Resigning the Blue Muppet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Resigning the Blue Muppet

I live in Leaf land and we've called Kaberle the Blue muppet for years.  do a side by side, its actually creepy!  Anyway, this is my first thread so i'll add some content to it aswell:

the assumption that PC did this because he knew he'd resign him and thats why he paid so much is ridiculous.  he's a ufa at the end of the season, he owes us nothing! Any backdoor conversations they had or didnt have during the negotiations would still apply in June! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Resigning the Blue Muppet

PC said they've already talked about it and it looks like it will happen.

Plus Boston was his first choice, said he wanted to stay in TO tho, but I don't see him resigning.

So I only see him signing somewhere else if someone way overpays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I THINK HE'S OVERPAID NOW!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

I wont pretend to understand the trade process but i was under the impression that until the trade is done you are not even aloud to look at the player.  do you think its like an insider trading type deal where its not official but you speak to him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

I hate and don't trust Burke. This is probably all a plan to get revenge on the Bruins for the Kessel trade. Watch the blue muppet resign with the Make Me Laughs....I mean Maple Leafs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Resigning the Blue Muppet:
    I wont pretend to understand the trade process but i was under the impression that until the trade is done you are not even aloud to look at the player.  do you think its like an insider trading type deal where its not official but you speak to him?
    Posted by Seabasshole

I don't know what the rules are exactly, but look at the Kessel trade.  He was signed immediately after he was traded to TO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

You can't officially sign a deal before you're traded. Teams all the time ask to talk to the player before the trade so they can workout a deal. I think Kaberle will sign in Boston. But who knows, if he does or doesn't I still love the trade. And Peverly is going to be a great pickup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You can't talk to the player...But if you think agents and their people aren't talking behind the scenes then you'd be neive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And I don't think they overpaid at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

He'll be resigned.  Right now he's worth 4M, if he helps Boston soar, he'll be in line for 5 or 6M.  Boston would be smart to lock him up now.  I'm sure they're trying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Kaberle clearly stated in his on-ice interview with NESN's Naoko Funayama that Boston was his choice to be dealt to.  He'll be resigned.  I wasn't a huge fan of getting Kaberle but watching how smooth he is with the puck is refreshing.  He also takes the puck-carrying load off of Chara or Seidenberg or whomever he's paired with.  I know we played the lowly Senators, but his movement on the PP last night was reminiscent of Savard but from the blueline.  I'm pleased with Chiarelli's decision and I'm sure he's talked with Kaberle's agent and he'll be resigned or extended.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Kaberle clearly stated in his on-ice interview with NESN's Naoko Funayama that Boston was his choice to be dealt to.  He'll be resigned.  I wasn't a huge fan of getting Kaberle but watching how smooth he is with the puck is refreshing.  He also takes the puck-carrying load off of Chara or Seidenberg or whomever he's paired with.  I know we played the lowly Senators, but his movement on the PP last night was reminiscent of Savard but from the blueline.  I'm pleased with Chiarelli's decision and I'm sure he's talked with Kaberle's agent and he'll be resigned or extended.
    Posted by huscroft28

And to top it all off, the guy hasn't even practised with the team yet & I thought he look really good out there last night.

No doubt, this guy will sign and he'll probably get it done before the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

PC has coveted Kaberle for quite some time , I'm sure he will get a deal done soon...He gave up a ton to get him, also encouraging, that Boston was TK's destination of choice. I know it was only one game but, under the circumstances , not being able to practice with the team, and rushing to get to Ottawa I thought he looked great out there! IMO , I think a kid like Kampfer is going to benefit greatly, by having Kaberle on the team. Kudos to PC, I think this deal is what the doctor ordered for the Bruin's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Resigning the Blue Muppet : And to top it all off, the guy hasn't even practised with the team yet & I thought he look really good out there last night. No doubt, this guy will sign and he'll probably get it done before the playoffs.
    Posted by Ronstar8

Solid point - a few good practices and Kaberle will lay that puck in Chara's wheelhouse and ... 105.9 m.p.h. 

