Richards not worth Tor 1st round pick..

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Richards not worth Tor 1st round pick..

The way TOR seems to be going the TOR pick and some prospects should bring back a huge return. Goal scored and #2 d-man huge. So I would agree with you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Sorry, but I disagree. He is exactly the type you trade a high first rounder for. 
    6th in scoring, this year and last. 
    Conn Smythe Winner with TBay. 

Big strong Centerman, with proven Playoff creds.

I like.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

you don't trade a possible 1st overall for a rental.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

If you can pick up Richards and he signs an extension to stay with the Bruins (say 3 years), then trading the 1st pick (it would take more then that, by the way) for Richards would give the Bruins a legitimate shot at the Cup for the next 2-3 years.  Isn't that what it's all about?  You have a solid core of players to take a run, you do what you can to get you over the top, especially the way Thomas is now playing.

I would make that trade under those circumstances.

Man, if only the Leafs were in as good shape as the Bruins.  Can't even have this discussion for a few more years......sigh

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

If you're just looking at goals, you're an idiot.  The guy's an elite playmaker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I have no problem with Boston trading away TO's 1st rounder, but not for a rental.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I'm torn on this one!

Richards is an awesome player but with the leafs trading away Beauchemin & Versteeg (and I'm sure they're not done!!), their pick could really turn out to be something awesome!!! What if thier pick wins the lottery?? Still worth it for Richards, a great player but for how long before he gets past his prime?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya, I think they need to find out if signing a new contract is something the player coming in would be up for. Not very keen on giving up the first pick either, just to have the guy bolt after the season. What a waste, that would be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

We need a goal scorer, and like others have said, Richards is more of a playmaker

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

looks like Bogosian is available according to the Globe...lets get Bogosian with our 1st round pick and a forward and than..turn around and get Richards for Tor 1st pick and Mark Stuart or Boychuk ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

What's the obsession with Bogosian...is he any good?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Bogasian is a high-potential young D.  He would probably be worth the Toronto 1st because you could have him for many years.  He's the type of player the Bruins probably want to draft if they keep the pick.  Trading the pick for Richards is silly.  In the modern NHL I can't think of a single time a top-10 pick was traded for a rental.  No other team can (they are high in the standings) or will (they are low and not going to make the playoffs) offer that so it would be stupid for the Bruins to offer that.  If Richards is being shopped it won't take a high pick, just a 1st rounder and other assets.  Extending Richards beyond this year would be costly and stupid, since we have two very good centers and our best young player is also a center.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Richards not worth Tor 1st round pick..:
    If you can pick up Richards and he signs an extension to stay with the Bruins (say 3 years), then trading the 1st pick (it would take more then that, by the way) for Richards would give the Bruins a legitimate shot at the Cup for the next 2-3 years.  Isn't that what it's all about?  You have a solid core of players to take a run, you do what you can to get you over the top, especially the way Thomas is now playing. I would make that trade under those circumstances. Man, if only the Leafs were in as good shape as the Bruins.  Can't even have this discussion for a few more years......sigh
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Dead on target.... don't think it will happen with Richards but the Cup run each in the next three years would be legitimate prediction.  If the trade is made then no Seguin!  i have to admit PC is running the course of trades.  Most trades are made within the last days near the trade deadline.  The teams that are on the cusp of a playoff run will make decisions at that point.  The best time to be a seller is now.  The best time to be a buyer is near draft day.  That said it is a "perfect storm" for PC.  Picks, cap space, and a playoff team with excellent goaltending.  Time to move PC.  If not then all is well too!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Richards not worth Tor 1st round pick..:
    In Response to Re: Richards not worth Tor 1st round pick.. : he has 11 points this season and a career high of 23. He was good in junior though
    Posted by pbergeron37

He's also tough(but clean)and playing behind Byfuglien and Enstrom on the PP depth chart.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Why not just wait until summer and and sign him as a UFA?  Silly to waist a great asset to get his rights for 4 months.  If he wants to play in Boston it's easy to do July 1st. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

RICHARDS WORTH TOR 1st ROUND PICK!!! 150 % re-signed or not! I don't understand this wait & see bulldung!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Richards not worth Tor 1st round pick..:
    He is average goal scorer ..already been around over 10 years..not worth our possible top ten pick..
    Posted by cactusTony

WOW! you just made it an even 150 for the ignore list!

Sections
Shortcuts