Revisiting the putrid PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Revisiting the putrid PP

Fifth in the NHL. 

Great job by Julien and co. for putting together the right combinations to have them where the PP is ...... as of today. 

Just wondering......... how'd that work out for the " fire Ward"  and "don't put Chara in front of the net" screamers ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Revisiting the putrid PP

Wow, you really have turned into a garbage poster.

Let me know when a team wins the Cup because it had a good powerplay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fifth in the NHL. 

Great job by Julien and co. for putting together the right combinations to have them where the PP is ...... as of today. 

Just wondering......... how'd that work out for the " fire Ward"  and "don't put Chara in front of the net" screamers ?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure that this makes a case against the "fire Ward" crew.  I'm glad it has finally turned around this year, but that doesn't change the fact that it was terrible for the last 4-5 years since Savard went down.  Last I checked being terrible at anything for that long is not acceptable for a coaching staff.

Is it good now because of Ward, or despite him?  I'd give the credit to the chance in personel.  No more defensive defensemen manning the point and taking shots from the blue line and missing the net

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

5th today could be 25th next month... let's see how it plays out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

New ingredients to the 2nd unit, Smith, Soderberg & Krug, woe alas much better soup. I like that both units have better movement and with the 5 on 5 play not being so great, because of injuries, I don't dread when the Bruins actually draw a penalty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

hey NAS - the last I checked, the idea is to be very good in all phases of the game ... 

having a dangerous power play unit makes other teams think twice about taking liberties with penalties because you make them pay on the scoreboard - even strong efforts that don't yield goals can generate momentum swings that can affect the outcome of games whereas weak man-advantages can be confidence deflating 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It is uncanny how good the young guys look on the PP.  Smith has been great.  Krug might already be the top PP D-man on the team, whether Chara is in front or not.  In the little PP time Hamilton gets, he looks good too -- nobody is a better at getting the shot through.  I guess the PP needed a bunch of rookies to straighten it out...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is uncanny how good the young guys look on the PP.  Smith has been great.  Krug might already be the top PP D-man on the team, whether Chara is in front or not.  In the little PP time Hamilton gets, he looks good too -- nobody is a better at getting the shot through.  I guess the PP needed a bunch of rookies to straighten it out...

[/QUOTE]

He definetly can thread the needle, a talent we haven't seen from the backend for a long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He definetly can thread the needle, a talent we haven't seen from the backend for a long time.

[/QUOTE]

You folks are a riot.

2 powerplay goals, no powerplay assists.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not talking about PP goals NAS, nopt me personally at least, but he does have a solid shot in terms of getting it through traffic, rather they're using him on the powerplay or not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Not talking about PP goals NAS, not me personally at least, but he does have a solid shot in terms of getting it through traffic, rather they're using him on the powerplay or not.

Me neither. 

I said, in what little we have seen, he's really good at getting his shots through.

Riot?

Crap sniper.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:[QUOTE] It is uncanny how good the young guys look on the PP.  Smith has been great.  Krug might already be the top PP D-man on the team, whether Chara is in front or not.  In the little PP time Hamilton gets, he looks good too -- nobody is a better at getting the shot through.  I guess the PP needed a bunch of rookies to straighten it out...[/QUOTE]

"or despite him?"

Answers that question!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not talking about PP goals NAS, not me personally at least, but he does have a solid shot in terms of getting it through traffic, rather they're using him on the powerplay or not.

[/QUOTE]

Me neither. 

I said, in what little we have seen, he's really good at getting his shots through.

Riot?

Crap sniper.

[/QUOTE]

Oh Jesus.

Let me backtrack then.

His shots get through.  Will someone please inform me of the benefit to this?  His shots rarely lead to goals and haven't earned an assist all year.

I'm praying for Hamilton to progress like planned an eventually take over the #1 slot for Chara.  I really hope he can.  Lofting softies from the point that rarely turn into anything isn't going to be a point of focus in development for me, however.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh Jesus.

Let me backtrack then.

His shots get through.  Will someone please inform me of the benefit to this?  His shots rarely lead to goals and haven't earned an assist all year.

