Respect? None! From Boston Media?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Respect? None! From Boston Media?

Okay, Okay, enough with the Pens are gonna win tonight. The Bruins just beat them by an aggregate 9-1 on THEIR home ice. It's the fact that the Bruins match up extremely favorable to Pittsburgh. They completely disrupt their flow offensively  as well as exploit their deficiencies on defense. As a TEAM. That cannot be undone or re-taught in one day. If it had been the Pens up 2-0 they would give the Bs no chance. But for Pitt, it's pride etc etc. Pride doesn't get you past the Bs forechecking.  It doesn't get you back to your defensive responsibilities. It certainly doesn't turn your goalie into Patrick Roy. Enough. The Bs beat the Leafs the way they did because they started playing like they are now with 10 mins to go.  Pitt may win, but it won't be because of pride and reputation. It will be because the Bs messed up. That's the only way. These Boston reporters, man, they need to open their eyes. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Respect? None! From Boston Media?

What reporter is disrespecting the Bruins?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Felger. Hagerty. Mazz. Hell even during the change from sports night central to the pregame you hear, can the bruins beats the penguins tonight, not so sure.. I mean cmon. They say Pitt is gonna come out and scare at will tonight because they have to much pride. Whatever..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Felger. Hagerty. Mazz.

Who are 3 idiots who dont know sh#t on Boston sports. I will take Potourri for 200 Alex.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

[QUOTE]

Felger. Hagerty. Mazz.

Who are 3 idiots who dont know sh#t on Boston sports. I will take Potourri for 200 Alex.

[/QUOTE]

Oh dont get me wrong, but how are these guys still on the air? Really? They suck. They have no ability to comprehend anything. Tanguay is alright. But this is all I get out in Arizona lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I kinda like it.  This team seems to thrive on the fuel of doubters.  If everyone says "they're better than the Penguins!" I start to worry.

The Penguins are the favorites, the Penguins have better players, and more scoring, and Art Ross winners, and so on and so forth...

The Bruins are just trying to play with 'em and take their best shot.  Let's see how it works out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Kevin Paul Dupont keeps riding the pens like a horse. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I kinda like it.  This team seems to thrive on the fuel of doubters.  If everyone says "they're better than the Penguins!" I start to worry.

The Penguins are the favorites, the Penguins have better players, and more scoring, and Art Ross winners, and so on and so forth...

The Bruins are just trying to play with 'em and take their best shot.  Let's see how it works out.

Let the media say what they want. The problem it is a waste of time pointing it out because the media will say its not true and say they were taken out of sort. I agree with the Fletch 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Felger, Hagerty, Mazz....

Shouldn't be read for hockey they know nothing of it and should scribe anythiny but hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Kevin Paul Dupont keeps riding the pens like a horse. 

[/QUOTE]
    No kidding. And I don't believe the Pens are more talented. I think the Bs are. All around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

NEVER trust a man with three names.

ending threads since '07

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Pierre McGuire and Barry Melrose have jumped on the B's bandwagon.  Both have said the Bruins are awesome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

NEVER trust a man with three names.

ending threads since '07

Martin Luther King...?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Felger, Mass and Haggerty certainly know just about everything about Boston sports.

What's with this victim mentality?  Disrespect blah blah blah.  Tons of people expected (and still expect) the Penguins to win.  The media is more focused on the Penguins because that's how the media works.  National stories aren't about Krejci.  They are about Crosby.  That's how it goes.

As for the home guys disrespecting the B's, well, look at posts by fools like SoxinIL for what disrespct sounds like.  I don't think Felger, Mazz or Haggerty has said that the B's are gutless or choke artists.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Felger, Mass and Haggerty certainly know just about everything about Boston sports.

What's with this victim mentality?  Disrespect blah blah blah.  Tons of people expected (and still expect) the Penguins to win.  The media is more focused on the Penguins because that's how the media works.  National stories aren't about Krejci.  They are about Crosby.  That's how it goes.

As for the home guys disrespecting the B's, well, look at posts by fools like SoxinIL for what disrespct sounds like.  I don't think Felger, Mazz or Haggerty has said that the B's are gutless or choke artists.

Felger has called them choke artists.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In reality & I've been guilty of it myself. It is a form of whining to be complaining about sports media not giving your team any respect. If Boston continues to win & play they way they have been they'll earn it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

There's a marketing reason here too folks... wouldn't be good business if every series was a sweep. Gotta keep the folks interested (and paying.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Felger has called them choke artists.

Recently?  I doubt it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In reality & I've been guilty of it myself. It is a form of whining to be complaining about sports media not giving your team any respect. If Boston continues to win & play they way they have been they'll earn it.

Well I'm not whining. They are reporters. They should be held accountable for not knowing the subject they are covering. I don't want homers. I was scared of the Pens before the series. But what I've seen would give me no reason the believe the Pens have any chance at all minus a colossal screwup baby the Bs. That's the analysis. And it's not wrong. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Recently?  I doubt it.

Actually, it was recently.

I do like Felger however. I am probably one of the few on this board that does. He may not be the most knowledgable, but he is dedicated to talking hockey on the air. That is something I respect.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Recently?  I doubt it. 

Enough.  There isn't a reason even to use that phrase to describe this team recently.  They went down and came all the way back against the Leafs.  They dismantled the Rangers.  They're up 2-0 against Pittsburgh.  In what context would anyone who isn't a total deeeebag from Illinois refer to this team as chokers?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Recently?  I doubt it. 

Enough.  There isn't a reason even to use that phrase to describe this team recently.  They went down and came all the way back against the Leafs.  They dismantled the Rangers.  They're up 2-0 against Pittsburgh.  In what context would anyone who isn't a total deeeebag from Illinois refer to this team as chokers?

I believe he used the term after game 4 of the Rangers series. If I remember correctly, he said that the B's have a history of choking series away and pointed to the Toronto series and Philadelphia series as examples. He was saying that he wasn't as confident in the B's chances to wrap up the series in game 5 as others were after the way the B's played in game 4. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

I believe he used the term after game 4 of the Rangers series. If I remember correctly, he said that the B's have a history of choking series away and pointed to the Toronto series and Philadelphia series as examples. He was saying that he wasn't as confident in the B's chances to wrap up the series in game 5 as others were after the way the B's played in game 4. 

That's a lot different.  They did fail vs. Philly and almost got jettisoned by Toronto.  Lots of people weren't confident the B's would win Game 5.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Felger predicted a Game 7 vs. Rangers after the B's lost Game 4 to make it a 3-1 series

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

That's a lot different.  They did fail vs. Philly and almost got jettisoned by Toronto.  Lots of people weren't confident the B's would win Game 5.

It's not different. He explicitly called the Bruins chokers while making those comments. He was inferring it was almost gauranteed that the series would go beyond game 5 due to their nature as being 'chokers'.

Sections
Shortcuts