Rolston-Kelly-Pouliot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Rolston-Kelly-Pouliot

I like this line very much.

Why, because they can all skate. When they skate they make things happen. Hardly get caught out of position. They look for one another. They can all shoot the puck (maybe Kelly not so much).

Nice line to have in the playoffs. With this line the Bruins could field five lines, if Horton comes back, even if he doesn't. Isn't that just grand for the long grind of the playoffs. Which other team can make this claim? None.

Come on, playoffs!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Rolston-Kelly-Pouliot

Kelly is the key component of this line. He makes the other two better. But they all make each other really good. Good chemistry. Took Rolo some shuffling and a several games to find his rythm. Same thing happened to Pevs and Kelly last year. Took both of them some line shuffling until CJ put them together and they clicked. CJ always keeps changing and trying stuff until he finds what works. Ya some of you dont think he does enough of that, but I bet it happens more in practice than it games. But it does take time to find what works.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kelly is the definitive catalyst, and speed is their best asset. If only Pouliot could become more consistent. He's had the ice time, and he is better than he was when he was falling and mishandling pucks. Rolston is also geting his game legs back, and he has always had a good shot. This line is also perfect for Peverly who is not as skilled a sniper, or bruiser, as is needed on the first two lines. Caron is improving his goal front presence in every game. The defense is more responsible with Zanon replacing Corvo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Pouliot is too inconsistent for my liking, but I think Peverley or even Caron would be good on that line as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Pouliot , while playing his best hockey of his career,  has to keep it up . Otherwise I can see Paille back on the 4th line . Both Caron and Peverley have clicked with Kelly also therefore that line can be broken up. It'll be hard to convince Julien.

This brings me to Kelly and how important he is for this lineup.  I hope Chiarelli realizes this and does his best to re-sign Kelly. It's a must. 
    If they thought replacing Recchi's leadership was hard to replace this season it'll be even tougher to replace a Kelly for what he brings to the team.

This is music to my ears:

“I had no question in my mind that I could still produce in this league,’’ said Rolston, now 3-8-11 over the last six games. “I’m not over the hill yet.’’

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

It's hard not to like these three together. If the Bruins were to play Washington let's say, would there be a possibilty Thornton sits and Paille plays with Caron and Campbell on the fourth. It wil get really intersting if Horton could ever come back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston-Kelly-Pouliot:

This is music to my ears: “I had no question in my mind that I could still produce in this league,’’ said Rolston, now 3-8-11 over the last six games. “I’m not over the hill yet.’’
    Posted by BsLegion

If the Bruins cannot sign Kelly, don't you think Rolston would be an adequate, temporary replacement for a year or two? I do.

Also, Pouliot and Rolston have some history together - in Minnesota.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Neat observation. I forgot about those Wild times.

In Response to Re: Rolston-Kelly-Pouliot : If the Bruins cannot sign Kelly, don't you think Rolston would be an adequate, temporary replacement for a year or two? I do. Also, Pouliot and Rolston have some history together - in Minnesota.
    Posted by Wheatskins

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston-Kelly-Pouliot : If the Bruins cannot sign Kelly, don't you think Rolston would be an adequate, temporary replacement for a year or two? I do. Also, Pouliot and Rolston have some history together - in Minnesota.
    Posted by Wheatskins

I don't see how Rolston can replace Kelly as a center. 
    Kelly takes and is the 2nd centerman for important faceoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rolston has some fading skills, and can still shoot. Kelly is a constantly agressive and complete 3rd line center. We saw that he is not a 1st line center[ offensively], but he is uber responsible at both ends. He brings much more than Rolston to the table every night. Might not Seguin be the first in line as a center?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Would you really want Seguin as our third line center? I don't. Nor do I want Krejci or Bergeron as that guy...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Rolston-Kelly-Pouliot : Wheatie, hate to tell you this, but your dream line doesn't play the B's slew foot, slash, hack, late hit and after the whistle sucker punch intimidation style (all the while, hiding behind Gregory's Daddys skirt!). And so you think everything is "Grand" in BeanyTown, when the team has a Grand Wizard flake goalie and several punks just a suspension or two away from obscurity... Woo hoo...
    Posted by null

Its too bad your Nucks beat the Kings last night, it sort of dampens your Kings to the Cup scenario. But as you likely know already, only the Shadowknows.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Would you really want Seguin as our third line center? I don't. Nor do I want Krejci or Bergeron as that guy...
    Posted by lambda13

Totally, totally agree . I want these 3 guys in the top 6. If that means someone gets bumped to the wing , so be it.

Sections
Shortcuts