Rich Peverly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Rich Peverly

Scary stuff.  Good for them to be where they are (NHL).  That happens in beer league from time to time and you can go ahead and schedule the funeral.

Relieved he's okay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Good to read he was talking and even wanted to go back out, but I'm not so sure he's okay. I wouldnt mess around with heart issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

So glad he's ok. Hopefully he gets well enough that he can finish his career.

I don't want to stir the pot, but I'm gonna because it's very strange and noticeable. During pregame I saw Horton and Perverly having a chuckle. After the incident I saw Horton talking to Benn, Whitney, Fiddler, Cole, Ruff and Thomas. He was 2 ft away from Seguin on at least 3 different occasions and there wasn't as much as a head nod. Could there be some truth to some of the stories we heard  between those 2? 

Go back to the video and you will see both talking at some point.....on the Dallas feed, you see Tim Thomas with his head down then seconds later the camera goes to the bench area and you see Seguin & Horton together exchanging words.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Scary stuff.  Good for them to be where they are (NHL).  That happens in beer league from time to time and you can go ahead and schedule the funeral.

Relieved he's okay.

[/QUOTE]
    Yea, I never had a heart attack Fletch, but I thought I was having a stroke last yr after I collapsed on the ice. They called the ambulance and gave me the nitro, over nite stay and lots of test. Discovered I have sarcoidosis on my lungs. But, when the slurred speech kicked in. That's when I thought. "She's all over!" 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to riptide757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So glad Peverly is ok. He's an awesome hockey player and a member of the Bruins family Always. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

[/QUOTE]

God bless him I wish him well but please guys dont say stupid things like that (awesome hockey player) give me a break please ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Relieved he's okay.

[/QUOTE]
    Yea, I never had a heart attack Fletch, but I thought I was having a stroke last yr after I collapsed on the ice. They called the ambulance and gave me the nitro, over nite stay and lots of test. Discovered I have sarcoidosis on my lungs. But, when the slurred speech kicked in. That's when I thought. "She's all over!" 

[/QUOTE]

Can't imagine what went through your mind, nite or Peverly's for that matter.  I'd have filled my drawers. Here's to a full recovery for Peverly. You, too.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So glad Peverly is ok. He's an awesome hockey player and a member of the Bruins family Always. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

[/QUOTE]

God bless him I wish him well but please guys dont say stupid things like that (awesome hockey player) give me a break please ...

[/QUOTE]

Really? I know were supposed to treat you with kids gloves, because your "special", but don't bring up your nonsence at a time like this.

Peverley has played over 500 games in the NHL, with 262 points.

I bet you didn't even remember that in the 1st round loss to Washington 2 years ago, he was the bruins' leading scorer, both in goals and points.

He was also a big contributer to the Bruins winning the Cup.

He was an awesome performer for his first 2 years in Boston, and deservers yours, and everyone else's respect and gratitude.

Best wishes, Rich.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really? I know were supposed to treat you with kids gloves, because your "special", but don't bring up your nonsence at a time like this.

Peverley has played over 500 games in the NHL, with 262 points.

I bet you didn't even remember that in the 1st round loss to Washington 2 years ago, he was the bruins' leading scorer, both in goals and points.

He was also a big contributer to the Bruins winning the Cup.

He was an awesome performer for his first 2 years in Boston, and deservers yours, and everyone else's respect and gratitude.

Best wishes, Rich.

[/QUOTE]

WORD!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this is why you suck. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Best wishes, Rich.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Scary stuff but good to see Peverley seems OK. Must have been quite a dramatic moment. It does make you wonder how this will affect his career though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are a giant piece of s*it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Best wishes to Rich Peverley.  Good team guy.  I can't imagine that he'll play in the NHL again this season, if ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this is why you suck. 

[/QUOTE]

This is just as inappropriate - you got a real problem kid

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Scary stuff indeed.

Jiri Fischer, Freddy Meyers on the ice, Ondrej Pavelec and the late Alexei Cherepanov.

On a personal note it happened to me while I was on the bench also. Heard a buzzing sound............felt myself losing conciousness............woke up slumped forward with my head up against the inside of the boards holding me up.

It was pickup hockey and I was the only guy on the bench. Nobody noticed.

Scared the crap out of me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Peverley played his college days near me so I hold him in a bit higher regard than most. I have ignored Stanley's fanboy criticisms about Peverley for years because he is entitled to them but last night's comment will not go without response.

Rich Peverley was a point-a-game player at a Division I college program that named him its captain. He signed a two-year NHL deal following a camp invite and has since played more than seven years in The Show. He has made almost $11 million playing in the NHL. He has scored more than 20 goals in a single season in what is regarded as the greatest hockey league in the world. His name is on the Stanley Cup under a team that waged its Finals comeback with him positioned as the first line right wing.

Less than 1% of all Canadian hockey players, let alone those across North America and the world make it to The Show. To say that Rich Peverley is anything less than an awesome hockey player shows the lack of grasp that you have on the sport.

NHL guys whom we regard as the least skilled - guys like Scott, Bisnasty, Carnker, etc. - would dominate a beer league game where us average players toil away. Carnker, just for example, spent more than eight years in the AHL trying to make it. He has since earned almost $5.5 million as an NHL player. I consider him to be an exceptional player. Take in an AHL game sometime. Theose guys are great. It doesn't take a pro-level scout to see the gulf that is the talent disparity between that league and the NHL and most of us have never even played with a guy that made it to the A-level.

