Richards... Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Richards... Again

Seabass,

Where have you been all my life.  Thank you Mr. VoiceOfReason

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Richards... Again:
    [QUOTE]Dez, I'd be shocked if Dallas would take DK for Richards - signed or not. I'm sure that they'll get a much more luxuritive offer elsewhere.
    Posted by newfiewhaler[/QUOTE]
    You think they'll get more than DK,who's signed and who's rights they would still control for years to come?I guess we'll see but I'm skeptical.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

keep on dreaming..richard isnt even on bruins radar screen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Shupe,

I live in toronto so i've been busy listening to my leaf fan buddies telling me they are going to get every good available player for a combination of players on their team that they don't like. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

very good point matt....your right they have the weapons to make it happen....personnally i hope itisnt for one of our top forwards..just  not that high on richards unless we get him for lower end roster players and or draft picks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]anyone remember that trade a while back where boston gave up a 1st, 2nd and colborne for some 4mil ufa defenseman? kaberle i think his name was.  and yet richards is coming for boychuck kelly and a 1st.  wow.
    Posted by Seabasshole[/QUOTE]
    Let's not forget that it's a late 1st round pick,Colbourne is still a raw prospect and the 2nd rounder only comes into play if Boston reaches the final or resigns TK.That sounds worlds apart from Boychuck,Kelly and a lottery pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : I'd be more willing to bet he'd be going to Toronto than going to Boston.It's no secret Burke wants a #1 center and he now has 2 first round picks to dangle..Is that funny?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Actually, when he was asked about his preferences he said Dallas, Carolina, and NYr, and when asked about Toronto he laughed and shook his head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

We all keep insisting on getting these frontliners who deplete our draft picks and prospects, and have very little chance, or cap space, to sign them.

The cap situation has forced PC to give away Marco Sturm and Mark Stuart already. Michael Ryder will walk because PC can't afford to sign him at any price.

Richards will mean either David Krejci and/or Nathan Horton must be involved in the deal along with an ultra prime draft pick. To make matters worse we'll probably have to give away Chris Kelly during the summer if Kaberle and Richards are signed. Kaberle will be 33 and Richards 32 next season.

To make matters worse: Brad Marchand may be lost over the summer. He has the same agent as Phil Kessel. There is only so much money to go around and this wheeling and dealing you all want him to do is going to tie his hands. If someone offers Marchand $3 million a year - kiss him goodbye - PC won't be able to match.

Go ahead and enjoy your 2010-11 Bruins. Your 2011-12 Boston Bruins may not look the same at all. Perhaps Shane Hnidy has some buddies who can come and tryout.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]We all keep insisting on getting these frontliners who deplete our draft picks and prospects, and have very little chance, or cap space, to sign them. The cap situation has forced PC to give away Marco Sturm and Mark Stuart already. Michael Ryder will walk because PC can't afford to sign him at any price. Richards will mean either David Krejci and/or Nathan Horton must be involved in the deal along with an ultra prime draft pick. To make matters worse we'll probably have to give away Chris Kelly during the summer if Kaberle and Richards are signed. Kaberle will be 33 and Richards 32 next season. To make matters worse: Brad Marchand may be lost over the summer. He has the same agent as Phil Kessel. There is only so much money to go around and this wheeling and dealing you all want him to do is going to tie his hands. If someone offers Marchand $3 million a year - kiss him goodbye - PC won't be able to match. Go ahead and enjoy your 2010-11 Bruins. Your 2011-12 Boston Bruins may not look the same at all. Perhaps Shane Hnidy has some buddies who can come and tryout.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Depleated what? Because they gave up Colborne? They have more than a handfull of youngsters that are progressing nicely in college, AHL, and Juniors. Also, the Bruins still hold 6 picks in he first 5 rounds and you will see Chiarelli try to squeez a 3rd or 4th for Paille before deadline. This is a fairly young nucleus, the future in not being mortgaged at all. They have a good chance to go for it without giving up too many important assets. Their in good shape moving forward.

