RIck Nash!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: RIck Nash!

In Response to Re: RIck Nash!:
    [QUOTE]Even without the cap-hit difference I would take Lucic over Nash.  Just not a big fan of Rick's game.  He's good, just not a player I would want to build a team around.  Lucic hasn't put up 30 for years, but since he is only 22 and was hurt last year that's hardly a surprise.  It doesn't surprise me that he has hit 30. Since he came into the league he has shown great character and desire to improve.  And he's got a sniper's touch.  Now he's also fast.  He's a star now and the best is probably yet to come.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    All things considered,I think you're right about Lucic.I feel the exact same way.Nash is just one of those players who I really enjoy watching.He just has a little more of that pull you out of your seat kind of skill set.He looks like he might go end to end every time he gets the puck with speed.Put it this way,a line of Nash,Horton and Lucic would be near unstoppable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If Rick Nash is a premier player becaues he scores 30 goals a season, then yes I guess you would have to include Moulsen in that category.  Ovie isn't in that category because he typically scores 50 or 60, not 30.  I think you're judging Nash's impact more on name value than actual results.  He is a very good scorer, but he doesn't generate goals, or team wins, at a rediculous level.

[QUOTE]matt moulsen has back to back 30 goal seasons.  is he in the same league as nash as well? oh heck lets include ovie since he has had an off year.  this is crazy.  nash has been a premier player since he arrived. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

he has scored 40 twice and 38 once and consistantly puts up 30.  7 yrs of this on a non-playoff team.  He also starred for Canada at the most recent olympics and will anchor them again in 3 yrs. 
    He is an elite player capible of taking over a game with his skill.  Lucic cannnot do this.  Put him on columbus and see what he does and if its anywhere close to the consistancy that Nash has done.

If Lucic can do it for more than one year and produce every year then great.  But Nash vs Lucic is laughable.  Lucic would agree.

Now put Nash on Boston and see what he does

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

How many empty netters does Nash have, because Lucic has 5....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Nash vs Lucic. You are joking right?  Nash has to be ticked to be locked  in that losing environment.  Lucic has had a nice year.  Consistancy is key. 

All I asked for was more respect for Lucic.  You guys ran with your own ideas here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Nash vs Lucic. You are joking right?  Nash has to be ticked to be locked  in that losing environment.  Lucic has had a nice year.  Consistancy is key. 

Add to that another reason that rhymes with wealth.  (Can't say it.  I'm superstitious.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIck Nash! : All I asked for was more respect for Lucic.  You guys ran with your own ideas here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't possibly respect Lucic any more than I do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Nash is a star.

Luc is a star, just accept it.

Comparisons are out the window, 2 different players, other than they can score as we are witnessing for the first time from Luc.

Had Luc not been injured last year early, he quite possibly would have had this year, last year.  Team Canada had him involved in their discussions to be on the team. It had to do with his playoff performance the year before as well as his junior heroics.  Everyone loves a winner, and you cannot beat a winner's attitude.  There is not a truthful hockey fan in the league that would not love to have the Big Luc on their team.

Luc has attitude in abundance and that includes a winning attitude, his experience is growing his game in leaps and bounds.

His game is not complete, but no player's ever is. My only beef with him and has been for a while is why doesn't he shoot more. He has 30 Goals and a 19.2% shooting.  He has accuracy and a wicked shot, he just needs to SHOOT!  This has been posted many times and for more players as well, but a def for Luc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIck Nash! : I couldn't possibly respect Lucic any more than I do.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Well, Dez, I guess this thread doesn't apply to you!  Oh, imagine that?  A thread that doesn't apply to you?  Can you handle it?  Can? You? Handle? It?

