Rick Nash To Boston???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Rick Nash To Boston???

In Response to Re: Rick Nash To Boston???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Nash To Boston??? : Think Kessel will hit 36 this year?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Good point DC.As soon as Kessel surpasses his numbers under CJ's system i'll start agreeing that it's CJ's fault players aren't scoring.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'd take Nash in a heartbeat too, and play him on a line with Savard. But I think Bergeron is almost the heart/soul of the team right now. I think what might be added would be subtracted in the lockeroom, which can translate to the ice. Krecji is the type of player that you can deal and not feel like you gave away a 100-point player. He's capable of becoming that type of player (Krecji), but I think Bergeron just does so many other things well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]ford, not trying to argue.  but most players in the league are good two way players.  its what seperates them from the AHL.  I agree with you on the overall game.  But 8 goals and 25 pts.  For 5 million I can do better.  And yes he is crippled in this system but he still needs to produce.  He isnt underrated though.  Anyone who makes 5 million annually and puts up 8 goals at the 1/2 way mark is not underrated. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I think you'll agree that Datsyuk would be considered the gold standard for this type of player.He has 12 goals and 37 points for a powerhouse offense in Detroit(all for 6.7m).Taking those numbers into account,I don't think Bergeron is exactly shiteing the bed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I am not sure if Bergy is the heart and soul of this team, but I get what you mean. Let me give you an example.

I've gotten chills from pride as a hockey fan twice. One of them was when Bergy, post-concussion, in the playoffs, dropped Josh Gorges (a guy I like...NO, it's game day, and he's a HAB, I HATE HIM, HE MUST DIE) in a fight. TKO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

If you offer that deal to Calgary for Iginla -- maybe.

Calgary may take it.  But Boston should not do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

ShuperMan , If you're going to trade that big you have to trade for a  proven winner. Why do you think players that have won the cup are so coveted.

Proven winners know what it takes and their effort is infectious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

[QUOTE]Ford, common man, you're gettin g RICK NASH in that fake proposal.  Anyone who wouldn't make the deal for a guy who is signed and a bona fied sniper in exchange for a pick and a very good second line center along with a 3rd line winger, is nuts.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    You mean this proposal?

To Columbus:
    - Patrice Bergeron
    - Mark Stuart
    - Joe Colborne/Jordan Caron
    - BOS 1st round pick (room for Columbus GM to negotiate up)
    - BOS 2nd round pick

To Boston:
    - Rick Nash
    - Conditional 4th round pick (dependant)

That is absolutely BONKERS NUTS!!!

A VERY GOOD 2nd line center (look at his stats and ice time, plus he plays both special teams WELL)
    Plus Stuart, a future contributing forward (Colbourne/Caron)
    AND a 1ST??? PLUS a SECOND???

For Nash and a 4th???

Absolutely CRAZY!

I have two works for you: Randy Moss.  You don't sell the farm to buy on prized cow.  Hockey is a team game, and you need depth to win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Alos did I mention that Bergy has 12pts in his last 11games?  Not bad for a 2nd liner...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Is this e-harmony?

If you want to make arguments about being able to do better with Bergeron's money, go to NHL.com and sort league scoring stats for centres - or all forwards if you want - and look at the guys who have more points than Bergeron.  He's 28th among C.  There are 30 teams in the league.  That means he'd be top scoring centre on at least 3 teams (Boston's one of them now).  Most of the guys above him are getting much more money or they're EL guys like Duchene and Skinner, or they're guys I wouldn't trade Bergeron for straight up like Derek Roy or Mike Ribiero.  What you think you should get for that money is nice.  What that money buys in this player market is what matters though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

The only reason there are Nash trade rumors is because first-year BJ's coach Arniel and Nash reportedly don't get along.  But since Nash is Columbus' ONLY drawing card, I don't see him being traded unless a similar big name goes the other way in return.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Rick Nash To Boston???:
    [QUOTE]This was brought to my attention from a buddy up in Canada who said this rumor is making the rounds and it has some legs from what he is hearing. Supposedly, Bruins would send Bergeron, Wheeler,Hamill and 1st rd pick (not sure if its ours or torontos) to Columbus for Nash and another player...Has anyone else heard this?? I'd do it in heartbeart...
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Sorry -- Tronto's 1st rounder should never be part of any deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I would trade anyone but Bergy, Rask, and Seguin for Nash.  If he played in a bigger market he would be a bonafide superstar. But, Columbus would be stupid if they moved him. They're trying to build the team around Mason and Nash.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

e-harmony

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I would trade anyone but Bergy, Rask, and Seguin for Nash.  If he played in a bigger market he would be a bonafide superstar. But, Columbus would be stupid if they moved him. They're trying to build the team around Mason and Nash.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Nash will be 5years retired by the time that rebuild is done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

To be a rebuild, don't you have to build something first?

I like Nash - really liked him with Thornton on Team Canada and at the Spengler - but he's paid like a 50+ guy when he's never topped the 41 he had in his second year.  He's another big winger who doesn't play as physically as you'd want, though he's most successful when he remembers that, with a head of steam, he's a bowling ball with feathery hands.

I'm not sure he'd be a good fit here.  Not for the ransom Columbus would have to get for that trade to go down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That ransom would include either Bergeron or Krejci. That's what Columbus would request and for all those that would say "no way " the Bruins would have to give up salary and it'll take more than Bergeron or Krejci. 
    Really not realistic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Make that 14 in his last 12 games.  Still want to give him up as a PIECE of a trade?  ahahaha!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

As much as I like Nash, living here in Columbus, I would never give up Bergy, wheeler and 1st round pick....Just awful to even consider that. Nash is good, but like it was said, he is the face of the BJ's.....Although that seems to be falling off, because he has absolutely NOONE worth a darn to play on his line....and many nights, you dont even realize he is out there. But, this sort of trade would have to be offered to pull him away from the BJ's....Nash is that imprortant to the team.....Definitely not a good trade for the B's and would make the BJ's better, but still missing something. I think Nash would be worth a Wheeler and a second rounder, but thats all I would give up, if I were the B's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]As much as I like Nash, living here in Columbus, I would never give up Bergy, wheeler and 1st round pick....Just awful to even consider that. Nash is good, but like it was said, he is the face of the BJ's.....Although that seems to be falling off, because he has absolutely NOONE worth a darn to play on his line....and many nights, you dont even realize he is out there. But, this sort of trade would have to be offered to pull him away from the BJ's....Nash is that imprortant to the team.....Definitely not a good trade for the B's and would make the BJ's better, but still missing something. I think Nash would be worth a Wheeler and a second rounder, but thats all I would give up, if I were the B's
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]
    Wheeler and a 2nd would be a ridiculously low offer though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Nash To Boston??? : Wheeler and a 2nd would be a ridiculously low offer though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I agree....So maybe throw in Ryder along with it....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Nash To Boston??? : Oh, I agree....So maybe throw in Ryder along with it....
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]
    And Hamill.......