Rick Nash

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rick Nash

Why cant he play every game like he did last night.  Was a beast out there.  Even dropped the flippers when he had enough.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Rick Nash

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why cant he play every game like he did last night.  Was a beast out there.  Even dropped the flippers when he had enough.   

[/QUOTE]

My my buddies & I were just talking about this over breakfast this morning. He can be so dominant when he wants to be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep $7.8M a year for 22 goals, 34 points in 54 games. Picks on 5'11' 185lb Matt Calvert when he decides to chuck em. While barely helping his team to 6th place. What a Rock Star!

Rask is overpaid ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He even went after Bobrovsky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxXy2n5Simo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep $7.8M a year for 22 goals, 34 points in 54 games. Picks on 5'11' 185lb Matt Calvert when he decides to chuck em. While barely helping his team to 6th place. What a Rock Star!

Rask is overpaid ?

[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to with how much he makes. Yes he gets paid way too much, but the point is that he can be dominant when he "wants to" that's the issue. Doesn't matter how big a player is. There's plenty of small guys that can handle themselves. Calvert is one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"but the point is that he can be dominant when he "wants to" "

Oh I thought that was an argument against Ovechkin.

Could you illustrate with some pics, Nite ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

"but the point is that he can be dominant when he "wants to" "

Oh I thought that was an argument against Ovechkin.

Could you illustrate with some pics, Nite ?

[/QUOTE]

Nash isn't the 2nd worse plus/minus guy in the league & isn't making 10mill. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How many more games will take for Nash to get 50 goals ?

125 ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How do those 50 goals help Ovechkin on the golf course?

Far as I'm concerned, a game like last night is an indictment of the way Nash plays 75% of the time, not something to celebrate.  If I'm Sather, Nash might as well have sent him an email saying Dear Slats, this is the kind of game you're paying me to play, but since I get paid the same regardless of how I play, thanks for the cheques. 

Ovechkin's failings are just more obvious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Rangers could be golfing as well. Then his goals per dollar, per month will help his swing on the courses. Beautiful illistration of Nash's toughness as he punches a goalie in the face.

What a bargain!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If your a Rangers fan, aren't you almost shaking your head today after watching him last night? He played like that last night, becuase he was emotionally invested in the game. Why is he not emotionally invested in every game? It took a game against his former team for him to play like that. To me, a game like that is bad for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If your a Rangers fan, aren't you almost shaking your head today after watching him last night? He played like that last night, becuase he was emotionally invested in the game. Why is he not emotionally invested in every game? It took a game against his former team for him to play like that. To me, a game like that is bad for him.

[/QUOTE]

My whole take is that it makes him an enigma like Kovalev was. Has it in him to do it, shows he can do it, but doesn't do it near enough. Still gets paid either way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How do those 50 goals help Ovechkin on the golf course?

Far as I'm concerned, a game like last night is an indictment of the way Nash plays 75% of the time, not something to celebrate.  If I'm Sather, Nash might as well have sent him an email saying Dear Slats, this is the kind of game you're paying me to play, but since I get paid the same regardless of how I play, thanks for the cheques. 

Ovechkin's failings are just more obvious.

[/QUOTE]

I'd take Ovi over Nash any day of the week. Nash takes way too many games off when it comes to effort. At least Ovi can score goals and hit. Nash, at 6' 4" hits less than Kessel

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Guys,  

Just ask yourself, "How did the Rangers do with Nash last playoffs?"  Seems to me like he is  a good player, just not a good team player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Slather makes Chiarelli look even more brilliant in comparison. What happens when a Bruin takes a night off too many times.. he gets a free night in the luxury box. What happens when a guy takes too many series off.. he gets shipped to a team that doesn't need playoff performers.

Glad Im a Bruins fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because most Rangers are a bunch of fat cats and it's contagious.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

The Rangers could be golfing as well. Then his goals per dollar, per month will help his swing on the courses. Beautiful illistration of Nash's toughness as he punches a goalie in the face.

What a bargain!

[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm not defending Nash.  I'm saying I'm just as critical of him as I am of Ovechkin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Rask is overpaid ?

[/QUOTE]

my entire point san is that the guy is a heck of a player when he wants to be   he should have batted bob long before that.  ps  i defended your ovi stance and always have.  16-3 .925 save percent.  didnt rask do similar when he was tt caddy.  cj gonna be paid like a rock star?  pretty sure its the bruins team and system over the goalie.  i have said this for a while that i think just an avg goalie would put up all star numbers here   thank you cj for making my point.

san  did you say malkin was the best player or was that nite?  malkin has 21 goals

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

shupe, Khudobin has comparable numbers playing behind the porous Carolina D.  Your only response to that has been "wait and see next year."  Okay, fine.  How about look at who Reacharound has faced to put up those numbers:

Buffalo x 3;  Carolina x 2;  CBJ x 2;  Florida x 2; NYI x 2;  Ottawa x2;  Edmonton x2;  NJD and Vancouver x 1 each.