(gears)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIck Nash! : Well, Dez, I guess this thread doesn't apply to you!  Oh, imagine that?  A thread that doesn't apply to you?  Can you handle it?  Can? You? Handle? It? (gears)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    That's why I responded so many times.I couldn't grasp the concept that someone may not have been speaking directly to me.Great thread you started though.I'm all for Lucic getting his props after so many on this forum complained about his new contract(among other things).He's played so well he should almost be considered for the 7th player award.Obviously,I exaggerate but he's been head and shoulders above what many expected.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am more than happy with Lucic's season and I hope he does continue.  I see him as a guy who might drop back into the 25 goal mark.  BUT I see potential for him to hit 35 as well. 
    It isnt a slight against Lucic at all but he isnt in Nash's league.  Not close.  B/C he has 30 does this mean he is in the Sedins class?  Ovie?

Nash may be one of the top 5 in terms of consistancy(meaning bank on him for 30 plus per year).   Iggy is likely #1, Kovy, Ovie.  Nash would be in this grouping.  Would Lucic? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I am more than happy with Lucic's season and I hope he does continue.  I see him as a guy who might drop back into the 25 goal mark.  BUT I see potential for him to hit 35 as well.  It isnt a slight against Lucic at all but he isnt in Nash's league.  Not close.  B/C he has 30 does this mean he is in the Sedins class?  Ovie? Nash may be one of the top 5 in terms of consistancy(meaning bank on him for 30 plus per year).   Iggy is likely #1, Kovy, Ovie.  Nash would be in this grouping.  Would Lucic? 
    Hopefully.He's young and has improved every year since he was 16.With his work ethic,I expect his improvement to continue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It doesn't really matter to me what Nash did a few years ago any more than it matters to me if Lucic was popping zits in junior high.  Right now, I would take Lucic over Nash.  I think he is a better overall player and a much better character.  I don't expect everyone to agree, but to say the comparison is laughable is, in itself, laughable.  As the OP pointed out, Lucic is two goals behind Nash.  And to say Nash would have more on Boston, I don't know about that.  Nash gets 2 more minutes a game, and plays with good players in Brassard and Voracek.  I haven't seen to many high end players that played on lousy teams, were traded to good teams, and suddenly scored more.  I can't think of any actually.  Kovalchuk?  No.  Hossa?  No.  Kaberle?  Well, not yet :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIck Nash! : Hopefully.He's young and has improved every year since he was 16.With his work ethic,I expect his improvement to continue.

I am not denying that factor at all.  But every player has a plateau. I mean he can work on his skating till the cows come in and he still won't be as polished as the pure elite players and I think this is what stands in his way. 
    If Lucic doesnt have talent around him how many goals does he get?  can he create his own game or does he need someone feeding him the puck, can he turn a game around b/c of his talent level?  Personally I don't think so.  But I also believe he has a freakish sized body and has a nack for potting goals.  Plus I think his was taylor made to play in Boston. 

I mean the Nash comparison just isnt fair.  Nash was on Canada's top line.  He is disgustingly talented and can dominate a game on any given night with speed and talent. 

Anyway, all points have been made.  I am done.  Stupid cold has me tapping out early.  See ya'll tomorrow. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]It doesn't really matter to me what Nash did a few years ago any more than it matters to me if Lucic was popping zits in junior high.  Right now, I would take Lucic over Nash.  I think he is a better overall player and a much better character.  I don't expect everyone to agree, but to say the comparison is laughable is, in itself, laughable.  As the OP pointed out, Lucic is two goals behind Nash.  And to say Nash would have more on Boston, I don't know about that.  Nash gets 2 more minutes a game, and plays with good players in Brassard and Voracek.  I haven't seen to many high end players that played on lousy teams, were traded to good teams, and suddenly scored more.  I can't think of any actually.  Kovalchuk?  No.  Hossa?  No.  Kaberle?  Well, not yet :)

John Leclair.  Brett Hull, Jerome Iginla, Markus Naslund I can go on.

