B's not the team. If they want significant prospects, then it can happen.

Spooner, Caron, 1st should do it, but all the interest will drive his price up to a dumb level. And I can see Sather or Holmgren overpaying before Chiarelli.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available : That would be a lateral move...and there's no chance the B's trade Bergeron unless its Kopitar coming to Boston.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

i dont think the bruins trade bergeron for anyone except datsyuk or someone like that, i think he is too important to the org. imo i do think thats what L.A. would ask for though

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Certainly depends on whether LA is looking for roster players or room for Quick's upcoming contract. Bernier is not coming because that is the same situation, I think, as here: guy wants to play, same as Rask behind Thomas.  If LA wants significant roster pieces, B's not the team. If they want significant prospects, then it can happen. Spooner, Caron, 1st should do it, but all the interest will drive his price up to a dumb level. And I can see Sather or Holmgren overpaying before Chiarelli.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

Kings are not in rebuilding mode they want to win now thats why they traded for Carter

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available : I wouldn't take 4 Kopitar's for Bergeron as he disappears when the hitting starts and does a great Ryder/Murray impersonation of standing around waiting for his centers do all the work. No way PC would even consider that. Kopitar is on my overrated list $6.8M only broke 30 goals twice.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Agree x10

I still don't understand why they would trade the soul of that team , Dustin Brown.
    I'm sure Lombardi has a hefty price tag for this one.  He won't just trade him for a bunch of peanuts .  A bluechip player will have to come in return.
    McKenzie has said Leafs are very interested but what can they trade ?  Their peanuts ... Kadri, Schenn, Colbourne...  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available : Kings are not in rebuilding mode they want to win now thats why they traded for Carter
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you this, what if LA was still interested in Nash but needed 1. the space, and 2. the prospects? I'd do that deal for a flip in a second if I were LA

and if it meant getting Brown I'd take Penner off of their hands.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

How good would Brown look in a B's jersey! He seems to have it all, including the cap friendly contract. Reading lots of post on Krejci being on the other end. Obviously I would like to get him without disrupting the top 6 but I think I would pull the trigger on this one, if there was no other way. What do u all say? Krejci for Brown ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would take Brown, but no way in hell I deal Krejci for him and don't even bother mentioning Bergeron, that's just ridiculous.  I wouldn't trade any of Boston top 8 forwards for him, but I wouldn't mind adding him to that group. I don't know why LA would move him unless it's for cap space for another player. They have next to nothing left at a pro-rated full season amount of $2million. If they are looking to dump a fine player for prospects and cap space, I would take Brown.

Sections
Shortcuts