Like really, where are you going to find the $$ to sign all these 1st rounders? Guess you rather waive bye-bye to Krejci, Bergeron, and Lucic...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : Depleated what? Because they gave up Colborne? They have more than a handfull of youngsters that are progressing nicely in college, AHL, and Juniors. Also, the Bruins still hold 6 picks in he first 5 rounds and you will see Chiarelli try to squeez a 3rd or 4th for Paille before deadline. This is a fairly young nucleus, the future in not being mortgaged at all. They have a good chance to go for it without giving up too many important assets. Their in good shape moving forward. Like really, where are you going to find the $$ to sign all these 1st rounders? Guess you rather waive bye-bye to Krejci, Bergeron, and Lucic...
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]

Xenimus, you better read my post again. You no capeesh too good.

Start reading after the first paragraph.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richards... Again : Xenimus, you better read my post again. You no capeesh too good. Start reading after the first paragraph.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

LOL, darn it bro you got me! Im working on my MED exam at the same time! Not first time i've jumped to conclusions! HA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Too much dreaming, not enough reality. Glad we Have PC for decisions

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Can't tell you what a dumb risk trading Krejci for Richards would be - especially if the logic is "they're going for it!"  Trade a guy you know can be a good playoff performer and who has some chemistry with his current wingers for a bigger name who, yes, is a better producer on his current team but who is out with a concussion.  We all know that guys coming back from concussions are sure fire back to full speed right away!

Richards also took some time to find the groove in Dallas.  He wasn't a point/game player in his first year in Texas, and in fact, he's only been that productive twice before in his career - this year would be the third time.  He's been more Bergeron than Savard most of his NHL life.

Richards is a good player, but forget the idea that he's the answer in Boston.  Considering the Bruins would have to top a Leafs offer that will probably start with two first round picks, dealing for BR would be a hail mary.  The kind of cross your fingers move a GM makes when he knows in his bones his team has no shot, and his last day will be the day after the team cleans out their lockers.  Desperate.  No thanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

You dont trade Krejci for a rental, and Shupe is right in dallas not wanting ryder..Anyone proposing a trade along those lines fails to understand why dallas would make such a trade.. You trade guys with expiring contracts to get a  return when you decide you can not resign them, or you won't.. Bring ryder in does nothing for them, if they trade richards they are in essence passing on a chance to win the stanley cup, ryder is not a guy you want in return knowing you can take a shot at him in the free agent market.  Dallas may not demand NHL ready talent in return though, Richards is not as hot a commodity as Kovalchuk was, 26 entering the prime of his career..
    The bruins are not brad richards away from winning a cup though, he is not the player that gaurantees them a cup.. We gave up enough for Kaberle, I'd rather stick with what we have and continue to build if we miss, then miss and have nothing to show for it..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

roler,

You arent giving Richards enough credit.  Richards is an elite #1 center and to me that much more vital than someone like Kovalchuk and I can pretty much assure he wouldnt disappear ala Kovy. 
    Richards is a Stanley Cup MVP not that long ago. He IS a difference maker. 

I likely wouldnt mess with the chem of the top 2 lines at the moment.  If we can add one more piece then great.  I personally wouldnt mind adding another veteran dman.  I personally would have a look at Adam Foote. 

We can revisit this should he get traded.  But no way he gets dealt for other teams scrubs.

And as a side note.  If Washington lands him how deadly would they be?  Would be pretty hard to stop those two lines and also have Richards on the point on the top PP.  Oh yeah, Richards is a good faceoff guy as well.
    If I am Washington I lay a nice offer to them and play for this year.  They easily have the young NHL ready talent and all their picks available.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Shupe,
    I am not undervaluing Richards, I didn't knock him in anyway I just think more teams were interested in a younger higher scoring Kovalchuk is all..

