R.I.P ATDHE.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: R.I.P ATDHE.

In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE.:
    [QUOTE]Things cost money.  Anyone can watch any game they want.  Just pay for it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Sure.
    And if the system was fair, then more people would pay for it.

People realize when they are not being treated fairly, and they are not by today's cable companies.

Just one example, but there are many.  Lose service.  1) You must contact them to be reimbursed for your loss of service.  2) You are reimbursed at this rate: as if you were watching 24x7, so if you pay $31 a month you would get 50 cents if you lost service.  They say they can't tell how much you are watching so that is supposedly fair, yet it is impossible for someone to stay awake 24x7.  And grant them the 24x7 argument, then you should be reimbursed automatically since the theory is that you are watching 24x7.

So you would say go to another cable provider, but they all do the same thing.  So the option is not to watch.

How many of you people are looking to watch a game on tv for free?  And how many of you are trying to get free food, clothes or jewelry?  You are probably not making much of an effort to get the latter stuff for free, but you will try to get your media for free.  I think that's because you have a choice of buying food and clothes and most other stuff, but with cable tv there really isn't much choice.  And it is overpriced.  And they don't treat their customers fairly.

I don't complain about ticket prices, I believe I get what I pay for and it's fair. 

Plus, those of us who remember last century can recall something called an antenna where you could get everything "for free."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : Sure. And if the system was fair, then more people would pay for it. People realize when they are not being treated fairly, and they are not by today's cable companies. Just one example, but there are many.  Lose service.  1) You must contact them to be reimbursed for your loss of service.  2) You are reimbursed at this rate: as if you were watching 24x7, so if you pay $31 a month you would get 50 cents if you lost service.  They say they can't tell how much you are watching so that is supposedly fair, yet it is impossible for someone to stay awake 24x7.  And grant them the 24x7 argument, then you should be reimbursed automatically since the theory is that you are watching 24x7. So you would say go to another cable provider, but they all do the same thing.  So the option is not to watch. How many of you people are looking to watch a game on tv for free?  And how many of you are trying to get free food, clothes or jewelry?  You are probably not making much of an effort to get the latter stuff for free, but you will try to get your media for free.  I think that's because you have a choice of buying food and clothes and most other stuff, but with cable tv there really isn't much choice.  And it is overpriced.  And they don't treat their customers fairly. I don't complain about ticket prices, I believe I get what I pay for and it's fair.  Plus, those of us who remember last century can recall something called an antenna where you could get everything "for free."
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Two balcony seats to the TDGarden for one game will end up costing over $150 when all is said and done.

A full season of hundreds of games in your living room will cost the same.  I think the price is very, very fair.  For those who don't want to pay it, well, that's life.  The same people go to Dunkin' Donuts every morning all year long and spend $700+ on coffee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : Two balcony seats to the TDGarden for one game will end up costing over $150 when all is said and done. A full season of hundreds of games in your living room will cost the same.  I think the price is very, very fair.  For those who don't want to pay it, well, that's life.  The same people go to Dunkin' Donuts every morning all year long and spend $700+ on coffee.

IMO those are 2 entirely different products.
    Would compare watching Cameron Diaz on tv or see her in person  pressed up against plexiglass in front of your seat?
    The cost of those 2 products cannot be reasonably compared.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : Two balcony seats to the TDGarden for one game will end up costing over $150 when all is said and done. A full season of hundreds of games in your living room will cost the same.  I think the price is very, very fair.  For those who don't want to pay it, well, that's life.  The same people go to Dunkin' Donuts every morning all year long and spend $700+ on coffee.
    NAS I agree with you, and in fact I would be willing to pay two or three times that amount. Unfortunately, I am not even given that option. It's frustrating, but until the NHL recognizes they have fans outside of NA and Northern Europe, watching online is my ONLY option

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from khilborn. Show khilborn's posts

Another good site found since I too use to use channelsurffing -

VODKASPORTS.COM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SluggyBuggy. Show SluggyBuggy's posts

This websites better any other I've ever found, far better than ATDHE was
    click "NHL Today" 
    theres usually at least 3 different streams for each game, some hd

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Well, I agree with red and others that it is different if the service is not available (like overseas).  Then you do whatever you've got to in order to find the games.