If you haven't already Stanley - or anyone else here - read Bobby Orr's book and pay attention where he weighs-in on the state of today's minor hockey leagues. He points out that the overwhelming majority of us are average. That's the definition. Guys that get the opportunity to playe collegiate hockey, juniors and in minor leagues are very, very good. Guys that make it to The Show are exceptional. Guys who have a seven-plus-year career are even better. Guys with a resume like Rich Peverley are nothing short of awesome.

I feel sorry for you that fandom clouded your judgement on a day when an awesome hockey player's heart stopped while he was wearing skates and had an NHL logo on his chest. I hope you find clarity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I'm glad he is going to be ok and out of danger. I can't imagine him playing again but the most important thing is that he alive and well relatively speaking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

best wishes to a fellow St Lawrence alum.......I didn't get to see him play there but to make it to the NHL is a true accomplishment

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Not because a guy has a physical problem that we are going to lie about him ....he had some ok years with the B's thats about it ....his last season with us he really sucked please guys just tell the truth ...

its like when a guy dies ...everybody saying oh he was such a nice guy and blah blah blah ...if the guy was not such a nice guy why lie because he past away ??

take me as an example ...some of you always insult me ...if I pass away and you find out are the same guys that were treating me like s....t will say oh I miss Stanley he was such a nice guy ??  

Pev might be a good team player and a nice guy but in my book as a hockey player other than 2011 ...he sucks...I still wish he recovers and wish him well but I am not going to lie about his hockey talent ....sorry about that but I am not a liar....so again give me a freakin break about Pev being an awesome hockey player...PERIOD

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bsfannny's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Peverley played his college days near me so I hold him in a bit higher regard than most. I have ignored Stanley's fanboy criticisms about Peverley for years because he is entitled to them but last night's comment will not go without response.

Rich Peverley was a point-a-game player at a Division I college program that named him its captain. He signed a two-year NHL deal following a camp invite and has since played more than seven years in The Show. He has made almost $11 million playing in the NHL. He has scored more than 20 goals in a single season in what is regarded as the greatest hockey league in the world. His name is on the Stanley Cup under a team that waged its Finals comeback with him positioned as the first line right wing.

Less than 1% of all Canadian hockey players, let alone those across North America and the world make it to The Show. To say that Rich Peverley is anything less than an awesome hockey player shows the lack of grasp that you have on the sport.

NHL guys whom we regard as the least skilled - guys like Scott, Bisnasty, Carnker, etc. - would dominate a beer league game where us average players toil away. Carnker, just for example, spent more than eight years in the AHL trying to make it. He has since earned almost $5.5 million as an NHL player. I consider him to be an exceptional player. Take in an AHL game sometime. Theose guys are great. It doesn't take a pro-level scout to see the gulf that is the talent disparity between that league and the NHL and most of us have never even played with a guy that made it to the A-level.

If you haven't already Stanley - or anyone else here - read Bobby Orr's book and pay attention where he weighs-in on the state of today's minor hockey leagues. He points out that the overwhelming majority of us are average. That's the definition. Guys that get the opportunity to playe collegiate hockey, juniors and in minor leagues are very, very good. Guys that make it to The Show are exceptional. Guys who have a seven-plus-year career are even better. Guys with a resume like Rich Peverley are nothing short of awesome.

I feel sorry for you that fandom clouded your judgement on a day when an awesome hockey player's heart stopped while he was wearing skates and had an NHL logo on his chest. I hope you find clarity.

[/QUOTE]

No mean to be rude ...and no lack of respect ..yes if you make it to the NHL you are way above the majority of hockey players ..but you got my point ...if I am a GM behind close doors I dont want a guy like that on my team ...Pev has been lucky to be traded to the Bruins otherwise his chances to win the Cup would have been 0... He had good playoffs in 2011 and the buck stops in 2011 ....Good luck to him for the rest of his life .....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This is one of those occasions where "scary" is exactly the right word.  Get well, Peverley.

That he wanted to know how much time was left when he came to?  Absolute gold.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Rich Peverly was a good all around play, versitial. He could play wing or center. A smart savy playmaker and good faceoff guy. He played on our 3rd line and was excellant in his role. A Bruin player for sure. Stanley you crack me up sometimes but the reason for this thread is not about what type of player he is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rich Peverly was a good all around play, versitial. He could play wing or center. A smart savy playmaker and good faceoff guy. He played on our 3rd line and was excellant in his role. A Bruin player for sure. Stanley you crack me up sometimes but the reason for this thread is not about what type of player he is.

[/QUOTE]

Indeed scary moments ...and all my prayers go to him and his family ...I am a human being and I hope he recovers fully from this ....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

Not because a guy has a physical problem that we are going to lie about him ....he had some ok years with the B's thats about it ....his last season with us he really sucked please guys just tell the truth ...

its like when a guy dies ...everybody saying oh he was such a nice guy and blah blah blah ...if the guy was not such a nice guy why lie because he past away ??

take me as an example ...some of you always insult me ...if I pass away and you find out are the same guys that were treating me like s....t will say oh I miss Stanley he was such a nice guy ??  

Pev might be a good team player and a nice guy but in my book as a hockey player other than 2011 ...he sucks...I still wish he recovers and wish him well but I am not going to lie about his hockey talent ....sorry about that but I am not a liar....so again give me a freakin break about Pev being an awesome hockey player...PERIOD

[/QUOTE]

Stanley please just give it a rest. Please.

Best wishes to Rich and his family.