Retaliation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Retaliation?

Will the B's take a stand against that goon Scott? If so who should it be?

If Scott starts his goonery again, I almost think that the captain has to step up and put an end to it. I understand Julien doesnt want anyone to have to lose time on the ice for him, and I agree. But if he continues the cheap play like last time, something HAS to be done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Retaliation?

Scott played a grand total of 1:38 last night vs. Islanders.  The Sabres like him on the bench.  With Thornton out of the lineup Scott may not even dress.

if he does, I would say Neely has a better chance of fighting him than Chara does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Win the game.  play bruins Hockey.   Know that kaleta and miller are 10 feet tall now in their minds.  Ott at home is gonna be annoying.  They will have a tough lineup dressed at home.  Scott will do his clown routine.  18 jerseys playing hard finishing checks and return the favor of a beating at home.  

I figure Lane will have to tangle with him.  Thats why hes there.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hang.  

Ruff loves playing him.  I would bet a pay cheque he plays against the bruins.  He did call a timeout to put him on the ice.  Its also a home and home.  To think this isnt gonna be a war is silly.  They are a tough team.  Lets see how the entire team responds.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't consider Kaleta and Ott tough just cheap shot artists. I also don't think playing Scott 2Mins per game is really playing a player. This game will get chippy at times becuase Kaleta and Ott will try to draw penalties, Lucic is the one who ususally is the one that doesn't stay diciplined but hopefully he can do it today.

Buffalo barley beat the Islanders last night and lost 3 straight after beating the Bruins so they are prime for another loss becuase they don't have the Bruins depth. If the Bruins were 100% healthy they would walk all over the Sabres but becuase they are not it will be a tight game probably.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

True shupe I would worry more about Kaleta and Ott than Scott though...I don't think any of the B's are stupid enough to engage with him.  However, if the scoreboard is tilted one way or the other and Ruff puts him out there to cause crap someone should go with him.  Just not Chara.  I would rather Lucic give it a go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Beat em on the scoreboard...

That will require hitting anything that moves for 60 minutes, not fighting. Hopefully they figured that one out by now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Only way i want chara fighting is if scott is taking runs at young guys.  

Kaleta is a rat.  I like Ott but hes a rat as well.  they will be in fine form at home.  Scott plays a lot more against the Bruins then any other team.  You know he is gonna get more then 150 of ice today.  Which is to our advantage.  

Its gonna be a war.  Home n homes usually are between non rivals.  This has the making for some good old hockey.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

C'mon, shupe - have you been paying attention for the last four years?  Has there been one game where we've been told it could become a bloodbath that has come anywhere close to living up to that hype?

The only way the Bruins are going to go after Scott is if he does something like go after Seguin.  Someone may have to go with him if Ott or Kaleta provoke something and he game gets stupid, but man, we are giving Scott way too much credit.  I've been making the same point Thornton made throughout this whole discussion - his job is to fight Scott (just as you say that job is Lane's in Thornton's absence) and in the last fight, he lost not because Scott did anything cheap our outside the scope of a fight.  He just got popped.  It happens.  It isn't cause to round up a lynch mob just because Thornton didn't win when doing his job, and it would make hockey fights that much more of a joke if every time the goon lost a fight, the rest of the players had to line up and fight.  Where does that story end?

Your first post starts bang on - play Bruins hockey.  Crush the Sabres with hits and grind them into the ground.  If Ott's running around, grab him and fight him.  If Scott comes calling after that, then it's Lane's world - though what should the Bruins do if he loses that fight?  My answer is - play Bruins hockey.  Hit the Sabres every chance they get.  Crowd Miller.

In other words, the fights should change nothing unless its to wake them up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Retaliation?  For what?  Beating up Thornton?  Scott did his job, as did Thornton.  Scott also took the edge off with his post-fight concern for Thornton's well being.

Hopefully, the B's avoid a preoccupation with Scott and focus on playing their game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Will the B's take a stand against that goon Scott? If so who should it be?

If Scott starts his goonery again, I almost think that the captain has to step up and put an end to it. I understand Julien doesnt want anyone to have to lose time on the ice for him, and I agree. But if he continues the cheap play like last time, something HAS to be done.

What goonery on that particular night? Scott did not run anybody that game. ST willfully engaged and got smoked. Yes -- Scott is a skilless goon by trade but if Thornton skated away thers no fight and no concussion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book.  

This is a home and home series.  If boston skate with tails between legs for 3 gms against the sabres i will be shocked.  The time out scott thing, the miller thing, the kaleta thing, the ott factor, 

So if this turns into a blood bath you will come back on and say you were wrong?   I havent really said much about the ST beat down.  Im talking about whos coming back into buffalos lineup. They didnt have kaleta and mccormick(honest player).  Kaleta was pumped by lucic last year.  Kaleta and Ott will make this back to back ugly.  

Ive watched the last 4 yrs.  montreal beat down.  They constantly target pk subban.  Or komisarek when he was there.  The brawling was good when the other guys had no one.  

buffalo has a pretty crazy fan base.  Buffalo Added all these guys bc they were embarassed by their response after the lucic hit on miller.  Which wa addressed the next game.  Kaleta was also taken down.   the bruins lost in bad fashion at home where not too many guys showed up.  

I will be shocked if this is a detroit vs edmonton style game.  

Boston better bring their snarl. Bloodbath is more then fights.  Its good old hard hitting, fighting and i hate you hockey.  These teams hate each other.  There is history.  But yes this should be a nice pickup game today.  I sure hope not.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS.  I didnt say in this blog they should target scott.  I said they should only go after him if he runs the young guys.  Basically the same as you.  when you put two bulls in the same ring something has to give.  This is much more then scott vs ST.  There is a lot of history between these clubs.  The only thing is now buffalo have some guys willing to fight.  Scott and Ott werent oart of this the last 3-4 seasons.  you sure youve been paying attention to this rivalry?

if this is a nice clean game i will be shocked and say i wad wrong.  Will you do the same?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Look, Ruff has the last change right ?  Let's see who he lines up Scott against . I just want the Bruins to play hard , hit them , even Scott . Have him run around looking for a fight that nobody will give him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Look, Ruff has the last change right ?  Let's see who he lines up Scott against . I just want the Bruins to play hard , hit them , even Scott . Have him run around looking for a fight that nobody will give him.

Ruff sent a msg in the mental war side of things the last game.   ruff finally has a semi hard nosed team.  He needs the 2 pts more then the blood bath.  But hes a moron.  I say its gonna get ugly.  Starting in warmup.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Exactly.  Too bad the Bruins don't have a more effective PP to deter any Sabres shite.  Miller hasn't exactly been a brick wall either. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comme 

Exactly.  Too bad the Bruins don't have a more effective PP to deter any Sabres shite.  Miller hasn't exactly been a brick wall either. 

spot on.  A blackhawk type pp and scott sits on the corner of the bench.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Scott's role is "don't run Miller".  The message was sent, now play hockey.  No retaliation needed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I think the team needs to worry more about Vanek than Scott. But if sh!t hits the fan it will be Chara taking on Scott as he does not have the size advantage. I do wonder if the cream puff Ruff will try to send Scott at Lucic though, Looch can hold his own and if he engages he better be ready and fight with emotion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Although it was only the Isles he did stop over 40 shots last night. The Sabres were outshot 43 to 15 or something like that and still won the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No marchand but ST is good to go.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Scott's role is "don't run Miller".  The message was sent, now play hockey.  No retaliation needed. 

I agree with this post. The Sabres took a lot of heat from their media and fans about their response to Lucic's hit last year. They finally responded, albeit about a year later.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

he lost not because Scott did anything cheap our outside the scope of a fight.  He just got popped.  It happens.  It isn't cause to round up a lynch mob just because Thornton didn't win when doing his job, and it would make hockey fights that much more of a joke if every time the goon lost a fight, the rest of the players had to line up and fight.  Where does that story end?

You're right.  But it's a little different because the Sabres signed those guys mainly with the Bruins in mind.  Then again, Thornton took the fight with that in mind already.  Maybe we should move on at this point.  But I don't know.  It's not really about retaliation for this one thing.  I just want to beat down Buffalo as a whole.  And John Scott is their biggest target.  Buffalo can always say we picked on the smaller players if we avoid him from here on out.  I'm fine either way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Although it was only the Isles he did stop over 40 shots last night. The Sabres were outshot 43 to 15 or something like that and still won the game.

You're right 50.  I was thinking in terms of Buffalo allowing more goals than any other team in the league with 43.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Scott's role is "don't run Miller".  The message was sent, now play hockey.  No retaliation needed. 

Agreed isla.  If one team's enforcer fights another club's then so be it.  I see it as equal value for equal value. 

Any talk of Chara vs Scott, Lucic vs Scott is advantage Buffalo all the way with them getting valuable Bruins off the ice for several minutes. 

Sections
Shortcuts