But ultimately I still agree with NAS.  What an age we live in where I can watch every Bruins game of the season, in HD, on my couch in Denver, along with hundreds of other games from all over N. America, and I can record any games that I would miss, and can even fast forward the commercials!  All that for less than $200 a year!!  It's the greatest deal ever.  TV options and quality for sports have never, ever been so good for the consumer.  For a big hockey fan, Center Ice is worth every penny.  I couldn't be more satisfied with that deal.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I agree with red and others that it is different if the service is not available (like overseas).  Then you do whatever you've got to in order to find the games. But ultimately I still agree with NAS.  What an age we live in where I can watch every Bruins game of the season, in HD, on my couch in Denver, along with hundreds of other games from all over N. America, and I can record any games that I would miss, and can even fast forward the commercials!  All that for less than $200 a year!!  It's the greatest deal ever.  TV options and quality for sports have never, ever been so good for the consumer.  For a big hockey fan, Center Ice is worth every penny.  I couldn't be more satisfied with that deal.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

*sighs* HD... I'm so jealous.

Come on NHL and let those of us who live in the rest of the world (or spend time there like myself) have some sort of consumer option. Would it be that hard to have a high quality pay streaming hooked up to NHL.com that was available without international blocks? I can't even watch the Yahoo streams (which the NHL does get revenue from) because of overseas blocks. How does that make sense? Or is everyone in the rest of the world just supposed to watch cricket and soccer and be content with that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : *sighs* HD... I'm so jealous. Come on NHL and let those of us who live in the rest of the world (or spend time there like myself) have some sort of consumer option. Would it be that hard to have a high quality pay streaming hooked up to NHL.com that was available without international blocks? I can't even watch the Yahoo streams (which the NHL does get revenue from) because of overseas blocks. How does that make sense? Or is everyone in the rest of the world just supposed to watch cricket and soccer and be content with that?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

The NHL is having a difficult time selling it's product to the majority of the USA.   I doubt they're spending much time thinking of the Barcelona overnight numbers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : The NHL is having a difficult time selling it's product to the majority of the USA.   I doubt they're spending much time thinking of the Barcelona overnight numbers.

African overnights, but close enough. ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : African overnights, but close enough. ;)
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Of all of the places ON EARTH the NHL might be concerned with, I will guess Africa is the last.  Dead, absolute last.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

This post was started by someone informing other users, of internet streaming issues.
    Not sure why anyone that does not use these sites, would feel the need to offer any comments, or judgements.
       I work steady afternoons, so it would be ridiculous to pay for games that I can't watch.
    I don't feel the need to go to church Sunday, to be forgiven for watching the bruins, on-line saturday night. 
    With what I pay for TV & the internet, I don.t ever feel like I am getting anything for "free".
    I'm still waiting for the promise of, "commercial free TV", that was to become a reality, when we started to pay for our TV signal.
    Any day now, right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : Of all of the places ON EARTH the NHL might be concerned with, I will guess Africa is the last.  Dead, absolute last.
    All they have to do is make the streams available online for a fee and it wouldn't matter if I lived in the Shire or Xanadu. It would open them up to every hockey fan on the planet and gain them revenue. It's not a difficult fix - but until that happens, I'm watching it however I can and I won't feel guilty. Seriously I can get every game online, but I can't pay to see them even if I was willing to?  (which I am) How does that make sense? I've watched all 51 games so far and the league, through their own ineptitude, has not received a penny from me.