I don't think washington has the room to persue Richards but I could be wrong about that, I think they need help defensively more then anything, but based on how young there core is, Carlson coming along well, Alzner starting to contribute, how young their goalies are, they can be patient, or they have more then enough peices to move.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I would trade Ryder for Richards' jock strap

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

roler,

If the playoff started tomorrow and I could have one of the two I would take Richards every single day.  And I know you werent ripping him.  But I think if you put Kovy ahead of Richards you arent giving his due. 

Washington scares me the most of all teams.  They are in desperate need of a second line center.  Their Defense isnt great but their top 6 isnt bad at all.
    Carlson and Alzner have been great.
    Hannon and Poti are a nice shut down tandem(if healthy).
    Green and Schultz. 
    They need for them to be healthy.

Washington has loads of young talent.  Loads.  They also have 3 young goalies with extremely high value.  They have all their draft picks and have about 5 million in cap space.  Meaning they can add a few pieces and not blink an eye.

If I were the Caps gm I would be all over Foote and Richards. 
    Imagine:
    Backstrom-Ovie-Knuble
    Richards-Semin-Laich

Having Foote and Richards immediately addresses leadership and playoff experience. 

Watch out for Washington.  They have been too quiet and they need a strong showing in this yrs playoffs.  They have an owner willing to win at all costs.  I say they make huge moves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Shupe,
    I will give you all of that, but I think your looking at it with the benefit of hindsight, Kovalchuk had (never?) been to the play offs prior to last season, and your also looking at this as a short term benefit. Coming into last years play offs I don't think you could predict Kovalchuk lack of production, if you had the choice of a guy who won the cup, 30 years old, nearly a point per game for his career 25 goals a season, or a 26 year old who had never been on a team good enough to go to the play offs, over a point per game, 6 time 40 goal scorer. You look at the younger guy, you look to add peices around him in the future, and like the devils your looking at the long term benefits..

Richards with out a pay cut doesnt fit in boston, so he's a rental, I think most teams looking at him are looking at him as just that.. (washington would not have room for him next season with out shipping out semin, or backstrom).

If your taking on a guy knowing he's a rental, you dont want to hurt the team moving forward unless your pretty sure your going to get there right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I would trade Ryder for Richards' jock strap
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]
    Why?What would you do with it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I'm not sure, but it probably has more trade value than Ryder

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

roler,

I guess it depends on the fit.  Richards is a complete player, is a strong PP guy, good on draws, plays well in both ends and has won and was a major factor in that win. 
    For me I have never been star struck by pure goals...and Kovy has never scored a meanungful goal in his career.  While in Atlanta he was able to run free and take 2 minute shifts when he wants. 

If its purely a rental between the two I would take Richards. 

For me he isnt a fit here.  Unless of course we want to bite the bullet and deal off Krejci b/c I dont think Dallas takes just prospects. 

I think the market at the moment is crazy.  But I also think that has to do with a very weak draft class this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure, but it probably has more trade value than Ryder
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]
    Joe,you so Krazie.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Exactly if your renting the two, you take the experience.. If your looking at "he might put us over the top, but if not we need to have him around next season for another run (NJ surely thought KOvy would make them a better team) there's a lot more to consider..

I think if dallas deals richards, they are "folding" this season, the bruins do not have the prospects right now to get that deal done, but there may be other teams that do, I don't know if dallas really demands NHL players, you get a higher return if your willing to take a chance on the prospect.. Toronto prime example, they weren't building for this season, you can take colborne who could still be a great player, is still a top prospect, or you can have an NHL roster player, knowing you've probably seen his best, or can only expect some improvement..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Good pts. 

If it was a lengthy deal I would likely want Kovy.  But Atlanta did get some good chips and as we know the Kovy saga wasnt a sure bet to return to NJ as a UFA.

I think Dallas is a decent team amd isnt in blow up mode.  No way Morrow would stand for that.  They still have a lot of good pieces to have a quick turn over and be good next year.

Anyway, we will know in a few days if Richards is dealt or not.  Ya know sometimes the trade deadline if more exciting than the regular season games. 

cheers