Rich Peverley is a shadow of himself...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

Rich Peverley is a shadow of himself...

What happened to the Peverley of 2011?  Has he maxed out and on the decline?  I sure hope not cause I like him and hope he rebounds.  How old is he?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Rich Peverley is a shadow of himself...

I have no idea what's wrong with him. At his best he's a 60-point type guy.  He's not playing that way at all, though he seems to skate just as well.  Something in his head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya, he is struggling a little....Also, its not like him to take the penalties he did in the last game. Very uncharacteristic, but it happens sometimes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think he one of his better games in game 2. I'm pulling for him cause if he doesn't start producing he will be a buyout canidate this summer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Pevs has not had a good year, particularly losing Kelly for a stretch, and having the "Bourque experiment" filling out the 3rd line, or actually confusing the 3rd line. With Seguin, the 3rd line is improving in both ends, and is contributing to containing the bigger guys on the Rangers.  Would love to see Pevs pot a few to suprise Lundquist.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think he one of his better games in game 2. I'm pulling for him cause if he doesn't start producing he will be a buyout canidate this summer.

Does he have no trade value?  Same with Kelly, have these guys fallen such that it makes it close to impossible to trade them?

http://capgeek.com/comparables/?player_id=345&year_id=2012

http://capgeek.com/comparables/?player_id=414&year_id=2012

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

to the right team, yes they could be traded. Both have NTCs, Peverleys is limited to 15 teams I believe, Kellys is full. I could see peverley going to a team like the islanders for a low pick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

to the right team, yes they could be traded. Both have NTCs, Peverleys is limited to 15 teams I believe, Kellys is full. I could see peverley going to a team like the islanders for a low pick

WOW! I totally didn't remember that they both had NTC, they are looking like bad signings right now, but we all know that things can change quickly.  Right now the B's are paying $6.25 for penalty killers with Kelly being a good locker room guy that is good on the draw and Peverley is a fast skater that can hit the high glass.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

3.25M cap hit for next year.  I dont think his NTC is relevant considering that he isnt worth his cap hit (right now).

Buyout candidate for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Its a good thing Peverley was just a throw in in the Boris Valabik deal.

Take him out and give Soderberg a shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Kelly did have a pretty serious injury.  Most times it takes a lot longer than when they declared fit to play to get back to 100%.

Does he have no trade value?  Same with Kelly, have these guys fallen such that it makes it close to impossible to trade them?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Kelly did have a pretty serious injury.  Most times it takes a lot longer than when they declared fit to play to get back to 100%.

Kelly was struggling before his injury too, but that may have just been being stuck with Peverley and Bourque.

Of the two, I don't think Kelly gets moved; I also think he would be hard to move.  To a team looking for a veteran forward that has lots of speed, good PK skills, and has shown (in the past) that he can play with skill players, Peverley should be an acceptable risk, even at $3.25M. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like him, he has struggled this year. Didnt help that the left wing on his line was a revolving door to start with then Kelly went down. He can erase all of it with a couple big goals.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Kelly was struggling before his injury too, but that may have just been being stuck with Peverley and Bourque.

Of the two, I don't think Kelly gets moved; I also think he would be hard to move.  To a team looking for a veteran forward that has lots of speed, good PK skills, and has show (in the past) that he can play with skill players, Peverley should be an acceptable risk, even at $3.25M. 

entire the islanders. cap room not an issue, young team that could use a vet with a ring. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Of the two, I don't think Kelly gets moved; I also think he would be hard to move.  To a team looking for a veteran forward that has lots of speed, good PK skills, and has shown (in the past) that he can play with skill players, Peverley should be an acceptable risk, even at $3.25M. 

Are you kidding me ???  I wouldnt even pay $500,000 for Pev ...he is useless and he is wasting a roster spot ...mattymcgee55. Repeated what I have been praying for ..Bench him and play Soderberg....believe me it cant be worst than the flying mosquito

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

The problem Mean is that every GM is going think "Why do a want a player that has $6M left on his contract and was waived a few years ago."

PC might have to eat this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to salsa-kid's comment:

What happened to the Peverley of 2011?  Has he maxed out and on the decline?  I sure hope not cause I like him and hope he rebounds.  How old is he?

what do you think the Rangers fans are saying about Brad Richards ? oh my goodness what a stiff he turned out to be.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to mattymcgee55's comment:

I don't understand why the Bruins management hasn't pulled the trigger something like this. Peverley and Kelly's ineffectiveness is painfully obvious. If you assume the 4th line will come down to earth, you must get more scoring out of the second/third line. Unless there is a major upset, we'll be playing the Penguins in the conference finals. In a series against a team with that much firepower, things could get out of hand on the scoreboard and I highly doubt we'll come out on top without significant contributions from the second and third line.

Teams that are not hitting on all cylinders just dont win Stanley Cups.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Its a good thing Peverley was just a throw in in the Boris Valabik deal.

I hear ya, but I don't think you change a winning line up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

I don't understand why the Bruins management hasn't pulled the trigger something like this. Peverley and Kelly's ineffectiveness is painfully obvious. If you assume the 4th line will come down to earth, you must get more scoring out of the second/third line. Unless there is a major upset, we'll be playing the Penguins in the conference finals. In a series against a team with that much firepower, things could get out of hand on the scoreboard and I highly doubt we'll come out on top without significant contributions from the second and third line.

Teams that are not hitting on all cylinders just dont win Stanley Cups.

Right, teams that don't have 3 lines firing are in trouble. The Bs have 3 lines firing right now. Does it really matter that it's the 4th line producing and not the 3rd line?

Doesn't to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Bruins need more out of that 3rd line regardless. Obviously the 4th line was huge last night but it isn't as though thats a given. Havent generated much offense all season and were badly outplayed last year by the Caps 4th line.  Bruins need something from that 3rd line and I think Peverley is the weakest of that group as it stands.  Seguin up to the 2nd, Soderberg- Kelly- Jagr your 3rd line.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Bruins need more out of that 3rd line regardless. Obviously the 4th line was huge last night but it isn't as though thats a given. Havent generated much offense all season and were badly outplayed last year by the Caps 4th line.  Bruins need something from that 3rd line and I think Peverley is the weakest of that group as it stands.  Seguin up to the 2nd, Soderberg- Kelly- Jagr your 3rd line.

Or Jagr with Seguin on the 3rd line with Kelly (Peverly with Bergeron /Marchand). The main point being that the 3rd line should not have 2 non-goal scorers (Peverley/Kelly).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Page 1. You're winning, you don't change your socks.

Sections
Shortcuts