Rick Nash gets hurt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Rick Nash gets hurt

I'm having dinner and watching the news when suddenly I hear Rick Nash gets hurt with his Swiss team . Hurt his shoulder in a game and had to leave the ice.

Now can you imagine how the Rangers feel  about this ?

No link but won't be long it'll be up once there are more details on his injury.

Dez and Oates, if he doesn't play a full season the debate about him outscoring whom he's was traded for is off. Well maybe .... he can still outscore them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Rick Nash gets hurt

I just heard this on the radio. I wonder who cringed more, NYR ownership or the insurance company that covered Nash to play in Europe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If your James Dolan or Rick Nash it is too bad, this is the dice you roll when  your two parties don't have an agreement in place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What ? Do you guys work for Larry Brooks over at Newsday ? Might want to wait for the X-Rays first before jumping on the story. Could be a deep bruise or a jammed shoulder that doesn't require surgery. Easy fellas, I know you can't wait for a major star to get hurt to say "see I told yah so" but  maybe he Nash isn't that badly hurt.

And if Dolan gets angry then he shouldn't he funnel that towards the other NHL Board of Directors ? I don't think he will he has more money than most of the small market and mid-market owners combined.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Nobody said he was hurt bad and I havn't heard anyone hoping for an injury to a star. It's bound to happen but the longer the lockout goes on.  Just pointing out there is probably a few very nervous people out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I hope the players realize as the owners that this another price you pay for refusing to get something done. I mean are the Rangers going to pay for Nash's Dr to make sure he gets the best treatment possible? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

"Rick was taken out of the game for precautionary measures and will be re-evaluated over the next couple of days," said Nash's agent Joe Resnick.

Probably nothing too bad. There are something like 80 NHLers playing in Europe. If this goes on for a while I expect somebody will have a serious injury. Just the odds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I hope the players realize as the owners that this another price you pay for refusing to get something done. I mean are the Rangers going to pay for Nash's Dr to make sure he gets the best treatment possible? 

You make it seem as if the players are out doing something other than what they would normally be doing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You make it seem as if the players are out doing something other than what they would normally be doing. 

Which really brings us/me to an awful realization that there really is nothing we, as fans, can do to tell the league and NHLPA to stop this baloney and give us the product. There is no boycott or message to send to them that they would care about in the least. They know hockey fans will be back. Speaking for myself, I know this is true. when they start playing, I'll start watching. They don't care too much for advancing the market to the casual fan apparently. I just honestly hope that if they try to salvage half a season, they don't even bother. No way does either side deseve the monetary rewards of the Winter Classic or playoff money. My only hope now is that this goes wayyy long and crushes the Columbus', Phoenix's, and Islanders franchises financially. Bettman, the Owners and the NHLPA deserve at least that nightmare on their hands.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Islanders are financially solid with Charles Wang as the owner.  They're also the holders of four Cups and a long time NHL franchise.  Why would you want them dead?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The islanders stink as of late but their fine.  But there's no need for them to go belly up. They need a new building, though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Nobody said he was hurt bad and I havn't heard anyone hoping for an injury to a star. It's bound to happen but the longer the lockout goes on.  Just pointing out there is probably a few very nervous people out there.

I wouldn't suggest that you would want anyone hurt by no means. It's just that on allot of hockey forums there seems to be people that don't think it is not right that players are going over there to play and couldn't wait for a headline like that.

As far as the the nervous people, tough! They can lower their HRR expectations and have there stars back with a phone call.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL... this tread has more to do with my last line on the initial post.. Busting chops.

And for the record I never mentioned the injury factor when the NHLers started going over to Europe therefore you won't hear from me say I told you so.... line .  Now ask me if I like them playing in Europe then for personal reasons it erks me the way it did back in 04.

As for some of those teams mentioned Columbus, Phoenix and even the Islanders they might actually be saving money with the lockout.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

The islanders stink as of late but their fine.  But there's no need for them to go belly up. They need a new building, though.

I think the Islanders will be very good in a few years. They have their franchise player in Tavares, with other good, underrated players like Grabner and Moulson. The prospects in their system have a lot of upside - if they all pan out the Islanders could be a playoff team down the road. Only problem is that terrible Dipietro contract that could hold them back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

I think the Islanders will be very good in a few years. They have their franchise player in Tavares, with other good, underrated players like Grabner and Moulson. The prospects in their system have a lot of upside - if they all pan out the Islanders could be a playoff team down the road. Only problem is that terrible Dipietro contract that could hold them back.

They should have kept P.A. Parenteau,  he could , should have been part of their rebuild.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Good news for Nash anyways as it seems to be a minor injury and is listed as day to day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Rufus604's comment:

I wouldn't suggest that you would want anyone hurt by no means. It's just that on allot of hockey forums there seems to be people that don't think it is not right that players are going over there to play and couldn't wait for a headline like that.

As far as the the nervous people, tough! They can lower their HRR expectations and have there stars back with a phone call.

I do agree with you that some, especially the media ,  can't wait to jump on the first big injury in Europe.  I mean I was watching CTV - Ottawa and they jumped on it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yes, I know Wang is money bags and I don't want to see a storied franchise go away, but they  certainly aren't making lotso money and until they get an arena that isn't a future superfund site, they have to be considered in the very lower tier of financially successful franchises. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

LOL... this tread has more to do with my last line on the initial post.. Busting chops.

And for the record I never mentioned the injury factor when the NHLers started going over to Europe therefore you won't hear from me say I told you so.... line .  Now ask me if I like them playing in Europe then for personal reasons it erks me the way it did back in 04.

As for some of those teams mentioned Columbus, Phoenix and even the Islanders they might actually be saving money with the lockout.

Don't think I didn't notice either. I just had no good comebacks other than I can't wait for this lockout to end. Then we shall all see who the superstar is (or isn't). Cheers you old shat disturber.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nash being hurt, ah the folly of being in a labor negotiations.  The folly is shared though, it is like building a 3.3 billlion dollar mansion with milliionaries as laborers.  How can one find fault?, me thinks sarcastically!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'd like to think that this gets the owners to up the pressure on Bettman to get deal done before too many of their investments get hurt.

That is unless they fully expect the whole year to be gone, then they won't care.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I think what they normally should be doing is sitting down with their rep & trying to figure out a way to get a new CBA. 

Sections
Shortcuts