I liked the defensive pairings last night - it seemed everyone was trying to move the puck up ice quickly with minimal passing back and forth behind the net ... which drives me crazy.  Cheers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Resigning the Blue Muppet : Solid point - a few good practices and Kaberle will lay that puck in Chara's wheelhouse and ... 105.9 m.p.h.  I liked the defensive pairings last night - it seemed everyone was trying to move the puck up ice quickly with minimal passing back and forth behind the net ... which drives me crazy.  Cheers.
    Posted by huscroft28

I absolutely agree on your point about the D pairings. I would not pair up Chara with Kaberle on the 5 on 5. I want that to be the killer combo for the PP.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What a difference in these comments since yesterday. All the doubters must still be sleeping. Chiarelli mentioned that he has talked, after the trade, with Rich Curran, Kaberle's agent. Curran has a reputation as one of the best to deal with .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I think Kaberle will re-sign with Boston for $4.5/year for 4 years.  That would bring him to 37 years old.  He's at $4.25 now.  He is realistically worth $4M for 3 years, but they'd have to give him a raise not to insult him and dangle that fourth year carrot.  I think its' worth it.  That 2nd round pick will be in the bottom fifth of that round (not a sure thing for certain as far as hitting on that pick).  The first we'll be giving up this year will be in the bottom 5th as well.  Chances are that pick will be a Rob Cimetta rather than a can't miss type.  And it goes without saying, by TOR giving him up, they could easily slip into the #4 or #3 slot (lottery not withstanding).  One thing you've got to give Chia and his staff credit for, they have been very successful in the draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Resigning the Blue Muppet:
    I live in Leaf land and we've called Kaberle the Blue muppet for years.  do a side by side, its actually creepy!  Anyway, this is my first thread so i'll add some content to it aswell: the assumption that PC did this because he knew he'd resign him and thats why he paid so much is ridiculous.  he's a ufa at the end of the season, he owes us nothing! Any backdoor conversations they had or didnt have during the negotiations would still apply in June! 
    Posted by Seabasshole

You and your friends have pet names for hockey players?  That's weird.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

it's black muppet from now on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

it's black muppet from now on.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Ugh.  I just realized something.  He's still Kaberle today and probably will be tomorrow.  It won't be long, however, before he starts being "Kabs" and "Kabbie" and "Kabber". 

Men who have pet names for other men give me the heebie-jeebies.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Resigning the Blue Muppet : Ugh.  I just realized something.  He's still Kaberle today and probably will be tomorrow.  It won't be long, however, before he starts being "Kabs" and "Kabbie" and "Kabber".  Men who have pet names for other men give me the heebie-jeebies.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Aw c'mon.Lighten up Nassie.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Resigning the Blue Muppet : Ugh.  I just realized something.  He's still Kaberle today and probably will be tomorrow.  It won't be long, however, before he starts being "Kabs" and "Kabbie" and "Kabber".  Men who have pet names for other men give me the heebie-jeebies.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

'T-Kabs' is my boy!

...just can't help it...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shorten it because you don't feel like typing it, fine.  NAS, Dez, Shupe, SanDog.  Fine.

It's when it crosses the line to friendly, affection names that gross me out. 

Nassie, S-Doggy, Mr. Shupe, Dezzer, Blue Muppet, Segzy

Back to P-Town you go (along with Kessel).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Shorten it because you don't feel like typing it, fine.  NAS, Dez, Shupe, SanDog.  Fine. It's when it crosses the line to friendly, affection names that gross me out.  Nassie, S-Doggy, Mr. Shupe, Dezzer, Blue Muppet, Segzy Back to P-Town you go (along with Kessel).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I won't care what the fans call him as long as we can call him a winner.Here's hoping.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Shorten it because you don't feel like typing it, fine.  NAS, Dez, Shupe, SanDog.  Fine. It's when it crosses the line to friendly, affection names that gross me out.  Nassie, S-Doggy, Mr. Shupe, Dezzer, Blue Muppet, Segzy Back to P-Town you go (along with Kessel).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I hear ya, Not-A-Shizzle.

-Fletchiepants

I think Segzy is the worst I've heard this year.  I could do without the frat house nicknames as well.

Sections
Shortcuts