Rick DiPietro: The saga of a poor man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: Rick DiPietro: The saga of a poor man

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to stevegm's comment:

I agree nas.  This type of sensationalism is becoming mainstream.  I know it's standard news practice nowdays,  but sports journalism seems to almost be getting worse.  Wish they'd focus more on the drama of the game.

The media hears what DiPietro said and they ran with it. Are they supposed to avoid it altogether and put it down as " ah he was only kidding" ?

It was newsworthy considering what came out of his mouth originally.

No they're supposed to act like professional journalists, not tabloid gossip mongers.  I agree he didn't use the best choice of words(twice), but you fail to see the reporter showed even less maturity.  If Di Pietro indeed said, "drive my car into a tree", a child should have been able to interpret what he meant.  The media is always whining about the lack of colorful interviews, candor, and real emotion.  This hackjob is a great example why that is so often the case. 

As for the "kidding" part of your statement, again, no.  They're supposed to report news...not make it.  They're assigned with the task of context.  Failed miseably in both instances. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Rick was pulled in the first period last night after letting in 5 goals on 12 shots. poor guy is not even good enough for the AHL.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

DiPietro:  Without my wife, I probably would have driven myself into a tree.

Breaking Headline News Report:  DiPietro contemplated suicide.

DiPietro:  What?  No I didn't!  I was just joking about that.

Breaking Headline News Report:  Rick DiPietro laughs about suicide.

DiPietro:  That's it.  I'm done.

Breaking Headline News Report:  DiPietro quits.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Rick DiPietro is living proof that GM Suicide is over stated.  Garth Snow still alive and kicking on the Island.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Rick DiPietro is living proof that GM Suicide is over stated.  Garth Snow still alive and kicking on the Island.

Breaking Healine News Report:  Crowls jokes about suicide.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Fan hatred.  As far as I've read/heard, he's a pretty nice, easy going guy.

But people literally hate him because he signed a contract and got hurt often.

Pretty sad.  There are tons of bad people to hate.  No need to hate DiPietro.

Agreed. It's like a Bruins fan being angry with Marc Savard. It's not RD's fault he was offered a huge crazy contract only to be hurt over and over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No they're supposed to act like professional journalists, not tabloid gossip mongers.  I agree he didn't use the best choice of words(twice), but you fail to see the reporter showed even less maturity.  If Di Pietro indeed said, "drive my car into a tree", a child should have been able to interpret what he meant.  The media is always whining about the lack of colorful interviews, candor, and real emotion.  This hackjob is a great example why that is so often the case. 

As for the "kidding" part of your statement, again, no.  They're supposed to report news...not make it.  They're assigned with the task of context.  Failed miseably in both instances. 

Where are you getting your info from ? The National Enquirer. Your interpretation of how this story has been reported is more sensationalized then the actual story itself. 

We definitely have a difference of opinion on how this story has been reported. I haven't interpretted any of the info the same way you have.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In talking about how important his wife has been to him, he stated "there's times when I've thought about driving my car into a tree...off the Throg's Neck Bridge.  There's been been a lot of dark times."  This was used to exemplify how having his wife around has been important to him.

ProHockeyTalk Headline:  Injuries, fan hatred made DiPietro contemplate suicide

Fox Sports:  Report  DiPietro Pondered Suicide

Heck, I've jammed myself up a few times in life and have thought about crashing my car into a tree or driving off a bridge. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Where are you getting your info from ? The National Enquirer. Your interpretation of how this story has been reported is more sensationalized then the actual story itself. 

We definitely have a difference of opinion on how this story has been reported. I haven't interpretted any of the info the same way you have.

what da......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes the media are terrible and ruthless at times, that is a given. Mentioning to the media that you have felt like driving your car into a tree becuase of the media or the fans is searching for sympathy.

Also I have never criticized his salary, good for him that he signed it. What I have aproblem with is his "i'm a victim" attitude. Get up off your a**, use that great talent you have and work your way back  up and play like you used too. Poor baby is the only one to have ever gone through a rash of injuries.

You didn't see Ference sitting in his stall crying like that after all his injuries. It's the media's fault is a crock!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Yes the media are terrible and ruthless at times, that is a given. Mentioning to the media that you have felt like driving your car into a tree becuase of the media or the fans is searching for sympathy.

Also I have never criticized his salary, good for him that he signed it. What I have aproblem with is his "i'm a victim" attitude. Get up off your a**, use that great talent you have and work your way back  up and play like you used too. Poor baby is the only one to have ever gone through a rash of injuries.

You didn't see Ference sitting in his stall crying like that after all his injuries. It's the media's fault is a crock!

of course it is....
    and where did that come from?

and

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Where did anyone suggest DiPietro's comments were due to the media?

As for the other stuff, I can't imagine it's easy to have to go to work each day knowing that at least 7,000 people will be there to watch and hate you.

DiPietro had more than a "rash of injuries".  His entire career went and stayed sideways because of his injuries.

Looks like AngrySan is back!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yup .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bingo, if had lost my job an had a place on "Islamorada", I would feel real bad for about a 10 second media bite!  Geezzzzz!  

Wonder where DiPietro takes his wife shopping every 1st and 15th ?

Cue the violins! He wants people to feel sorry for him with statements like that, good luck.

That panzy can go cry a river all he wants, what an excuse he has now for not working hard to get back where he once was. "Oh see I've diagnosed as a manic depressive". Pfffttt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Me would like to add, if I read here why isn't a media spike??