Rolston continues to roll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Rolston continues to roll

So glad he continues his resurgence as a Bruin again. I suspect when it's said and done, the nay sayers here will have changed their tune about the B's getting him at the deadline.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Rolston continues to roll

What kind of numbers make him a good or bad pickup?

Just curious what expectations are...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Point or more a game, is good by me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Rolston continues to roll:
    [QUOTE]So glad he continues his resurgence as a Bruin again. I suspect when it's said and done, the nay sayers here will have changed their tune about the B's getting him at the deadline.....
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

If they havent already, they never will.  What he has provided to date is worth more than the two career AHL'ers we gave up.  Everything else = :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Somebody asked last week on Hockey Central who was the best deadline pickup and Gord Stellick said Rolston....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd agree. Who else has made a similar impact?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Gaustad's good too, but I like Rolston for his speed and shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Colorado ultimately lacked the horses to make the playoffs, but they were a vastly different club with Downie and McGinn, who both put up Rolston-like numbers from the deadline on.

But back to Rolston.  Point a game is loopy.  Krejci didn't have that last year.  His contribution is more than numbers - it's wins.  They win and he is playing a key role on that third line and on the PP?  Great add regardless of his final tally.

Give Chiarelli a big check mark for that win, too.  The three players who touched the puck for the game winner are all him: Kelly at the deadline last year, Rolston at the deadline this year, and Pouliot off of the project slush pile in the off-season.  That's solid managing right there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

That 3rd line will be the difference in the playoffs.  When they're on there's not a team that can match up.  

Kelly is good for Pouliot.  Kelly would be good for any one really.  But it seems to me that Pouliot doesn't slack off when he's with Kelly.

I loved Rolston then and I love him now.  All-round player.  I think I even saw him throw a nice check last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

And Rolston made a helluva defensive play last night, in the first period I think. Might've saved a goal. At the very least it prevented a good scoring chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If the Bruins hadn't picked up Rolston, i would be very nervous about their chances now with Horton out. He gives Boston a very solid third line. He may not be the absolute best pickup, but he could be the one that has the most impact since he went to Boston. His addition could truly mean the difference between success or failure. He already had an impact in the deadlocked game one with a nice breakout, setting up the winner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rolston is beneficial for his experience and basic skills. He is not what he used to be, so don't get carried away, but he does add value

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Basic skills? Rolston was the perfect fit on that 3rd line. I'd say that the chemistry that he has with Pouliot and Kelly has been THE KEY to the Bruins turnaround in the last 10-15 games, as they were the primary offensive catalysts.

It's obvious that you like Caron, but Caron is still very raw. Rolston is still a better player now than Caron is.

Don't rush it with Caron...When Marchand was 21, I'm pretty sure that he hadn't even scored a goal in the NHL yet, and now at the age of 23 or 24, he's one of the Bruins best offensive players. He'll get there, but nobody is coming out of the lineup for him right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Given his cannon of a shot, I was expecting his biggest contribution would be to improve our horrible PP... but if he continues to make our 3rd line a threat, so be it and I hope he retires a Bruins with another Cup!

Sections
Shortcuts