I'm praying for Hamilton to progress like planned an eventually take over the #1 slot for Chara.  I really hope he can.  Lofting softies from the point that rarely turn into anything isn't going to be a point of focus in development for me, however.

[/QUOTE]

His game doesn't register on the stat sheet much, and I haven't noticed a great effectiveness with his shots. What I have noticed is his puck possession skills when manning the point on the PP. Walking the blue line, batting the puck down, and simple distribution of the puck, hopefully allowing for other players to cash in a few passes later.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Oh Jesus.

Let me backtrack then.

Oh come on, for years we've watched the D-men clank their shots off of the defenders in front of them, or miss the net all together.  

I truly, honestly think Hamilton is better than the others are getting his shots on the net.

I'm not expecting this year's PP to be drastically different than last year's but Krug and Hamilton both look good out there to me.  Krug seems to move so well that he gets his one-timer chances in shooting lanes.  He passes well too and skates well enough to carry the puck into the zone.  Hamilton seems to get shots through and on net.  I think it has been refreshing.  I think the PP is better.

Beyond that though, I would share your caution in saying that neither the PP nor Hamilton is some new phenomenon that will put them over the top.

Improvement though.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Oh come on, for years we've watched the D-men clank their shots off of the defenders in front of them, or miss the net all together. "

The difference between two, three, four years ago and now is night n day. Watching Hamilton and Krug actually getting pucks through instead of Seidenberg, Corvo, Wideman and even Chara at times, not get pucks through, is drastically different and much, much better today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm with the getting better folks. The biggest change is that Hamilton, Krug, and lately McQ are aiming better, with strong wrist shots, rather than the whale away slappers that end up bouncing anywhere but into the goal. It also enables those players in front of the net to redirect more effectively, and avoid injury.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You always were.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You folks are a riot.

2 powerplay goals, no powerplay assists.

[/QUOTE]

Great 2 goals !

By your standards he has nothing to prove . He has found the back of the net ( screw the assists )...........unlike Spooner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You always were.

[/QUOTE]

What's your deal, man?  You disappear for half a year and when you return, you are Pauly1 2.0.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chappy28's comment:

Is it good now because of Ward, or despite him? 

[/QUOTE]

The same idea about Julien was posted on here after they won the cup.

It sounds as stupid this time around as it did back then.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

At one point I was calling for CJ's head.

Doubting Ward, you can still call me one of those.

Chara in front, not a bad idea.

All in all Bruins management have proven themselves smarter than me.  Surprise!  That's one of the thousands upons thousands of reasons they are where they are and I am where I am.

At least I admit it, not like Rusty Marco and Stanley who still claim their smarter despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I like the Bruins PP now, I don't care if the stats say it's 5th or 29th or 5th best in the AHL, it sure looks like a potential goal unlike other years.  For entertainment value it's turned around 180 degrees.

I like Hamilton on the PP, I don't care what the stats say, he is a threat on the PP and so what if the numbers aren't showing up now.  With that kind of play he eventually will.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

What's your deal, man?  You disappear for half a year and when you return, you are Pauly1 2.0.

[/QUOTE]

Chowda is a good poster.

We need more of that, especially with Rusty, Stanley and Marco polluting the scene here.

Yes, he can be confrontational, but so aren't you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

yeah who thinks it's better to get a puck through the maze of bodies, potentially get a tip, potentially get a fortuitous bounce off the end boards, at the very least keep the puck in the zone and tire out the pk..., rather than bouncing the puck off a defender's shins and skating back into your own zone to collect the puck and then try a wraparound that doesn't work so that you can then go back and collect the puck again and hit the defender's shins one more time before the power play is up. 

who would think the new option (the former) would be better, on its face? 

ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh. doctor says you won't get so many nose bleeds if you keep your finger out of there

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Chowda is a good poster.

We need more of that, especially with Rusty, Stanley and Marco polluting the scene here.

Yes, he can be confrontational, but so aren't you.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty:  Knows jack

Stanley:  Tries but fails

Marco:  12 year old

Chowda:  Every post is dick-ish now.  Hasn't had a quality contribution since before his hiatus. 

Sections
Shortcuts