Total games vs. bottom feeders and non-playoff teams - 17.

He played 2 more vs. the 4th worst team in terms of goals/game - LA.

The only two playoff bound teams he's started against and who aren't bottom 5 in league scoring are Toronto and just a couple of days ago against Colorado.  This is typical superstar on the bench territory where fans who know nothing start clamouring for the backup because he's been good against teams who can't score on a shooter-tutor.  Don't be that guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And I agree on your main Nash point. It is exactly the point with Ovechkin.  Sometimes you watch these guys and wonder how anyone ever stops them.  Then you realize no one does.  They stop.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

Rask is overpaid ? [/QUOTE]

my entire point san is that the guy is a heck of a player when he wants to be     ps  i defended your ovi stance and always have.

san  did you say malkin was the best player or was that nite?  malkin has 21 goals [/QUOTE]

Wasn't that the criticism of Ovi - He takes shifts off ?

Yes Malkins goals are down but he is a point per game player, 72 points in 59 games. My point was if some, maybe not you, were to criticize Ovechkin for not always being a two-player, you have to criticize Nash for not playing all shifts and not living up to his contract or his playing ability.

For some to say "were not talking about his contract". Sure we are always talking about PPG for players like this, has to be brought up. Nash, Malkin, Rask and Ovechkin are paid to help carry there teams. Three of those players are doing it, one is not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Rangers are about $9M below the cap.  it makes no difference if Nash is making $4.8M or $7.8M.  He is certainly producing.  23 goals in 55 games is 34 goals in 82 games.  Not the best you'll find out there, but he is also playing on the new New Jersey Devils.  Defense comes first, second, third...99th, 10,108th etc.

Despite missing 17 games, he leads the team in goals, second place coming in at 17.  What a joke that is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

shupe, Khudobin has comparable numbers playing behind the porous Carolina D.  Your only response to that has been "wait and see next year."  Okay, fine.  How about look at who Reacharound has faced to put up those numbers:

Buffalo x 3;  Carolina x 2;  CBJ x 2;  Florida x 2; NYI x 2;  Ottawa x2;  Edmonton x2;  NJD and Vancouver x 1 each.

Total games vs. bottom feeders and non-playoff teams - 17.

He played 2 more vs. the 4th worst team in terms of goals/game - LA.

The only two playoff bound teams he's started against and who aren't bottom 5 in league scoring are Toronto and just a couple of days ago against Colorado.  This is typical superstar on the bench territory where fans who know nothing start clamouring for the backup because he's been good against teams who can't score on a shooter-tutor.  Don't be that guy.

[/QUOTE]

And who did rask get when he was in his mop up role.  Khudo win loss is not comparible.  I know lots put a lot of stock in save%.  But this is a homer stat.  Ive seen the bruins dominate games yet rask still has 30 + shots.   Give me the good old w/l and gaa.  Thats all i need to see.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rask is overpaid ?

my entire point san is that the guy is a heck of a player when he wants to be     ps  i defended your ovi stance and always have.

san  did you say malkin was the best player or was that nite?  malkin has 21 goals

Wasn't that the criticism of Ovi - He takes shifts off ?

Yes Malkins goals are down but he is a point per game player, 72 points in 59 games. My point was if some, maybe not you, were to criticize Ovechkin for not always being a two-player, you have to criticize Nash for not playing all shifts and not living up to his contract or his playing ability.

For some to say "were not talking about his contract". Sure we are always talking about PPG for players like this, has to be brought up. Nash, Malkin, Rask and Ovechkin are paid to help carry there teams. Three of those players are doing it, one is not.

[/QUOTE]

Malkin has stunk this year.  He stunk at the olympics.  Yet you bash crosby who has lead his team.   how is rask carrying this team?   

PS. I dont think any goalie can carry a team.  Kipper is likely the last example of a guy that just didnt have much help.  It was iggy and kipper.  

PSS.  I dont think nash has lived up to that deal.  Nor has Richard.  I was just very impressed with Nash last night.  He was awesome.  And can play that way.  But doesnt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I would hate to have a PPG player and a 50 goals scorer on my team.

That stinks!

PS. Ference carried Calgary

Sections
Shortcuts