Richards a healthy scratch for Gm 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Richards a healthy scratch for Gm 5

Don't know if this is a good or bad thing....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=423824

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Richards a healthy scratch for Gm 5

A $666,666,67 healthy scratch - yeah, that Sather's a genius.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Torts is a moron.  He will be fired in a week. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

OUCH.....Gotta be great for the confidence going forward, being a Ranger. He'll have all summer to think about it. LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Richards a healthy scratch for Gm 4

whoops, game 4.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Waiting for a "he stinks" comment to come from the NYR camp...

BBB

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Coach suicide?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Coach suicide?

Or a case of Kaspar-itis?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

This is just plain dumb. Troubles or not, he's not the worst forward they have and still has tremendous upside. Sitting a vet like Richards isn't going to motivate anyone to do better...they're simply learning that their coach doesn't have their back. Torts needs to go. I wouldn't be surprised if they absolutely mail it in tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I could see both not being with the Rangers next season. Richards should be able to get a nice return.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I could see both not being with the Rangers next season. Richards should be able to get a nice return.

To TO for Bozak, Gunnarson, and a pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Interesting since Richards chose New York in order to play for Torts. Could be a smoke screen by Torts because who does he have to replace Richards skill and experience ? On a different subject , just read where Boyle was upset in game 3 because he lost so many faceoffs, was that against Peverly ? who so many are ready to give away ? Or did Torts line him up against Bergeron intending to let his size help New york ? Glad to see all these uncomfortable issues clouding the Rangers'  ice, as the B's get ready for game 4.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Is he a compliance buy-out candidate? someone was writing that it would be ~25 million bucks. WOW.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I could see a buyout happening before a trade. Who would trade for that contract ? It's as "bad" as Luongo's .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I could see a buyout happening before a trade. Who would trade for that contract ? It's as "bad" as Luongo's .

See Scott Gomez to Montreal for proof that it can indeed happen. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Pierre Gauthier will not be hired as GM by any team soon.

Edit: ...........or was it Gainey ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I am now replying to and answering my own questions to my own posts.

Bob Gainey.

P.S. Badhab, please send help. Know any good doctors ? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Pierre Gauthier will not be hired as GM by any team soon.

Edit: ...........or was it Gainey ?

Honestly I can't recall right away either but the point remains the same. As unlikely as it may be, I could still see some team or another feeling like they could get the old Brad Richards back with just a change of scenery. He only stopped being a point a game player since becoming a Ranger. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Honestly I can't recall right away either but the point remains the same. As unlikely as it may be, I could still see some team or another feeling like they could get the old Brad Richards back with just a change of scenery. He only stopped being a point a game player since becoming a Ranger. 

I agree.

The biggest money on that contract is already paid.  The remaining seven years are 9, 8.5, 8.5, 7, 1, 1, 1.

A team with cap room, and there are lots of them, could certainly trade for him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Struggling to score goals, facing elimination and he is benched? It was stupid to begin with to have him on the 4th line now he's being punished for not producing?

Torts has outsmarted himself here. Seems to me if you have Richards with Nash you may be able to get the most out of the two of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

P.S. Badhab, please send help. Know any good doctors ? 

Trust me, be your own doctor.

And don't interrupt me, I'm still searching around for null.  It's not like hime not to post for this long.  The Elaine V thing must really have him down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

That's a possibilty. 

What I'm hearing from the talking heads of sports radio is that a buyout seems more likely because of the cap going down next year. The list of teams able to trade for a contract that size will be smaller then normal because many have their own salary cap issues.

Doesn't mean that's whats going to happen, but it's another thought.

Also not standing in the way of a buyout is the big money NYR have shown that contracts aren't an issue as far as getting rid of players ( Wade Redden ).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Trust me, be your own doctor.

[/QUOTE]

Trust you ?

I'm not to confident in that one. It doesn't seem to be working for you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That's a possibilty. 

What I'm hearing from the talking heads of sports radio is that a buyout seems more likely because of the cap going down next year. The list of teams able to trade for a contract that size will be smaller then normal because many have their own salary cap issues.

Doesn't mean that's whats going to happen, but it's another thought.

Also not standing in the way of a buyout is the big money NYR have shown that contracts aren't an issue as far as getting rid of players ( Wade Redden ).

[/QUOTE]

Chowdah, I always just assume that some GM or another will take the gamble. Every summer it seems many try to out dumb each other so should I expect this one to be so different?  You make a solid point though. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

And don't interrupt me, I'm still searching around for null.  It's not like hime not to post for this long.  The Elaine V thing must really have him down.

Solid gold right there^.  you do know the only reason Elaine doesn't have a job is because Gregory's daddy mandated that the Bruins must win that series. Thats why the B's had all those power plays...wait? what? Bruins had 9 more penalties and outscored them by 17 goals? Oh,   Never mind.

Sections
Shortcuts