RFAs At Risk - Toronto Star

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: RFAs At Risk - Toronto Star

$7M seems high but I would hate to lose Rask... but I would also hate to not get a legit top 6 forward to replace Horton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I didn't use hypotheticals. I used math which proved that Rask played every bit as well as Thomas yet without the benefit of goal support. You're asking me to pretend that Rask lost in round one. He didn't.

I don't know how you do it.  I'd rather argue with Rusty than Objective Shupe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

I didn't use hypotheticals. I used math which proved that Rask played every bit as well as Thomas yet without the benefit of goal support. You're asking me to pretend that Rask lost in round one. He didn't.

I don't know how you do it.  I'd rather argue with Rusty than Objective Shupe.

[/QUOTE]

I've been doing a lot of reading lately (lying, it's an audio book) on critical thinking so I find his views to be helpful to me in my attempts to apply my learnings to my everyday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Shupe, I agree with alot of what you said. Just for the record, I think 7 million is too high for the body of work he has. I felt the same with Price when he signed his, and you know how I'm a big fan of his. But this is what goalies are getting. I see Rinne getting 7 million and Quick getting 5.8 the year after a Conn Smyth and a Cup. Thats a huge difference in a cap world, especially this year.
    I personally think, going forward, nobody should be paid higher than Bergeron/Chara, but goaltenders are what they are.

I think Rask if he signs for 6-8 years should 6 million per. By then od that deal, if he plays the way he did this postseason, it'll probably be a bargain the way their salaries are going and cap projections going up. 5 years or less I could live with 6.5....if a team comes in with an offer sheet of anything 7 million or over, I would take the picks and walk.

I think 7 years/42 million sounds about right.

Also, everything you said about Crawford is true. I just think Rask is the better goalie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Shupe, I agree with alot of what you said. Just for the record, I think 7 million is too high for the body of work he has. I felt the same with Price when he signed his, and you know how I'm a big fan of his. But this is what goalies are getting. I see Rinne getting 7 million and Quick getting 5.8 the year after a Conn Smyth and a Cup. Thats a huge difference in a cap world, especially this year.
    I personally think, going forward, nobody should be paid higher than Bergeron/Chara, but goaltenders are what they are.

I think Rask if he signs for 6-8 years should 6 million per. By then od that deal, if he plays the way he did this postseason, it'll probably be a bargain the way their salaries are going and cap projections going up. 5 years or less I could live with 6.5....if a team comes in with an offer sheet of anything 7 million or over, I would take the picks and walk.

Also, everything you said about Crawford is true. I just think Rask is the better goalie.

Who on here thinks rask is better then quick?   Quick is the best goalie on the planet, just won conn and cup.  Signs great deal.  Rask does not deserve more then quick.  

i want him signed long term.  I just think next year should be more in the mid 5m.  2m dollar raise.  

Anyway.  i do want him signed.  Just not for 7m.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Who on here thinks rask is better then quick?   Quick is the best goalie on the planet, just won conn and cup.  Signs great deal.  Rask does not deserve more then quick.  

i want him signed long term.  I just think next year should be more in the mid 5m.  2m dollar raise.  

[/QUOTE]

Quick signed a year ago....  and like everything else, prices go up....

plus Quick signed on for ten years....  would've probably got more per on a shorter term....

and why would Tuukka accept less than what guys like Smith and Bobrovsky signed for of late?....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Quick signed a year ago....  and like everything else, prices go up....

plus Quick signed on for ten years....  would've probably got more per on a shorter term....

and why would Tuukka accept less than what guys like Smith and Bobrovsky signed for of late?....

[/QUOTE]

Prices go down with the cap I thought.  
    Why should he get more?   Bobrovsky deal is just stupid.  Plays a lockout season wins vezina and boom huge payday.  lets keep tabs on his play.   As for smith his run a year ago was unreal.  He saw more puck im willing to bet in 3 rouds then rask did in 4.   He also has been a starter for a few yrs.  i dont think rask has done more then either guy.  

No more from me on this until the deal is done.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rask accepted the "Prove It" short deal.  He proved it.

Subban is a totally different story.  He's full of skill and issues.

Rask is total pro and very few teams have better options at net.

Someone would give him an offer sheet on July 5th without question.  Gotta get it done beforehand.

What did he prove?  That he can play goal on a stanley cup cal. team.  If he is worth 7m what is crawford worth with his 85-45 w/l record and starter for 3 yrs and a cup ring?  NAS i think rask is a very good goalie.  There is zero chance he should be our highest paid player after a lockout shortened year.  Rask is a total pro but he sure likes to make his dmen look bad on a mistake.  

someone is pretty limited.  In fact very limited.  I cant name many teams willing to surrender 1st round picks for him.  If he truly means what he says about being a bruin for life i doubt he should be ok with a gradual raise in pay.  If in 2 yrs time he wants the 7 million fine i can live with that bc at least then he would be a starter for more then 20+ gms after backing up TT.  

lets have a look

ducks? Nope likely will deal one, buffalo? Nope likely dealing one, calgary? Yup, please do so Lottery team for yrs to come, carolina? Nope, chicago?, nope, avs? possible with new guys there, columbus? Nope- signed their own dumb deal based on one year.  Dallas? Nope, detroit? Nope, edmonton? Yup possible, also a place no one wants to play in bc its a hole.  Panthers? sure, but they have a young guy there and also a lottery team, kings, nope, minny, nope, habs, nope, nash, nope, nj, nope, nyi, yes, nyr, nope, ottawa, nope, philly, possible but cant see it happening bc they have no money, yotes, nope pitt nope, sj nope, stl possible but they have inhouse options they may deal, tbay, nope leafs, nope, van nope, caps nope, winnipeg, nope

calgary, edmonton, nyi, avs, panthers, maybe philly/st l.  

If any of those teams wanna throw 3 1st rounders our way i say let him walk.  I would say edm cal and nyi as most logical.  nyi i would fear the most.  

I personally think rask hasnt done enough to get a 7m pay day.  not even close.  would your mind be changed had he lost in gm 7 against the leafs?   He definitely didnt look great in gm 7.  

[/QUOTE]

great post

GOAT!!!

Sections
Shortcuts