I get that your point about paying for it is directed towards those who have that as an option. My contention is simply that given the state of communication these days, everyone should be able to pay for it and get the feeds. My only option is to get it pirated. That's a loss of revenue for the league. If I can watch it live from 4,000 miles away on some web site, there's no reason I couldn't watch it live from 4,000 miles away on a web site that generates revenue for the league. I love this product and as such have no problem handing my money over in order to receive the product. There's just no cashier yet.

PS
    NAS, did you miss the part where I said "I agree with you"?

PSS
    I'd hazard a guess that Antartica is absolutely dead last ;) Africa's a close second.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : I don't think that's true.  All I saw or maybe all I noticed was broadcast tv on athde.net. I don't think it was a competitor to Center Ice.  No way I'd pay to watch the leafs play (anyone other than the Bruins), so it is not as if Center Ice is losing me.  Next, the picture quality was horri-bad. It was ok for when the Bruins were on tv and I wanted to watch something between periods and during tv timeouts (they would keep me glued if they only showed Kathryn Tappin all that time). Better than listening to it on the radio, watching the scores on espn will just about fill the void.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

What I am saying is, there is no internet regulation stopping someone from uploading a live game to their own website.

That's what atdhe.net is/was.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Oh and for those touting the cable packages, remember that that cost is on top of cable.  For those of us that have no interest in paying $800-$1000 a year for a service they won't really use, adding another $200 just for hockey is ludicrous.  That's why not having an option to pay providers directly to watch games that are being streamed online anyways (for out-of-market people that don't have blackouts) is just stupid ... but also a result of cable company clout.  I think we may be in at the beginning of an 'adapt or die' stage for cable companies though.  Maybe we will see some sensible change soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : NAS I agree with you, and in fact I would be willing to pay two or three times that amount. Unfortunately, I am not even given that option. It's frustrating, but until the NHL recognizes they have fans outside of NA and Northern Europe, watching online is my ONLY option
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Here, here Red!!
    I'm in Panama City, Panama and I'm a die hard B's fan! Not easy to get my hockey fix! I tried to find out if I can purchase Center Ice for NHL.com and it seems impossible. So these sites are our only options!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Again folks, I am not judging people who watch games online or do not want the center ice package.  Just saying that in my experience Center Ice is worth the money for me and I don't begrudge the NHL for attempting to protect that investment from free internet streaming that might prevent people from buying the product.  If you are not authorized to stream somebody else's program, than it is against the law.

That said, if I lived in Africa or Panama, I would be doing the same thing as red and would watch games anywhere I could.

And bigskye, that is kind of how this forum works -- one person posts a topic and other people post opinions on that topic.  That is what happens in this, and every other thread.  I'm surprised you are upset by that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: R.I.P ATDHE. : Of all of the places ON EARTH the NHL might be concerned with, I will guess Africa is the last.  Dead, absolute last.

????
    Given the business model that I believe the NHL is using, the Nairobi Lions and the Mexico City Aztecs are the next cities most ripe for NHL expansion.

Expansion to Hamilton, Quebec City or Winnipeg.  That's just silly.

How about expansion to Toronto?  The only professional hockey they get to see are visiting NHL teams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tylerwhidden. Show tylerwhidden's posts

http://deadspin.com/5749841/last-nights-winner-homeland-security-hates-sports

Check out the last paragraph

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]http://deadspin.com/5749841/last-nights-winner-homeland-security-hates-sports Check out the last paragraph
    Posted by tylerwhidden[/QUOTE]
    Apparently that might be a scam site with malware, and the real new site is atdhenet dot tv.  Seems like we will need to keep our anti-viral software on high alert for a while.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

BadHab, did you see the CBC Players Poll question?

"Which Canadian city deserves an NHL franchise - Quebec City, Hamilton, Toronto or Winnipeg?"

Quebec 53%
    Winnipeg 25%
    Hamilton 5%....and

Toronto (2nd team) 16%   16% !!!

I was born and raised in Southern Ontario (now in NB) but that would s#ck bigtime for the other cities if the players had their way.