Robin Lehner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Robin Lehner

I have seen him play a few times in the AHL.  He's been absolutely amazing.

I'm a big fan of his skills.  I wish he wasn't playing against Boston tonight!

(I know there is a game thread, but I wanted to make this player a point of interest so people don't think he's just another bag of hammers and watch him play closely.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Robin Lehner

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I have seen him play a few times in the AHL.  He's been absolutely amazing.

I'm a big fan of his skills.  I wish he wasn't playing against Boston tonight!

(I know there is a game thread, but I wanted to make this player a point of interest so people don't think he's just another bag of hammers and watch him play closely.)

I always liked his game actually.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well on this today last year he shut out the Bruins , in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think he is very close to Khudo...not there yet but after tonight's game he has gone up again...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

With Anderson, Bishop and Lehner, the Sens are in good shape in goal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Yes great goalies...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Strange that no one has yet gone to criticizing Brian Murray for not moving one of his three goaltenders in order to address the huge gaps in their lineup. 

Lehner should be in Ottawa.  I think the Senators are keeping him in the minors to see what they have in Bishop.  One of them will be gone at year's end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

He looks very solid they should trade Anderson..tough to say that with his stats this year but with the disciplined style they play I think they could trade Anderson to bring something else they might need and still be a good team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

He looks very solid they should trade Anderson..tough to say that with his stats this year but with the disciplined style they play I think they could trade Anderson to bring something else they might need and still be a good team.

Take the best of the three and trade him...?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Yes great goalies...

Not quite sure I'd call Bishop a great goalie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Strange that no one has yet gone to criticizing Brian Murray for not moving one of his three goaltenders in order to address the huge gaps in their lineup. 

Lehner should be in Ottawa.  I think the Senators are keeping him in the minors to see what they have in Bishop.  One of them will be gone at year's end.

Are trades that easy to make ?

Teams are probably trying to rape Murray for one of his goalies knowing the injury problems the Sens have.

I'm thinking an offer he would like hasn't come his way yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chowdah, keep logic out of this.

I'm not surprised that he hasn't made a trade - all sorts of good reasons for it not to have happened - I'm just surprised that no one has been calling for it.  I haven't heard a single talking head say "you know, the Senators are wasting assets by having three goalies in the top 10 in save percentage when they badly need top six forwards/top four D."  I haven't even heard that from trade monkeys.

Murray's no rookie.  I think you're right and he'll let the market come to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Chowdah, keep logic out of this.

I'm not surprised that he hasn't made a trade - all sorts of good reasons for it not to have happened - I'm just surprised that no one has been calling for it.  I haven't heard a single talking head say "you know, the Senators are wasting assets by having three goalies in the top 10 in save percentage when they badly need top six forwards/top four D."  I haven't even heard that from trade monkeys.

Murray's no rookie.  I think you're right and he'll let the market come to him.

Book, I agree that he'll most likely trade a goalie. I'm just thinking the trade market hasn't opened up yet. The offers ( if any ) are probably not as good as what he'll eventually get.

When you're winning as the Sens have been, being patient for the right deal to come along is easier also.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Oldest and most expensive yes if they get thks kind of goaltending they got tonite from lehner and bishop why not

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Lehner played very well and almost stoned the Bruins. Rask played even better as there were numerous Bruins breakdowns. Bourque still plays like an AHL er. Makes a great save at the blue line, then gives it away on a poor pass.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Oldest and most expensive yes if they get thks kind of goaltending they got tonite from lehner and bishop why not

You mean like the Bruins did with Thomas? Glad you weren't the B's GM in 2011.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I don't recall anything amazing about Lehner against the B's.  Can't remember a stop where I was like, WOW, he robbed so and so.  He made a shoulder save on Seguin that was pretty good, but I think it was more of a positional save.  Tuukka made 2 stops that I can remeber being nice.  The toe kick and the break away snuff out.  I don't necessarily think that it matters who is in net for the Sens right now.  They are playing a great defensive team game in front of all of their goalies.  The D are big and they clean up the front of the net very well.  The forwards are batttling hard all over the ice.  Although the Bruins had many shots, many Bruins were on their back side when trying to fish for rebounds.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

I don't recall anything amazing about Lehner against the B's.  Can't remember a stop where I was like, WOW, he robbed so and so.  He made a shoulder save on Seguin that was pretty good, but I think it was more of a positional save.  Tuukka made 2 stops that I can remeber being nice.  The toe kick and the break away snuff out.  I don't necessarily think that it matters who is in net for the Sens right now.  They are playing a great defensive team game in front of all of their goalies.  The D are big and they clean up the front of the net very well.  The forwards are batttling hard all over the ice.  Although the Bruins had many shots, many Bruins were on their back side when trying to fish for rebounds.  

Amazing robbery saves aren't required to be a great goaltender.  If he faced 44 shots and gave up one goal headed to OT, his positioning must have been fantastic.  And it was.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Amazing robbery saves aren't required to be a great goaltender.  If he faced 44 shots and gave up one goal headed to OT, his positioning must have been fantastic.  And it was.

Lehner's read on the angles was very impressive. He looked like a geometry expert.

Sections
Shortcuts