Reports are that Dustin Brown is available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available

Krecji and Bergeron are not being moved, in the level of "NEED" to win a stanley cup wingers are the least of importance. Goalie, Centers, Defense, Wingers in that order. So why trade away your best penalty killing forward, best faceoff player, and the mentor for tyler seguin? Also why trade away the player who would have won a Con Smyth trophy last season if not for Thomas putting up all time best calibur numbers?

Some of you are just looking for a trade to happen, a stupid trade wont happen, and Krejci and Bergeron are proven playoff players = stupid trade. Was krecji leading all playoff scorers in 2010 before the broken wrist as well? Pretty sure he was. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

In Response to Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available:
    [QUOTE]Krecji and Bergeron are not being moved, in the level of "NEED" to win a stanley cup wingers are the least of importance. Goalie, Centers, Defense, Wingers in that order. So why trade away your best penalty killing forward, best faceoff player, and the mentor for tyler seguin? Also why trade away the player who would have won a Con Smyth trophy last season if not for Thomas putting up all time best calibur numbers? Some of you are just looking for a trade to happen, a stupid trade wont happen, and Krejci and Bergeron are proven playoff players = stupid trade. Was krecji leading all playoff scorers in 2010 before the broken wrist as well? Pretty sure he was. 
    Posted by puckhog9966[/QUOTE]

And Chiarelli has been pretty adamant that he does not want to trade away roster players and mess with team chemistry. Doesn't mean he won't do that, but he is pretty honest about stuff like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

LA will regret trading Brown come playoff time. Yes Bruins always had history of transactions with LA. The price for Brown will be heavy playoff contenders will be in the bid ie Chicago NYR Detroit SJ Vancouver Boston NJD and if the Kings are looking for scoring:
    then Martin St. Loius, Selanne or similar scorers.
    Maybe Edm will send Eberle to LA straight up.
     Nash for Brown and Bernier. So many options on this rumour.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

im pretty sure LA would not want a prospect like caron, big , skilled but slow (doesnt that sound a lot like penner) i would love it if it was pouliot, krejci and thats it. and get back brown and one of la's many defensive prospects.. brown is a bruins type of playe.. and an american .. be nice to root for.. also have heard rumblings (espn mostly) that okposo is available.. if i was chiarelli i would jump on that immediately .. less of a cost and a guy that has a world of talent, strong and has never been part of actual successful organization with a legit coach.. GET OKPOSO! i think he is only like 2.7 mil  a season for two more years.. im getting ancy just writing about it
    !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

I dont think the Bruins have the bullets in the gun to make the deal unless they want to rethink their position on roster players, if not, then they may have to get a 3rd team into the deal to make it work.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Reports are that Dustin Brown is available:
    [QUOTE]Here's another big name !  Ouch.... Wonder what the asking price is . L.A. is also looking into trading Jonathan Bernier . 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

NBC Sports has the article. It is interesting to note the last sentence (disclaimer?), states that the KINGS are interested in him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reports are that Dustin Brown is available : I wouldn't take 4 Kopitar's for Bergeron as he disappears when the hitting starts and does a great Ryder/Murray impersonation of standing around waiting for his centers do all the work. No way PC would even consider that. Kopitar is on my overrated list $6.8M only broke 30 goals twice.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts on Kopitar. Not for what you'd have to give up for him, plus that salary. No thanks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Maybe a 3-way deal might be in order...

LA clears approx 3 miilion Brown would command and acquire multiple picks/ young cheap talent/and or prospects (like Caron, 1st rounder, and Spooner types) and flips some of them along with other prospects and Bernier to Columbus for Nash.

This is the only way I could see them justifying trading Brown to another team. 

It would be nice if the B's were part of that menage a trois.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Dreger: Brown is plan b for NYR if Nash deal never comes together.

Bruins will have to make a solid offer to land him. Third-liners and spare parts arent going to get it done. NYR might make Brown priority with Nash's cap hit and what Jackets want in return. This all looks to drive up price for Brown

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

has anyone heard anything about okposo.. hes a poor mans brown .. and would require a little less. especially now that the word is out on brown !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

McKenzie said the reason for moving Brown are because of the cap....

having paid a high price in acquiring Carter, the Kings are looking to win now and, imo, for Brown would want in return a player capable of providing impact but at a cheaper cost....  on the B'S the best match is Marchand....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Of course they would want Marchand, he is better than Brown.

[QUOTE]McKenzie said the reason for moving Brown are because of the cap.... having paid a high price in acquiring Carter, the Kings are looking to win now and, imo, for Brown would want in return a player capable of providing impact but at a cheaper cost....  on the B'S the best match is Marchand....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

McKenzie says cap and they also want to make Richards captain.  He does list Boston as a team that is interested, so there is substance there. Bob doesn't report garbage. It wouldn't be Marchand though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]McKenzie says cap and they also want to make Richards captain.  He does list Boston as a team that is interested, so there is substance there. Bob doesn't report garbage. It wouldn't be Marchand though.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

like i said, i think the Kings want immediate help in return for their captain....

i wouldn't trade Marchand either, but i don't see anything else on the B'S that would help the Kings at the moment and cost less than what Brown's making....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Trade deadline craziness: Lombardi telling inquiring GMs that Dustin Brown is not available. Can't wait until this is over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Hamilton is supposedly what the kings would want in a deal for Brown

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

@TSNBobMcKenzie: IF LAK are no longer considering trading Dustin Brown, as @FriedgeHNIC tweeted, I can most certainly assure you they were. #TradeCentre #tsn

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

The issue is quality forward depth with the loss of Horton and Peverly, so trading a top forward makes no sense. The strength of the Bruins is having a superior 6 man defense corp second to none, so you dont want to mess with that either. Hamilton is untradeable and there dont seem to be any great prospects. So.....

Thomas is not having a Vezina year and Peverly and Horton may not be back at anything approaching 100%. Even if we were close to being the best, selling teams hold out for such ransom this time of year. ( I still throw up in my mouth when I think of what was traded for that worthless Kaberle)

Therefore the B's might adopt a wait till next year philosophy and if anything become sellers. Get a young stud from a team looking for that elusive "puck moving defenseman" for Corvo?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Sounds like Dustin's not going anywhere, so we can put that one to bed.

Sections
Shortcuts