RIck Nash!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

RIck Nash!

The super stud goal scorer has two more than Lucic.

Can #17 in black get a little more respect?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: RIck Nash!

Amen NAS, amen. Lucic also has three more than the pure sniper 'Chuk from the Devils.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nash vs Lucic. You are joking right?  Nash has to be ticked to be locked  in that losing environment. 

Lucic has had a nice year.  Consistancy is key. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to RIck Nash!:
    [QUOTE]The super stud goal scorer has two more than Lucic. Can #17 in black get a little more respect?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I'm a huge fan of Lucic but if Nash played with DK and Horton,I could see him having 45-50 right now.That's not a slight against Lucic as much as an acknowledgement of how good I think Nash is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The point by NAS is that everyone says "We need a sniper" "We need a scorer". Well we have one in Lucic that is underappreciated because he doesn't have that sniper look and gets in the dirty areas. It's hard to compare players but you have to admit Lucic is having a stellar season.

I had a guy tell me that he was disappointed in Lucic's season since he doesn't hit as much. I just shook my head. 1) No one will really go after a Lucic dump first because they know they're going to get blown up and 2) If he's scoring goals, who cares if he doesn't fight or hit that much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Compairing Lucic to a perennial 30-40 goal scorer playing on a bad expansion team is probably not the best idea. Should Lucic become a consistent 30 goal threat then I may change my mind....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No arguing the season Lucic is having.  But he also posted that we have no leader like Cam either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

I can't envision this team without Looch, which is not something I would have said after his injury-plagued year last season. First 30 goal scorer since Kessel. I'm glad Chiarelli and Julian have given him first line minutes this season. Now, if just one more young forward could rise up and pot 25-30 goals next season ...

Damn, I just found myself thinking about next season already. I must be a Bruins fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Like Shupe said, if Lucic can do this year in and year out then we can compare.
    Nash has an edge with his skating over Lucic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins81 wants Kessel to have more respect.  After all, he only has 2 less than Lucic.  And if you take away all Lucic's EN goals and easy goals and the goals when the goalie wasn't looking, that brings Lucic down to 4 goals.

Kessel is a good hockey player.  Just sayin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

In Response to Re: RIck Nash!:
    [QUOTE]Like Shupe said, if Lucic can do this year in and year out then we can compare. Nash has an edge with his skating over Lucic.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I give lucic a edge with physical play over nash. I'll also give an edge to Lucic in that he's about to go the playoff's again and again nash isnt. I dont want to here the excuses of expansion teams either. Tampa and Anahiem have won it allready. Ottowa and San Jose have been power houses at times. Columbus has had to many good draft picks to be this bad for this long.

Is there a single bruin on this team who played for them before the lock out?  I'm trying to think of a single player who was with them even the year after the lock out in what 2006 was it? Maybe thomas as a backup?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIck Nash! : I give lucic a edge with physical play over nash. I'll also give an edge to Lucic in that he's about to go the playoff's again and again nash isnt. I dont want to here the excuses of expansion teams either. Tampa and Anahiem have won it allready. Ottowa and San Jose have been power houses at times. Columbus has had to many good draft picks to be this bad for this long. Is there a single bruin on this team who played for them before the lock out?  I'm trying to think of a single player who was with them even the year after the lock out in what 2006 was it? Maybe thomas as a backup?
    Posted by puckhog9966[/QUOTE]
    Bergeron won MVP of the World Juniors during the lockout season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Bergeron and Thomas were here before the lock-out.

Lucic is having a GREAT year.  I HOPE he can keep at it, because it will prove me wrong.  I didnt think he had 30 in him honestly.  I figured him and Horton would be reversed.  Nobody can argue that Lucic is having a great year, but to compare him to Nash or even Kovalchuk is kind of ridiculous at this point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

You can't compare the years players are having? My bad I thought that went on all the time on these boards.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I was going to start a thread about Lucic.  I'm glad he's getting the recognition now.  No way a year ago I would have thought he's score 30.  Great job.  Give me 30 from him every year and I'd be happy.  As for comparisons to Nash... If he was offered straight up for Lucic I'd take it.  That says it all from my perspective. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: RIck Nash!:[QUOTE]In Response to RIck Nash! : I'm a huge fan of Lucic but if Nash played with DK and Horton,I could see him having 45-50 right now.That's not a slight against Lucic as much as an acknowledgement of how good I think Nash is. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

or you could put Nash with Savard he'd get 50 goals. Lucic has a great hard low shot he scores his goals in the slot. Nash can break a defense down without needing a center to feed him most of the time as Milan does.

