Rest?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Rest?

With the ridiculous schedule coming up the next week or so I'm thinking the B's should use that as an opportunity to rest a player here or there and give Kampfer, Hamill et. al. some work. They will not stay healthy all year and will need their depth eventually so why not get them some experience while resting key guys during a tough stretch? 

The only problems I see are that since they have been going so well, then why tamper with it and also that Kampfer's play this year has been just terrible so far. Nonetheless they will need him at some point. Hamill looked promising. I can see resting a Seguin or Peverly one game. Or do we just wait until the inevitable injuries pop up? Just some thoughts from a bored fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Rest?

Nah probably shouldn't tinker with it. Ride it out as long as you can. If the B's were 24 (or however many games they've played) and 0, I'd say bring up the whole Providence squad for 2 or 3 games. But they're not that far up in the standings to where they should get complacent and start resting teams. They gotta ride this hot streak as long as possible.

It isn't a bad idea, I just wouldn't go that route.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

you strike while the iron's hot....

there'll be plenty of time to rest when a playoff spot's locked up....

the only exception could be made for giving Tuukka an extra start once in awhile in order to keep Double T fresh for another run at Lord Stanley....  maybe also cut back Z-man's mins. although it'll be hard since he goes up against the opponent's top lines....

the youngsters will get their chances anyways because injuries are going to happen sooner or later....

but for now, i want to see the B'S put up as many points as possible in the bank....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Rest?:
    With the ridiculous schedule coming up the next week or so I'm thinking the B's should use that as an opportunity to rest a player here or there and give Kampfer, Hamill et. al. some work. They will not stay healthy all year and will need their depth eventually so why not get them some experience while resting key guys during a tough stretch?  The only problems I see are that since they have been going so well, then why tamper with it and also that Kampfer's play this year has been just terrible so far. Nonetheless they will need him at some point. Hamill looked promising. I can see resting a Seguin or Peverly one game. Or do we just wait until the inevitable injuries pop up? Just some thoughts from a bored fan.
    Posted by niftybear

20+ games in and they need a rest ? It would be precedent setting. No.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rest?:
    In Response to Rest? : 20+ games in and they need a rest ? It would be precedent setting. No.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Doesn't the league have rules against resting healthy players that are performing up to par? Fans pay to see the best team each franchise can ice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Rest?:
    With the ridiculous schedule coming up the next week or so I'm thinking the B's should use that as an opportunity to rest a player here or there and give Kampfer, Hamill et. al. some work. They will not stay healthy all year and will need their depth eventually so why not get them some experience while resting key guys during a tough stretch?  The only problems I see are that since they have been going so well, then why tamper with it and also that Kampfer's play this year has been just terrible so far. Nonetheless they will need him at some point. Hamill looked promising. I can see resting a Seguin or Peverly one game. Or do we just wait until the inevitable injuries pop up? Just some thoughts from a bored fan.
    Posted by niftybear

You're not serious.  Ridiculous schedule? For an Eastern Conference team? Give me a break!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Rest? : You're not serious.  Ridiculous schedule? For an Eastern Conference team? Give me a break!
    Posted by 49-North

What's ridiculous is you continuing to come here and post stupid drivel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Yeah, I guess it makes sense. If they had a big lead in the standings then a rest might work but they are just barely ahead of the competition so I guess they can't spare it. I just hate to see them have to play so many games with so few rest days right when things are going well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Rest? : You're not serious.  Ridiculous schedule? For an Eastern Conference team? Give me a break!
    Posted by 49-North

So you are saying Vancouver has a ridiculous schedule ? Give me a break !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

What I'm saying is that there is no comparison between the schedule, especially the travel, between teams in the East vs. the West.  Just using the Canucks as an example, they have to travel at least one time zone, just to play a road game against ANY division rival.  So, the difficulty of back to back games can vary considerably, depending upon the amount of travel involved between those games, particularly when they involve crossing time zones.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Vancouver has it the worst of all teams in terms of travel.  No doubt about it.  Oh well.....sux to be them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

What I'm saying is that there is no comparison between the schedule, especially the travel, between teams in the East vs. the West.  Just using the Canucks as an example, they have to travel at least one time zone, just to play a road game against ANY division rival.  So, the difficulty of back to back games can vary considerably, depending upon the amount of travel involved between those games, particularly when they involve crossing time zones.
    Posted by 49-North

they had the same schedule as the bruins in the playoffs...still didn't help them

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Players don't need rest. It's fun to play hockey. I would play every day if I could. I'm sure most NHL'ers are the same. The only reason they wouldn't play is because they were hurt. If you took Seguin or Peverley out of the lineup they would be pissed. You don't need rest from good healthy exercise playing an enjoyable past time.  Dez, I don't think there is a rule against not playing a player. The coach can play whoever he thinks is best for the team.  As far as Nifty's suggestion of playing Hamill, however, they can't recall Hamill on emergency basis unless someone is hurt so it would have to be a regular call-up. That means when he was done playing his few games he would have to clear waivers to go back down. For that reason we won't see Hamill for a while unless there is injury, he's playing incredible and/or someone else is playing poor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

First of all...Vancouver sucks.

Secondly, I wouldn't touch the roster until its needed.  I like being bored with all these wins!  Plus confidence is a tricky gal and can turn on you like a crazy chick with boiling pot of rabbit.

I wouldn't mess with it and especially considering the option on D is Kampfer.  Instant dose of poor play from 1 single member can alter a teams confidence in a hurry.

Sections
Shortcuts