Resign Pouliot....playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Resign Pouliot....playoffs?

Seems like Caron is ready to play, looks so much more confident. Doubting Chia will resign him. He's had a couple flashes but hasn't been all that great.

Doesn't look like Horton will be back for the playoffs, but if he is does Pouliot become the scratch with Caron and Peverly in the lineup?

Only thing is Claude seems to love him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Re: Resign Pouliot....playoffs?

Agreed Biss. Pouliot has displayed his inconsistency and indifferent play all too often this year. With a pile of draft picks coming up from junior next year and the "emergence" of Caron, Pouliot does not appear to be part of the long term picture.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Prior to today's signing extension for Thorton, I thought for sure Pouliot would take his spot on the 4th line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Pouliot is just such a strange player to watch, he's so wild and awkward looking with the puck. Kinda reminds be of Paille without a defensive mind. He hasn't been terrible, but I'd rather not see him in there come playoff time.

So strange how he busts out these occaisonal flashy goals when it seems like his puck handling is so bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

They should be able to easily replace Pouliot with an upgrade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Resign Pouliot....playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Pouliot is just such a strange player to watch, he's so wild and awkward looking with the puck. Kinda reminds be of Paille without a defensive mind. He hasn't been terrible, but I'd rather not see him in there come playoff time. So strange how he busts out these occaisonal flashy goals when it seems like his puck handling is so bad.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Paille and Pouliot are similar because they both play hockey and they both have  "P" at the beginning of their last names.

Nothing else.

No, Pouliot won't be back.  He's a wreck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Yes resign not re-sign.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Caron is 21 and learning to use his size...probably some coaching sessions with Neely. He'll be a useful 3rd liner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

his role is scoring two great goals a year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Resign Pouliot....playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Seems like Caron is ready to play, looks so much more confident. Doubting Chia will resign him. He's had a couple flashes but hasn't been all that great. Doesn't look like Horton will be back for the playoffs, but if he is does Pouliot become the scratch with Caron and Peverly in the lineup? Only thing is Claude seems to love him.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Thought you were going to have to change that sig line about four minutes into the second half yesterday. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I think Pouliot is one of those players thats gonna break out one year and score over 20 goals. I'm not saying he will be a consistent 20 goal scorer, but it just baffles me that this guy can't put it together for a full season. He has the talent. 

Hopefully he'll put it together in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Until yesterday, the whole fourth line was ripe for turnover.  Both Campbell and Paille are UFAs.  They have 9 forwards under contract already.  They won't be re-signing Rolston, I don't think, unless he goes Recchi and puts up some insane numbers down the stretch and then takes chicken feed.  So really, the question is what's going to happen with Campbell, Paille, and Kelly.  Caron looks like he's going to stick around at this point, and he's pulled ahead of Pouliot on CJ's chart if his current first line role is any indication.

There might be interest in guys like Campbell and Paille if they get to the market, but both Campbell and Paille have produced less this year than last, and if they get poached, I'd have assumed it was to play as a third liner.  Pouliot would be a poor replacement for Campbell or Kelly because he's not a C and he's not close to them in on-ice awareness.  Hamill would be a better replacement - and yes, I know what I just said.

The only guy who might create a vacancy for Pouliot to fill is Paille, and if I'm the Bruins, I'd match offers on Paille and let Pouliot walk - money better spent even if it means a little more of it.  There may be yet another team out there for Benny the Pou with a $1M offer and a shot at playing on the top two lines.

And all of that doesn't factor in a carrot for the prospects who might just need that little hint of hope to push for a spot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He hasn't scored 20 since junior - not the A, and certainly not in the NHL.  How he didn't score 20 the year he went from Minny to Mtl is a mystery, because he was on fire for the first couple of weeks, and in Hamilton shortly thereafter - and he couldn't score there either. 

All tools.  No toolbox.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Resign Pouliot....playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]He hasn't scored 20 since junior - not the A, and certainly not in the NHL.  How he didn't score 20 the year he went from Minny to Mtl is a mystery, because he was on fire for the first couple of weeks, and in Hamilton shortly thereafter - and he couldn't score there either.  All tools.  No toolbox.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that doesn't mean he will never do it. When you look around the NHL you notice plenty of guys with outlier seasons (like Brian Boyle scoring 20 last season).

it's not such a stretch either looking at his stats. maybe 25 goals is a better high end ceiling for him.

2009 (53 games played) 17 goals
    2010 (79 games played) 13 goals
    2011 (63 games played ) 10 goals

I'm not saying the Bruins should lock him up or shouldn't; I'm just noticing that he shows flashes of high end skill-- I would bet enough teams keep giving him a shot until he finally shines one season. People forget that he's only 25 years old. It's cynical to say his best days are behind him.

Sections
Shortcuts