Right Now, Bruins / Blue Jacket first Round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Right Now, Bruins / Blue Jacket first Round

I know it's early, and since all the other topics are stale, why not.

I kind of hope they do make it in, as they have had so many years of mediocrity. It would be a good match up, and a chance for CBJ to learn how play-off hockey is played. 

Their GA is not very good, and they score enough, a total of +6, GF/GA. Seems like a deep team lines wise, but not a lot of high end scoring to worry about. Other than Stanley's new FAV boy crush, Johansen, and possibly Horton, they seem like they can be contained.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Right Now, Bruins / Blue Jacket first Round

I would like this matchup. Get it done lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bring on Horton.  I would love to boo him.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

According to ESPN playoff scenarios(i know,i know), the B's would meet Montreal in the first round , Columbus would play the Rags.Either way i would prefer the Blue Jackets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well if the playoffs started today, it would be Montreal Boston in the first round. (Perry, it's not 2 vs. 7 anymore)

I wouldn't have a problem with that - they're always epic series.

But there are 7 teams battling for the last Wild card and the the last spot in the Met, and tthe Habs are far from a lock in that spot as well as the could either fall or bump Toronto down. Thos last 2 or 3 spots are going to come down to the wire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Careful watch you wish for but I would love for the Bruins to face Bobrovsky.

Even Iginla would score.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Careful watch you wish for but I would love for the Bruins to face Bobrovsky.

Even Iginla would score.

And score & score & score & score..................... he would just be getting warmed up! %^D

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's becoming clearer now just how much more difficult getting out the first round will be for some of the better clubs under the new system. Fine 1 would still play 8, but then 2 will play 5 and 3 plays 4 with 6 vs. 7. Teams 2 through five in the East - Boston, Tampa, Toronto, Montreal - as it sits right now are going to have a tougher first round matchup then they would have had in the past, while 6 and 7 dodge the top seeds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

It's becoming clearer now just how much more difficult getting out the first round will be for some of the better clubs under the new system. Fine 1 would still play 8, but then 2 will play 5 and 3 plays 4 with 6 vs. 7. Teams 2 through five in the East - Boston, Tampa, Toronto, Montreal - as it sits right now are going to have a tougher first round matchup then they would have had in the past, while 6 and 7 dodge the top seeds.

I guess a wild card team could end up with more points than one of the top three finishers in one of the divisions, so statistically a top seed could play a tougher team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well that could well be the case by the end of the weekend or so depending on how the games go. I think there's a chance in the next few days for the 2nd and third teams in the Met to drop to 8th and 9th in the conference, so then 1 would play 6, 2 would play 5, 3 vs 4, 8 vs 9, and 7 would miss the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The way the standings are as of today is the way I expect it to finish in the East. I don't see the current teams from 9-13 getting in. I expect Murray and Slats to very agressive in the weeks after the Olympic break.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't know San, I think it's still way too volatile - both Columbus and Ottawa could be on the outside looking in by the end of the day today, and I doubt Holland is going to just sit on his hands either. By the end of the weekend Detroit could be 3 points out of third with two games in hand. NYR are likely safe though thanks to the miserable Met division.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Blue Jackets are really starting to impress me. murray seems to pull the trigger on the right trades to get his team going like last year. Everytime Detroit seems to get going they lose a player or Howard takes a nose dive. Can't underestimate Holland though, man always has a plan.

For many reasons I just don't see Philly, Carolina, New Jersey nor Washington.

Thanks for the update on the how the seedings worked.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Does it really matter who they play.series will go 7 games seventh game will go to overtime,maybee they win maybee they don't,we have all been down that road before

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I want Montreal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I want Montreal.

Preatty sure announcers last night said with this loss Rask was 2-10 vs habs if true makes me a little nervous don't know if Rask could steel a game 7 against them,so im taking some body else.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I want Montreal.

Preatty sure announcers last night said with this loss Rask was 2-10 vs habs if true makes me a little nervous don't know if Rask could steel a game 7 against them,so im taking some body else.

1. I don't believe that past records like that have anything to do with future games. 

2. I like big risk/reward playoffs series.  They're the best.

3. You don't hope and pray to avoid your biggest rivals.  You confront them.

4. The Bruins are better than the Habs.

Hope we get em' in the playoffs.  Although it does mean that half of the posters here are gonna act like a bunch of p***ies who get all hysterical in the face of a little drama and adversity.  For the other half, it will be great.

Ole?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Huge overreaction.  The habs have been awful lately.  They started their 2nd string goalie.  I thought they were going to mail it in.  And so did a lot of other people.  The Bruins were flying and door mats came to town.

But the Habs came out flying, got some breaks, capitalized on mistakes, got their acts together on the pp and pk and played well.

Caught the Bruins asleep at the switch.  In some ways it was a perfect setup.

Sometimes you need to relearn the old lessons, there are no easy wins in the nhl, but the Bruins forgot that given their last 3 games.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

I want Montreal.

Fletch easy there I admire your guts but caution 

Hey, I'm not saying "I know they'll win".  They might lose.

But I want the series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I want Montreal.

Fletch easy there I admire your guts but caution 

The year the B's won the Cup they had to go through Montreal and were even down 2 games going back to their barn.The B's won and the rest is history, regular season means absolutely nothing other than the Bruins lost to them in the regular seasonTthe Lerfs nearly beat the B's last year and the Bruins owned them all year.If its the Scabs,so be it,bring em' on!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I don't think Columbus will make the playoffs but if they did bruins would take it quite fast

Thought that against Leafs and before that Wash,don't think any team will be fast,seems to take the Bruins awhile to get going.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't know how anyone could not want to see the Bruins vs. Habs in the playoffs. Yes it's gutwrenching and nerve racking, but it's the Bruins and the Habs in the playoffs. Professional hockey doesn't get any better than that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I don't know how anyone could not want to see the Bruins vs. Habs in the playoffs. Yes it's gutwrenching and nerve racking, but it's the Bruins and the Habs in the playoffs. Professional hockey doesn't get any better than that.

Just not the first round please.

Sections
Shortcuts