Richards... Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Richards... Again

In Response to Re: Richards... Again:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : Why?What would you do with it?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Encase it in carbonite and mount it on your wall....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Good pts.  If it was a lengthy deal I would likely want Kovy.  But Atlanta did get some good chips and as we know the Kovy saga wasnt a sure bet to return to NJ as a UFA. I think Dallas is a decent team amd isnt in blow up mode.  No way Morrow would stand for that.  They still have a lot of good pieces to have a quick turn over and be good next year. Anyway, we will know in a few days if Richards is dealt or not.  Ya know sometimes the trade deadline if more exciting than the regular season games.  cheers
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    After last week's deals,the deadline feels rather anticlimactic to me now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez,

be patient. there will be a mountain of deals.  I say some big names and definite fillers. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Richards... Again:[QUOTE]We all keep insisting on getting these frontliners who deplete our draft picks and prospects, and have very little chance, or cap space, to sign them. The cap situation has forced PC to give away Marco Sturm and Mark Stuart already. Michael Ryder will walk because PC can't afford to sign him at any price.

To make matters worse: Brad Marchand may be lost over the summer. He has the same agent as Phil Kessel. There is only so much money to go around and this wheeling and dealing you all want him to do is going to tie his hands. If someone offers Marchand $3 million a year - kiss him goodbye - PC won't be able to match. Go ahead and enjoy your 2010-11 Bruins. Your 2011-12 Boston Bruins may not look the same at all. Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Where do I start here hmmm depleted prospects Oh I must have missed it Caron, Sauve, Knight, Spooner, Cunningham, Arniel are gone ? No they are not and that is why Colborne was expendable.

More with "when you're 33 or 34 years old your washed up" why this is a belief especially when the player your referring to has never had a major injury ever no major surgeries on knees or wrists ever.

Marco Sturm is barely getting back into the lineup in LA but I'm supposed to miss him ? Mark Stuart can't make the Bruins lineup so I'm supposed to believe that PC jettisoned him because of cap reasons ? cmon Wheat.

Back to a previous thread with the cap going up to 61Mil Marchand and Kaberle can be signed with about 3.75Mil still left over for another vet on the blueline not named Hnidy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3af798ad8d-5470-4e96-85b6-539c695f3f66

You're reference thread as how next years cap will work...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : Where do I start here hmmm depleted prospects Oh I must have missed it Caron, Sauve, Knight, Spooner, Cunningham, Arniel are gone ? No they are not and that is why Colborne was expendable. More with "when you're 33 or 34 years old your washed up" why this is a belief especially when the player your referring to has never had a major injury ever no major surgeries on knees or wrists ever. Marco Sturm is barely getting back into the lineup in LA but I'm supposed to miss him ? Mark Stuart can't make the Bruins lineup so I'm supposed to believe that PC jettisoned him because of cap reasons ? cmon Wheat. Back to a previous thread with the cap going up to 61Mil Marchand and Kaberle can be signed with about 3.75Mil still left over for another vet on the blueline not named Hnidy.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

PC is going to have a difficult time. If you add Richards into the mix the difficulty will intensify.

On one had you have a few of the top players already signed to high-salary, long-term deals (Chara, Bergeron, Thomas, Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Seidenberg...), then we have Richards, Kaberle, Marchand, that have to be addressed this summer. In the next year or two you have Seguin, Rask, McQuaid, Peverly, Krejci coming up again...

We could be in the situation of the Chicago Black Hawks before we know it: a few star players, a bunch of AHLers and no goalie. It is not beyond the realm of possibility.

We need some forward thinking, not just thinking in the present.

The time

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

you are bang on bogie.  we have guys on here that are really in la la land..like you said ...glad we have PC to make decisions...lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : PC is going to have a difficult time. If you add Richards into the mix the difficulty will intensify. On one had you have a few of the top players already signed to high-salary, long-term deals (Chara, Bergeron, Thomas, Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Seidenberg...), then we have Richards, Kaberle, Marchand, that have to be addressed this summer. In the next year or two you have Seguin, Rask, McQuaid, Peverly, Krejci coming up again... We could be in the situation of the Chicago Black Hawks before we know it: a few star players, a bunch of AHLers and no goalie. It is not beyond the realm of possibility. We need some forward thinking, not just thinking in the present. The time
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

This is why the prospects and draft picks are important to preserve as much as possible. Chicago's downfall was a lack of skilled, ready players in their system to replace all the salary they had to move...especially in net.

The B's are doing well in this respect, and all the more reason to hang onto Rask......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

The asking price will be way, way too high.  They will want Krejci and Toronto's first pick.  Read what the rumor is on their asking price with the NYR.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/This-can-t-really-be-the-asking-price-for-Brad-R?urn=nhl-325853

Also the guy isn't even playing right now because of the concussion and because it's a concussion we all know there's no time table for a return.  I just don't see the sense in throwing a deal together for a rental (who you're not sure on a return) when we could potentially sign him in July as a free agent.  He's also not necessarily the piece of the puzzle everybody thinks he is.  He's more of a play maker and passer than a goal scorer, just look at his career stats.  Most goals scored are 26 in 03-04.  Now if it was Rick Nash, that's a different story.  He's a goal scorer, which if acquired by the Bruins, would really change their picture as being even a stronger Cup contender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Richards... Again:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : PC is going to have a difficult time.  On one had you have a few of the top players already signed to high-salary, long-term deals (Chara, Bergeron, Thomas, Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Seidenberg...), then we have Richards, Kaberle, Marchand, that have to be addressed this summer. In the next year or two you have Seguin, Rask, McQuaid, Peverly, Krejci coming up again... Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I don't think that Krejci, Lucic, Seidenberg,Thomas, Bergeon have high priced salaries in long term deals. I think there is good return for those current salaries.