I wouldnt want you as a GM if you would honestly take Lucic over Nash.  Its fine to love the Bruins.  Nash for Lucic?  Lucic is a better overall player? Glad Yzerman didnt see it that way. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Voracek and Brassard have played a total combined how many games and years in the league? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

OK, this is just silly but I'll go through the excercise.  NONE of those players were stars that were traded and improved.  LeClair and Naslund were traded when they were role players and were given more time to shine with their new teams.  Hull could barely crack the Calgary lineup, and was traded to a WORSE team where he got the chance to play big minutes.  Iginla was traded before he ever played a game.  I said star player (already a star, getting lots of minutes, like the awesome Rick Nash) who was traded and got better with a better team.  These are examples of players who were traded from good teams to weak teams and excelled.  Please try again.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIck Nash! : John Leclair.  Brett Hull, Jerome Iginla, Markus Naslund I can go on. I wouldnt want you as a GM if you would honestly take Lucic over Nash.  Its fine to love the Bruins.  Nash for Lucic?  Lucic is a better overall player? Glad Yzerman didnt see it that way. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I guess you don't know who they are, but look them up.  They are highly touted young players who have comparable stats this year to Lucic's line.

[QUOTE]Voracek and Brassard have played a total combined how many games and years in the league? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]OK, this is just silly but I'll go through the excercise.  NONE of those players were stars that were traded and improved.  LeClair and Naslund were traded when they were role players and were given more time to shine with their new teams.  Hull could barely crack the Calgary lineup, and was traded to WORSE team where he got the chance to play big minutes.  Iginla was traded before he ever played a game.  I said star player (already a star, getting lots of minutes, like the awesome Rick Nash) who was traded and got better with a better team.  These are examples of players who were traded from good teams to weak teams and excelled.  Please try again. In Response to Re: RIck Nash! :
    I should stay out of this but I have to say that I would expect Nash to get more points in Boston due to depth.In Columbus,if you can shut down Nash's line,you generally win.In Boston he could hypothetically play on the 2nd line with Bergeron.Getting away from the opposition's top defenders every so often would have to be a good thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Oates,

Do I think Nash's numbers would improve on another team?  Yeah I do.  He has had zero talent around him.  I feel for him like I do Iginla.

Leclair won a cup you realize before he was dealt.  How about Gilmour?  How About Sundin?  There are actually a lot if you wanna dig into the teams of yesterday. 

No harm in being a fan of Lucic and not wanting to deal him.  But what totals do you think Lucic would have in columbus? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I guess you don't know who they are, but look them up.  They are highly touted young players who have comparable stats this year to Lucic's line. In Response to Re: RIck Nash! :
    Actually Voracek played in Halifax.  And I watch more than  just Bruins games.  Highly touted young players vs NHL experience.  And for the record.  Nash was putting up those numbers before them.  That was my point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIck Nash! : I should stay out of this but I have to say that I would expect Nash to get more points in Boston due to depth.In Columbus,if you can shut down Nash's line,you generally win.In Boston he could hypothetically play on the 2nd line with Bergeron.Getting away from the opposition's top defenders every so often would have to be a good thing.

Dez,

Bergie/Nash and whoever would get the top duties from every team in the league. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIck Nash! : Dez, Bergie/Nash and whoever would get the top duties from every team in the league. 
    Yeah,no doubt but there's no getting away from the matchup in Columbus.The opposition would still have to consider trying to shut down the Lucic-Krejci-Horton line.He'd have to get a little more breathing room.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I would have the biggest chub if Nash were on this roster.  he is an amazing talent. 

I am actually heading to Freddy Beach tomorrow.  UNB plays at 7 tomorrow so I am hoping its a blow out so I can get to a pub. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I would have the biggest chub if Nash were on this roster.  he is an amazing talent.  I am actually heading to Freddy Beach tomorrow.  UNB plays at 7 tomorrow so I am hoping its a blow out so I can get to a pub. 

You should stop by Old Triangle for a pint!

(that's all for my Halifax geography)

So, how about Lucic and those 30 goals.  He sure is keeping nice company, isn't he?  Loads of respect for him.   More deserved!  I should start a thread about that.

Sections
Shortcuts