Rick Nash To Boston???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: Rick Nash To Boston???

JY, in a room where you ahve so many different opinions/beliefs, you have to make assumptions to keep the conversation going -- its called social skills. If you don't the conversation either (a) ends or (b) digresses into baseless name calling.

I also posted this: "They're not going to get Nash precisely because Columbus would basically tune out and gate receipts/jersey sales would dry up."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=24452bbc04fc88a3129de092ee63ee2d&plckUserId=24452bbc04fc88a3129de092ee63ee2d">
    First: 12/16/2005
    Last: 1/8/2011
    JY,

these are opinion blogs.  everyone has an opinion.  in your reply you are giving us an opinion.  go back to bed, roll out the other end and smile

I know---- but sometimes doesn't it just get under your skin that people think its going to take an arm and a leg to get someone like Nash.  Perfect example of this is on the Red Sox board when everyone thought they had to give up A ton to get AGon--- It didnt take as much as everyone thought.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Yep, KPD and Fluto strike again as Boston.com posters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ff33bd59da5b82c974b8c1276f5606a6&plckUserId=ff33bd59da5b82c974b8c1276f5606a6">
    First: 5/2/2010
    Last: 1/8/2011
    JY, in a room where you ahve so many different opinions/beliefs, you have to make assumptions to keep the conversation going -- its called social skills. If you don't the conversation either (a) ends or (b) digresses into baseless name calling.

I also posted this: "They're not going to get Nash precisely because Columbus would basically tune out and gate receipts/jersey sales would dry up

By no means was I ripping you for having your opinion, and I didn't use your statement to make a dig at you personally.  Maybe its just my frustration with all these trade threads.  I apologize if I came across the wrong way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

I would NOT do this deal.  Bergeron is one of the most under rated players in the league, and we are giving up 2 active players plus two picks???  ELF THAT!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

An old pal (Leafs fan) said to me one day hear about the trade the B's made. I stopped in my tracks and said NO.

He said yeah Bourque for...can't remember but the deal was a reasonable one other than why trade the best D in the league at the time.  Turned out he got me, there was no trade and I came away happy.

455 (Bourque was traded) stories later and voila, it happened, Bourque was traded and my Buddy was able to get me twice, the first time and the final time when he was actually traded.

Thor was traded for a pile of rubbage, Espo was traded, Orr let go, Bourque traded, Gress and many others have been traded in the past.

There is no stupid trades that can be conjured up, only stupid GM's that can actually make these trades.

We have been lucky and brutal in our blockbusters, maybe it is time to be lucky, I just want more than a freakin Commodore, is Primeau still available.

EVALUATING!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ford,

what is bergie underrated at?  I think if anything he is overrrated.  What does he do other than play a fine all around game.  He isnt fantastic at anyone area.  And when you factor in his point totals and contract he is vastly overpayed.

JY- yes some deals are disgusting to digest on here.  But we all have our moments.  I actually thought we gave a lot for Agon but am tickled to get him here.  I think with any trade it takes time to consume.  Joe Thorton deal is a prime example. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Shupe, I cannot agree with
    your Bergeron comment. Bergie is the ultimate professional in all aspects of the game. His only limitation is his adherence to Claude's game plan. Right now he is tutoring Seguin [ Bruins Nash of the future] shutting down the other team's top lines; and covering up for Recchi's lack of performance. With Philly, New York, and many other teams with progressive coaching, Bergeron would be their star player. As far as this troll about trading for Nash, no way jose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I never like using stats but his line is bad for someone that is getting paid like he is. 
    And I said he was a fine all around player.  He is.  But to say he is the ultimate professional is also a very gray area.  What makes him the ult/pro?  He has only recently started playing with Seguin.  He doesnt have great point totals.  I personally don't believe he will ever be better than 25 goals and 50-60 pts. 

I am glad we have him but I also call them as I see them.  I do blame the system for their low point totals though. 

For me I would trade him ahead of Krejci who I think is our best center. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

For me I would trade him ahead of Krejci who I think is our best center.

Sorry Shupe. I can't agree. When DK is "on" his game, he is something special. However, when he's "off" he offers nothing. He hardly ever picks up on a stat where he maybe lacking in another. When he's not scoring, passing, checking & slowing things down to make a play. Everything disappears on the guy. His FO % is even down.