As Legion mentioned when Lucic has multiple seasons in a row of 30 then we can do more of a comparison for now congrats to Lucic!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

if you compare his other stats such as PIMS, +/-, PCT, TOI vs everyone above him (in goals) its pretty impressive also.  I'll take a Looch 30 goal season over a kessel 30 goal season any day because he brings so much more to the table.  There is nobody with more goals than him that could stand up to him physically, thats a pretty good combo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to RIck Nash! : I'm a huge fan of Lucic but if Nash played with DK and Horton,I could see him having 45-50 right now.That's not a slight against Lucic as much as an acknowledgement of how good I think Nash is.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nash definitely does not have the sporting cast Lucic does. Nash would have as many or more goals, but he would also be more a team player, not that he isnt now, but I believe he has to be a little more selfish with the puck being on CBJ.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1. Don't assume that Nash would be better playing here - or anywhere - than he is in Columbus.  Re-read some of those statements above and tell me you didn't hear something similar about Nathan Horton when he was in Florida.  "Horton has to be ticked to be in that losing environment"; "Horton with player X would be a 40 goal scorer".  No one's equating Nash and Horton on talent, but the argument's the same and the results just might be as well - that is, Nash would be the same player with the same results here as in Columbus.

2. $4.1M vs. $7.8M until 2018.

3. Lucic is 22.  Saying he's as good as Nash is premature (unless you're making a prediction which, by definition, is something you say before the evidence bears it out).  But in the context of past discussions of how badly this team needs a player who produces like Nash?  Makes perfect sense.  And I wouldn't hesitate to speculate that Lucic probably has as many points and more goals than Nash if the Savard experiment hadn't happened and the KHL line had remained intact.

4.  Nash was the #1 overall pick who scored 41 goals in his second NHL season.  His talent level is huge.  That Lucic's performance merits comparison at all justifies the point of the thread:  Give the kid his due.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

BookBoy

I believe Horton is a 30-40 goal scorer. He has just been snake bitten this year...I feel he gets more chances to score and really good scoring chances at that. He's just been unlucky. He has 20 goals now and he just keeps playing hard. It would be one thing if he wasnt getting the chances, but he gets quality chances. Not one thing bad to say about Horton, I feel he has brought good play most games. Just unlucky, but not as unlucky as PJ Axelson. He always seemed to get good chances, but could rarely finish.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Look,

Everyone on here is extremely happy with Lucic's year.  I would guess that 90% of the people on here never thought he would score this many(me included).  But it is very difficult to compare players.  Nash can take a game over with one on one skill.  Lucic can't.  Lucic can take over a physical game with hits and fighting.  Nash can't.  I compare Lucic more with Stewart in St. Louis. 
    Nash is one of the premier players in the league and has done it year in year out since he arrived and has twice the skating ability as Lucic.
    What if Lucic's falls back next year and only nets 25.  Is that a failure on his part?  

I will be more than thrilled if he can keep a 25 goal pace every year.  We need him to carry the load.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The comparison is OK, but they are different players with different skill sets. Lucic's success is also due to Kreji and Horton, plus the chemistry as a line that has developed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]1. Don't assume that Nash would be better playing here - or anywhere - than he is in Columbus.  Re-read some of those statements above and tell me you didn't hear something similar about Nathan Horton when he was in Florida.  "Horton has to be ticked to be in that losing environment"; "Horton with player X would be a 40 goal scorer".  No one's equating Nash and Horton on talent, but the argument's the same and the results just might be as well - that is, Nash would be the same player with the same results here as in Columbus. 2. $4.1M vs. $7.8M until 2018. 3. Lucic is 22.  Saying he's as good as Nash is premature (unless you're making a prediction which, by definition, is something you say before the evidence bears it out).  But in the context of past discussions of how badly this team needs a player who produces like Nash?  Makes perfect sense.  And I wouldn't hesitate to speculate that Lucic probably has as many points and more goals than Nash if the Savard experiment hadn't happened and the KHL line had remained intact. 4.  Nash was the #1 overall pick who scored 41 goals in his second NHL season.  His talent level is huge.  That Lucic's performance merits comparison at all justifies the point of the thread:  Give the kid his due.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    BB,I've been accused of having a man-crush on Lucic due to my unwavering support of Lucic(even last year).I'm still onjective enough to know I'd trade him straight up for Nash(hypothetically with cash playing no part).In all honesty,most of my familiarity with Nash comes from international play where he's been generally outstanding.Bottom line is they're both great scoring big men.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Even without the cap-hit difference I would take Lucic over Nash.  Just not a big fan of Rick's game.  He's good, just not a player I would want to build a team around.  Lucic hasn't put up 30 for years, but since he is only 22 and was hurt last year that's hardly a surprise.  It doesn't surprise me that he has hit 30. Since he came into the league he has shown great character and desire to improve.  And he's got a sniper's touch.  Now he's also fast.  He's a star now and the best is probably yet to come.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

matt moulsen has back to back 30 goal seasons.  is he in the same league as nash as well? oh heck lets include ovie since he has had an off year. 

this is crazy.  nash has been a premier player since he arrived. 

Sections
Shortcuts