Revenge is a dish best served cold

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Revenge is a dish best served cold

12/5 Boston v. Pittsburgh

$100 bounty on Cooke's head.  I don't want the rest of him, just his head.

It's time someone cheap shotted him into oblivion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold

A $100 maybe in the 70s then Mibury would declare he would "fight anyone who got to the Hab before me", Jonathan and Wensink snicker then make faces at Mike. I'd like nothing more BadHab but then you would have the Canes game this season, Maurice chuckling after another PP goal.

Nope it will be a contentious hard fought game with Thornton skating around begging skaters to allow him to pull their jerseys over their head. I would much rather have Lucic or Boychuk nail Crosby on an open ice hit to make Pittsburgh take all the dumb penalties.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Why the anger? Last year the team won without Savard, who I still blame for that game 7 penalty against Philly in 2010.

To channel my inner NAS, I'd rather not see the clowns on skates against Pittsburgh or anyone else. Toughness is resiliency, not vendettas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XiTS8NjNao&feature=related

I prefer the "Ference on Halpern oops hit" like Kieth performed on Cooke. Then of course the sad act Penquin announcers Stegy n Erry try to put the spin on how #24 is an angel...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

the Matt Cooke ship has sailed. should have been handled right then and there, and it wasnt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Revenge is such an overused word in sports today. 

Matt Cooke bores me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

I object to the phrasing and the implication.

"Sustained"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whitewings. Show Whitewings's posts

Needless and stupid..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XiTS8NjNao&feature=related I prefer the "Ference on Halpern oops hit" like Kieth performed on Cooke. Then of course the sad act Penquin announcers Stegy n Erry try to put the spin on how #24 is an angel...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Don't get me started on Stegy and Errey. Awful. Awful. Awful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Needless and stupid..
    Posted by Whitewings[/QUOTE]
    You just read the minds of everyone who's ever read one of your posts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Revenge is a personal term not a team term.  In other words it is a motivator for an individual.  If a coach uses it today, some players will respond, others will find other motivators.  Now that is not complex now or in years past.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Maybe we should be worrying about the back-to-back division games we have next... with first place on the line (and erase that horrific start!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Good one Badhab, I wish he would get it every time he faces Boston for the rest of his career - he truly deserves it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Needless and stupid..
    Posted by Whitewings[/QUOTE]

And the more needless and stupid that gets done to Cooke the better.

For the rest of ya who don't agree with me, just go ahead and taking a flying f*#$ at a rolling donut.

The guy deserves exactly what he's given.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold : And the more needless and stupid that gets done to Cooke the better. For the rest of ya who don't agree with me, just go ahead and taking a flying f*#$ at a rolling donut. The guy deserves exactly what he's given.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    BH, you don't need any justification for hating Cooke. He's one of the few players in the league that I actually wish injury upon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I've thought about Matt Cooke a few times this season, and I think i've decided this: I can forgive anyone who realizes what he did was bad, and takes steps to change it. Even if he doesn't actually think what he did was bad and is merely trying to keep a job, it's still a success that the league put enough pressure on him to change his ways because only his ways can effect other people. Perhaps I'm a bit too libertarian, but it seems that Matt Cooke has adjusted his game and is no longer going around looking to cheap shot people, and therefore should be left alone.

Personally, I think the time to cheap shot him during the actual game. Someone should have run him from behind or broke a stick over his face. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's get by Montreal without any "revenge" on Subban, as the refs will be watching. Then go get the Pens, and play a solid game, letting the hits take care of any adverse shots. Every Bruins line has a solid core of toughness, as do the defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

I do not see the reason any reason to target Cooke. Refs and the league will be expecting something. They will not stand for anyone doing their job for them and extract unreasonable retalliation against the perptrator and the team.
    The best thing that can happen is put Marchand in his face on every shift and then everyplayer (but only if the opportunity presents itself) get in his legal hits and trash talk the moth*****ker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Let's put this in perspective; if the Sabres still hold a grudge next year on the hit and bring up some AHL goon to rumble with Lucic, then what will we think of the Sabres?
    The ship to get a legitimate crack at coming as close as possible to killing Cooke has sailed; we'll have to now settle with giving him 60 minutes worth of hell: clean hits, trash talk, and a potential a** whooping from #22 will have to suffice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]Let's put this in perspective; if the Sabres still hold a grudge next year on the hit and bring up some AHL goon to rumble with Lucic, then what will we think of the Sabres? The ship to get a legitimate crack at coming as close as possible to killing Cooke has sailed; we'll have to now settle with giving him 60 minutes worth of hell: clean hits, trash talk, and a potential a** whooping from #22 will have to suffice.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I'd prefer to see #33 throw him a massive beating though. Just let him unleash hell on his face.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I think about the Bertuzzi-Moore incident.  Bert was 'exacting revenge' for what was widely perceived as a head-shot by Moore against his good friend and linemate Naslund.  I'm sure Bert was thinking "this isn't over until I say it's over", and we all know what happened. 

I think teams need to think long and hard about "revenge", and whether it's worth it.  Isn't winning the best revenge? Didn't the Bruins get the best revenge of all?

Sections
Shortcuts