Richards to Rangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Richards to Rangers

Darren Dreger
    9 years at $6.5 AaV for Richards and Rangers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Richards to Rangers

Suprise,suprise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Another classic Sather Blunder......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Richards to Rangers:
    @DarrenDreger Darren Dreger 9 years at $6.5 AaV for Richards and Rangers.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Sather hasn't exactly hit any jackpots in his signings of free agents over the years.  Remember the hype and massive expectations when he got Drury and Gomez?  Almost forgot Bobby Holik.  Were Lindros and Jagr FAs when they joined NYR also?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Things i pointed out yesterday is that he never scored 30+ a yr.  90 pts is his tops.  He has a staggering career minus. 
    The Rangers like will deal dubinsky now.
    Richards may be a top line center but I wouldnt want him here. 
    The Rangers needed someone for Gabby.  Those two don't strike me as leaders at all.  Torts better hope he has a great year or he will be canned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You are right RHO. The Rangers have a history of signing the most expensive UFA's and then seeing them go broadway and forget how to play hockey. There must be something in the water there.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

BUT THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT?!?! BRUINS8 has a SOURCE IN THE BRUINS FRONT OFFICE who said he would be signing with TORONTO and it would be announced Tuesday! You all are IDIOTS for believing a TSN analyst with a sterling reputation over BRUINS8 and his "Source"! IDIOTS, I say!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

gee...  Bloge Salming and Down goes Brown had this video out on June 28...

http://video.thescore.com/watch/hoth-presents-ranger-state-of-mind

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

In Response to
    In Response to Richards to Rangers : Sather hasn't exactly hit any jackpots in his signings of free agents over the years. Remember the hype and massive expectations when he got Drury and Gomez? Almost forgot Bobby Holik. Were Lindros and Jagr FAs when they joined NYR also?
    Posted by RichHillOntario

From Puck Daddy: Rangers sign prized Free Agent center to huge 9 year deal the same week they buy out Chris Drury! I love hockey!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Sather is a moron, we are talking about a GM that just last year took Dylan McIlrath over Gormley and Fowler at #10 overall. Why doesn't he get fired, does he have pictures on somebody.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Sather need to be checked for alzheimers or something. They should just take the keys away now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good now Slats has only 10M to sign Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Boyle and Sauer plus he's still stuck with underachiever, always hurt Gaborik.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In Response to Re: Richards to Rangers:
    In Response to Richards to Rangers : Sather hasn't exactly hit any jackpots in his signings of free agents over the years.  Remember the hype and massive expectations when he got Drury and Gomez?  Almost forgot Bobby Holik.  Were Lindros and Jagr FAs when they joined NYR also?
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Nope, acquired through trades.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's the Ranger blue print.  He's just following their tradition.

Remember back in the early 2000's when they bought everyone on the planet?
    Bure, Kovalev, Lindros, Messier, Leetch, Jagr...

I tell you - that team 100% is a Stanley Cup winner no doubt - I bet my life, my wife's life, the cats lives (all 9), the house, my truck and everything I own that team OWNS the cup
    with only only slight problem, the guarantee was for the 1993 cup and that team was assembled in 2003.  Oops.

Didn't that team miss the playoffs?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Note to self: Remove Rangers from list of teams to possibly prevent Bruins repeat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjnyynyrnyk. Show nyjnyynyrnyk's posts

I have no doubt in my mind the Bruins Cup run wouldn't have even got out of Round 1 if they drew the Rangers. Getting Montreal was a blessing for them. The Rangers always play the Bruins tough, Took 3/4 from them this year, Won both games in Boston. The Bruins are no powerhouse, They simply got hot at the right time. They're no Detroit, NJ, or Pittsburgh in the makings, They won in a year where Crosby and Malkin were on the sidelines. And they should give Joe Thornton a ring for knocking out Detroit who is a far more Cup savvy team than Vancouver. The Wings wouldn't have been at all scared playing on the road in the Finals like the Canucks were. Things broke your way, Don't think otherwise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have no doubt in my mind the Bruins Cup run wouldn't have even got out of Round 1 if they drew the Rangers. Getting Montreal was a blessing for them. The Rangers always play the Bruins tough, Took 3/4 from them this year, Won both games in Boston. The Bruins are no powerhouse, They simply got hot at the right time. They're no Detroit, NJ, or Pittsburgh in the makings, They won in a year where Crosby and Malkin were on the sidelines. And they should give Joe Thornton a ring for knocking out Detroit who is a far more Cup savvy team than Vancouver. The Wings wouldn't have been at all scared playing on the road in the Finals like the Canucks were. Things broke your way, Don't think otherwise.
    Posted by nyjnyynyrnyk

and your last cup was because the entire edmonton oilers franchise was bought, paid for, and placed in manhattan.  Don't think otherwise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by nyjnyynyrnyk

I love you people that talk about "IF".

IF.

IF a frog has wings he wouldn't bump his ash a hoppin.

Don't think otherwise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In Response to Re: Richards to Rangers : and your last cup was because the entire edmonton oilers franchise was bought, paid for, and placed in manhattan.  Don't think otherwise.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Bwhahahaha, great reply.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjnyynyrnyk. Show nyjnyynyrnyk's posts

Yes, Messier came to NY and brought alot of his Oiler buddies. But this should be pointed out....It was a Ranger draft pick who played college puck up in your neck of the woods at BC by the name of Brian Leetch who won the Conn Smythe that year. And it was another Rangers prospect by the name of Mike Richter who goalied that team past a far more talented Vancouver team than the 1 your Bruins just beat. McLean>Luongo. Bure,Linden,Ronning>Sedins, Kessler.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

BUT THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT?!?! BRUINS8 has a SOURCE IN THE BRUINS FRONT OFFICE who said he would be signing with TORONTO and it would be announced Tuesday! You all are IDIOTS for believing a TSN analyst with a sterling reputation over BRUINS8 and his "Source"! IDIOTS, I say!
    Posted by davecarr

ROFL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, Messier came to NY and brought alot of his Oiler buddies. But this should be pointed out....It was a Ranger draft pick who played college puck up in your neck of the woods at BC by the name of Brian Leetch who won the Conn Smythe that year. And it was another Rangers prospect by the name of Mike Richter who goalied that team past a far more talented Vancouver team than the 1 your Bruins just beat. McLean />Luongo. Bure,Linden,Ronning>Sedins, Kessler.
    Posted by nyjnyynyrnyk

Come now, let's be serious and stop kidding around.  Let's talk about a respectable franchise like Florida or Phoenix or some team like that.

Wade Redden???  Bloge Salming says it better than I could...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6imWpYgTgIc

I am dead serious, I would be sending letters to Rangers management threatening to pour gasoline on myself and setting myself on fire in front of Madison square garden if they didn't do something about Callahan at -12, Del Zotto at -20 (?!?!?!?) and Drury at -10.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Richards is a solid pick-up.  But NYR staff always finds a way to drop the ball.  Enjoy 9th place, losers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Posted by nyjnyynyrnyk

Of course things broke the Bruins' way for them to win the Cup. You could say that about any team that wins it. What if Messier's guarantee had backfired? What if Stepon Mytoes had been injured? And on and on.

Or you could say you make your own breaks. If the Bruins had drawn the Rangers and if Thomas played the way he played against Vancouver, the Rangers would have been lucky to play their way to a Game 5. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Just checked his stats. Career +/- of minus 72 and missed the playoffs the last 3 years. He should have gone to Toronto Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts