Rick Nash, anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Rick Nash, anyone?

Now into his second playoff series with NYR and he looks very ordinary. When the going gets tough, the soft become mushy.

The big addition led to unexpected and forced subtraction.

Many of you sang his praises and guaranteed playoff success if PC got him. What do you think of Rick Nash now?

Do you see an infectious talent? Or a solitary and alienating talent?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Rick Nash, anyone?

He's a fantastic individual talent. I question his ability to make those around him better. The NYR seem to have definitely given up some depth on their roster with the deal. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agreed, although I saw Rask make one terrific save on him last night that easily could have been a goal.

Definitely not an infectious talent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wonder what happens to guys when they become NY Rangers, other than when Edmonton came to NY en masse practically, guys who were good other places come to NY and become fat cats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Yes, Dez, he is very talented.

He is more of talent suited  to skills-competion as opposed to an outright game. Would you not agree?

Gretzky was the complete opposite - good in a game, but terrible in a skills-competition.

Bobby Orr on the otherhand, would have been great at both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I wonder what happens to guys when they become NY Rangers, other than when Edmonton came to NY en masse practically, guys who were good other places come to NY and become fat cats.

I've spent a good amount of time and money partying in New York. I can only imagine what that place is like for a young millionaire. I only know what it's like to pretend. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Now into his second playoff series with NYR and he looks very ordinary. When the going gets tough, the soft become mushy.

The big addition led to unexpected and forced subtraction.

Many of you sang his praises and guaranteed playoff success if PC got him. What do you think of Rick Nash now?

Do you see an infectious talent? Or a solitary and alienating talent?

You called this from Day 1. I went against you. Dez also pointed out that Columbus would be better off with the players thay got instead of Nash.

On this I eat my plate of crow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I've spent a good amount of time and money partying in New York. I can only imagine what that place is like for a young millionaire. I only know what it's like to pretend. 

I think that must be it, women booze and drugs in quantity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Vegas has nothing on Manhattan.

What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas. But what happens in Manhattan it will scar you for life. It is the Kingdom of Excess to the Max.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Excess and Dubai are synonymous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ive always said for years now, what a waste of good talent that goes to the rangers, they can never seem to get that combination right.

As far as nash goes, he can only do so much, your only as good as your line mates are, look at the krecji line not too long ago when lucic wasnt playing well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

The whole plan was for Rick Nash to come to Columbus because he could play on a deep team with Brad Richards, the 1st line center that he'd never gotten the chance to play with. The logic was that if a team couldn't load up on that one line, he would thrive, and with 21g, 21a in 44games, his best season in years, I think we can say that he did. 

But then late in the season, things changed. Brad Richards became a 4th line player for the NYR, apparently not because he's in the dog-house or to get him out of a funk, but because coach Torts believes he just isn't good anymore. This is the same coach who thought it would be a good idea to trade a perenial 30-40 goal scorer for three grinders. All of the sudden, the NYR were not that deep team that everyone thought they were, they were essentially the Columbus Blue Jackets again offensively with better defense and goaltending.

That team is floudering because of their system, and the shocking decline of Brad Richards, not because of Rick Nash. I submit the same argument that I regularly make when it comes to hockey, there is only so much a wing can do to help a hockey team. Wings are the least important defensively, and they need their centers and their other wing to be taking pressure of them and feeding them the puck to be good offensively. To be honest, I've seen Rick Nash look pretty threatening during the course of the series, and although the production isn't really there, there are enough scoring chances he's generated with individual efforts where I once again wish we could have seen him in a Bruins uniform.

Note: I do agree he's over-paid. I think it's madness to pay a wing that much money (7.75million over 8 years). Lucic at 6million per is my max, tbh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The thing is , the players the Rags gave up to get 30/40 goal scorer Nash, are the same type of players they felt they had to get for depth and so they gave up 30/40 goal scorer Gaborik.So what did that accomplish? Nothing, unless Nash can block shots because he sure as heck does nothing on the PP.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Olsonic, your points are valid.

However, it was said that he couldn't succeed because he was in Columbus. He moved to New York and the Rangers digressed, Columbus has progressed.

As for Nash's scoring chances in the series - yes he's had a few. Jagr has had more than him.

Nonetheless, he does not inspire.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

..hair and hype of a power forward. Mentioned this before, gaborik killed the b's. Yeah they flipped nash for gaborik in the end.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I still think Nash is a great talent & I would love for him to be in Boston, but not for that kind of money. He is NO WHERE near a power forward in the league. He's not even on the same planet as Lucic when it comes to the physical dept. Which is HUGE part of being a power forward. He's an embarrassment sometimes for someone that big & strong that can skate as well as he does. He should be mowing people down with that frame & crashing the net a lot more than he does. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Retirement contracts were given and Slats is mumbling too himself again. I don't see Richards numbers staying this bad, he has way too much talent. I see a him flourishing with another coach and that is not to say Torts was too blame. Fonzi is done in NY and that is an after thought.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Nash a power forward, not hardly. He has never been a hitter. Not sure where or how anyone labeled him that. There are very few power forwards in the league, or what I consider a power forward. Lucic is a great example of a power forward. Shoot, I cant think of anyone else that fits that mold. Maybe Bertuzzi back in the day. Lucic punishes people.

I wanted to see Nash in Boston, but I knew it would be too costly so I was pretty confident it wasnt gonna happen. He wasnt bad in Columbus, but I feel he has lost some of that team play, since he pretty much did everything by himself with the BJ's. He never really had anyone to play with. And now he does, so I dont know what is going on. I was happy the BJ's got rid of him. I knew the players they got would benefit the team more than one player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lets not get off the rails here. He's still a terrific player. He's a bonafide sniper. As far as I know he's never called himself a power forward so if others are doing it I'm not going to hold it against him. He just doesnt seem to be a fit on the Rangers and in Torterellas system. Don-Bruino nailed that one.

You put him on the Penguins, Sharks or Vancouver and I truly beleive he nets 60 in a full season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Wonder how much vile is being spewed on the NYR boards? I can only imagine......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Lets not get off the rails here. He's still a terrific player. He's a bonafide sniper. As far as I know he's never called himself a power forward so if others are doing it I'm not going to hold it against him. He just doesnt seem to be a fit on the Rangers and in Torterellas system. Don-Bruino nailed that one.

You put him on the Penguins, Sharks or Vancouver and I truly beleive he nets 60 in a full season.

I don't think we'll ever know for sure until he's too old. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fourteen playoff games, he has 7 points and 2 goals.  You look at his game when he's rolling and you have to think he can be so much better than that, but he's not.  I'd take a slightly different tack on Olsonic's points, which I think are basically correct - the game he plays is dependent on a centre who can get him the puck.  He has all the tools to create his own scoring chances, but he doesn't do it anywhere near often enough.

The only Cs I've ever seen drive that bump in his play?  JT Superstar and Toews.  I don't know if playing with the Sedins or even with Crosby would make that much of a difference...well, maybe Crosby.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Smart post!

In response to Olsonic's comment:

The whole plan was for Rick Nash to come to Columbus because he could play on a deep team with Brad Richards, the 1st line center that he'd never gotten the chance to play with. The logic was that if a team couldn't load up on that one line, he would thrive, and with 21g, 21a in 44games, his best season in years, I think we can say that he did. 

But then late in the season, things changed. Brad Richards became a 4th line player for the NYR, apparently not because he's in the dog-house or to get him out of a funk, but because coach Torts believes he just isn't good anymore. This is the same coach who thought it would be a good idea to trade a perenial 30-40 goal scorer for three grinders. All of the sudden, the NYR were not that deep team that everyone thought they were, they were essentially the Columbus Blue Jackets again offensively with better defense and goaltending.

That team is floudering because of their system, and the shocking decline of Brad Richards, not because of Rick Nash. I submit the same argument that I regularly make when it comes to hockey, there is only so much a wing can do to help a hockey team. Wings are the least important defensively, and they need their centers and their other wing to be taking pressure of them and feeding them the puck to be good offensively. To be honest, I've seen Rick Nash look pretty threatening during the course of the series, and although the production isn't really there, there are enough scoring chances he's generated with individual efforts where I once again wish we could have seen him in a Bruins uniform.

Note: I do agree he's over-paid. I think it's madness to pay a wing that much money (7.75million over 8 years). Lucic at 6million per is my max, tbh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Theo Fleury ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Wonder how much vile is being spewed on the NYR boards? I can only imagine......

New York has hockey fan-boards? I was in Brooklyn last weekend and It was a total joke. Crucial game 3 and they could only talk about Carmelo and the Knicks losing to whatever team they played.  They didn't even sell-out MSG.... what a disgraceful fan-base. It's reason enough to fire Torts that his play style has essentially lulled fans to sleep. If you wanna play the shot-blocking defensive game, you better win championships or people are going to roast you.

Sections
Shortcuts