Next summer (2012) PC has to re-sign Krejci and Rask that is when PC will have to decide on the 3Mil left on Thomas's contract. Chiarelli has 20Mil to spend that summer there's your future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BostonSan,

You saved me from cutting and pasting.  Look at what the Stars want from the Rangers just for the chance to rent him.
    Staal/Dubinsky +.

Read it and tell me I was wrong. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Oh,
    That means Ryder and Boychuk wont cut it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, That means Ryder and Boychuk wont cut it. 

What about Boychuck, Kelly and the Toronto pick?

(this is all assuming PC thinks he can resign him)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Try Lucic/Krejci/Kemp

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]Try Lucic/Krejci/Kemp

Try James Neal for Goligoski

I mean, what are we talking about here?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I mean that the low ball offers for Richards were laughable considering Joe wanted Staal Dubinsky and Stephan.  As the article put it.  Leader in ice time, leading scorer and top rookie. 
    Not sure I can make it clearer than that. 

In a nut shell it means we arent getting him.

And yes the Neal deal in my eyes was advantage Pitt.  But the closer I look at it, its not a landslide. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]I mean that the low ball offers for Richards were laughable considering Joe wanted Staal Dubinsky and Stephan.  As the article put it.  Leader in ice time, leading scorer and top rookie.  Not sure I can make it clearer than that.  In a nut shell it means we arent getting him. And yes the Neal deal in my eyes was advantage Pitt.  But the closer I look at it, its not a landslide. 

I see what you're saying as far as talent comperable to what they're asking for, though I would say Lucic may be more highly coveted than Dubinsky. And the Toronto pick is getting less and less attractive, the more they keep winning, so Stepan may be just as valuable as that pick is

I actually wouldn't have an issue with including Krejci in the deal, if they're sure they can resign Richards.  Lucic?  No, no way.  If they wanted maybe a defenseman, Boychuck or even Sidenberg would be fine, but I wouldn't give them Lucic.  They should have kept Neal, if that's the kind of player they really wanted

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Swer,

I didnt think the asking price would be that high.  Of all those players Staal would be the most attractive.  I mean he is a rock solid dman. 

I wouldnt trade Lucic for him either but the asking price for Richards is far beyond our means. 

I mean that asking price is crazy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]Swer, I didnt think the asking price would be that high.  Of all those players Staal would be the most attractive.  I mean he is a rock solid dman.  I wouldnt trade Lucic for him either but the asking price for Richards is far beyond our means.  I mean that asking price is crazy. 

Which is why THAT deal won't happen.  

The one that does, wherever it may be, I bet will not be that hefty

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=24452bbc04fc88a3129de092ee63ee2d&plckUserId=24452bbc04fc88a3129de092ee63ee2d">
    First: 12/16/2005
    Last: 2/24/2011
    I still dont think its enough.  I realize he is a UFA and thats what rental players should garnish...BUT Richards is a proven player and no way they take our scrubs and pending UFA players for a star.  I would say they would just keep him and hope to make the playoffs.  They still are very much in it.

Kovy can't carry Richards gear bag.  #1 centers just don't get traded for our dog dirt.  The Leafs pick is likely after the 1st 5.  This yrs draft is the worst in yrs.  If the Leafs keep winning I would deal that pick off in a second for the right player.  But as I said earlier. I would rather push for Paul Statsny now that his old man has opened his yap.
    Statsny/Liles for DK/Kemp/Leafs #1.

Now we are talking..

You have just convinced me that you know little about what you are talking about.  This years upcoming draft is not the worst in years.  If you are picking in the top 6-- you will be getting future high tier NHL player.  Do some research.   Who is Kemp?  You must mean Kampfer?  Don't you think Statsny's stats are a little overblown on the offensive side because of the way Colorado plays-- they score a lot of goals because they have to because they give up way to many.   If you put Statsny on the Bruins his 1 pt per game average would drop by 25%.  Also, you are undervaluing Krejci big time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

What he said^^^^^^^

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

JY,
    Kemp was supposed to be Kamp.  Spelling error. I am guilty.

If you read many of my posts...which seem to be too many you would realize that this years draft after the 1st 5-7 picks is weak.  I won't comment further on that but with the way the Leafs have been playing we may be picking lower that that.  Still with me.

Yeah sure lets put limitations on one and enable the other b/c of the system he is in.  Are you for real.  Couldnt we say the reverse by saying that DK is on a top notch team with better talent.  Wouldnt that put a player in a better situation, to be surrounded by other top end players? 

He has scored 20 regularly since he came in the league. And where was I critical of DK.  Anyone getting dealt for another good player and I am critical?  Not sure how.  But don't put words in my mouth. 

I am not sure what your post is about other than calling out my knowledge of hockey.  What ever floats your boat.  But if you are gonna call me out.  Please do your research b/c you just look stupid. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PS

Bruins tied for 4th
    Colorado tied for 9th

Research