With Bergy. He may not be getting check marks on the points sheet, but his FO % is still great, his checking is still good. He very rarely has a night where he wasn't effective in at least something. That's the difference between the two.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

I live in Columbus, the Blue Jackets are barely breathing, there's a loyal core of fans, but there are as many Detroit and Pittsburgh fans here. If they were to trade Nash for anyone other than Crosby, Stamkos or Ovechkin they couldn't give tickets away

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Rick Nash is Columbus' crown jewel and one of the elite scorers in the league.  No disrespect to Bergeron, etc. but I'd imagine it would take a hell of a lot more for the Jackets to even begin to entertain the thought of putting Nash's name into play with any team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Rick Nash To Boston???:
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ff33bd59da5b82c974b8c1276f5606a6&plckUserId=ff33bd59da5b82c974b8c1276f5606a6 " /> dc-bruins-fan Posts: 532 First: 5/2/2010 Last: 1/8/2011 JY, in a room where you ahve so many different opinions/beliefs, you have to make assumptions to keep the conversation going -- its called social skills. If you don't the conversation either (a) ends or (b) digresses into baseless name calling. I also posted this: "They're not going to get Nash precisely because Columbus would basically tune out and gate receipts/jersey sales would dry up By no means was I ripping you for having your opinion, and I didn't use your statement to make a dig at you personally.  Maybe its just my frustration with all these trade threads.  I apologize if I came across the wrong way.
    Posted by JYaso

No harm, no foul. Posting is a full contact sport, so I know you can't play the game if you can't take the heat, LOL. Can't see Nash being traded without a request, but if he's available, it will take a buttload, especially if there isn't a BIG name going back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

nitemare,

good reply.  and I agree.  but if I had to trade one I would still trade Bergie who as we know is one Matt Cooke away from retirement. 
    To me Bergie is an ideal 2nd line center.  And he is a faceoff wiz.  When you pay someone the cash he is making you better put up better point totals. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

ford, what is bergie underrated at?  I think if anything he is overrrated.  What does he do other than play a fine all around game.  He isnt fantastic at anyone area.  And when you factor in his point totals and contract he is vastly overpayed. JY- yes some deals are disgusting to digest on here.  But we all have our moments.  I actually thought we gave a lot for Agon but am tickled to get him here.  I think with any trade it takes time to consume.  Joe Thorton deal is a prime example. 
    Posted by shuperman

Oh let's see, how about one of the best two-way players in the league.   Very few players can bear down on D, play the PK, and put up offense as well. He is not flashy, he is consistent and gets points in a defensive system.  How many of any of our players have a ton of points?  None.  Bergy is perfect in this system, and I don't know if Nash would be worth it for what is speculated that we would be giving up...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ford,

not trying to argue.  but most players in the league are good two way players.  its what seperates them from the AHL.  I agree with you on the overall game.  But 8 goals and 25 pts.  For 5 million I can do better.  And yes he is crippled in this system but he still needs to produce.  He isnt underrated though.  Anyone who makes 5 million annually and puts up 8 goals at the 1/2 way mark is not underrated. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Send Krejci (or Savard), Lucic (or Horton) and Wheeler to Columbus if that's what it takes to get this party started. Bergy stays. Other pieces would have to be included on each side to make it work. Boston has to move a center so Seguin can get more ice time down the middle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Felix,

I think seguin will stay where he is at.  I dont see him making huge strides this year.  I agree that we should be dangling one of our top three centers though for a scoring winger.  But to land Nash would create too many openings in the lineup. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I am sure Nash would just excel playing CJ defensive boring hockey In Response to Rick Nash To Boston??? :
    Posted by Taz2424

Think Kessel will hit 36 this year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Ford, common man, you're gettin g RICK NASH in that fake proposal.  Anyone who wouldn't make the deal for a guy who is signed and a bona fied sniper in exchange for a pick and a very good second line center along with a 3rd line winger, is nuts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Part of the trade has to send Julien.  Someone in the organization, please spare us from this uninspired team who plays in one of the top 3 most boring systems in hockey.  Neely, save us!

And if we can get nash, trade just about anything. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

if we can get nash, trade just about anything. 
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

Trade Bruins for Blue Jackets? No thanks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TiPit. Show TiPit's posts

This is news to me; I read somewhere Calgary and Boston: Savard for What's his name RHYGER...

anyway, Nash would be great but talent must go the other way, unless the GM at Columbus is O'Connell. To get Nash, give up a good young player, anybody but Seguin, does Columbus needs a goalie, Thomas is hot and Rask can do the job (with Nash the B's could get the extra goal for Rask to win...), a higher draft pick...  I always thought Lecavalier was the player to trade for but, if Nash is on the market...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

I like Bergie.  But come on.  And I live in Canada as well and havent heard this rumor at all.  And trust me it would be platered on the tube. Nash is a superstar.   Probably the best pw fwd in the league.  he has the same problem iggy does.  No center or supporting cast.  To land Nash it would take a pkg like this: Bergie or Krejci Lucic Wheeler At least 2 1st round picks. And if I were Columbus I would likely still hang up. 
    Posted by shuperman

Wheeler.........KREJCI AND.....LUCIC.....on and 2 first rounders???

Do I have that right?  For Rick Nash?  Not Pavel Datsyuk or Henrick Sedin.....Rick "two more goals than Lucic" Nash.  That's what you're saying it would take?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts