Rolston minus Thornton = better?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Rolston minus Thornton = better?

If and when Peverly comes back and is NHL ready will Rolly be a better substitute for Thorny in the play-offs. Will Zanon be taking the number six d man spot when Ference is healthy.
    My perspective line up for play-offs:

Looch Krejci Seguin
    Marchand Bergy Peverly
    Poulit Kelly Caron
    Paille Campbell Rolly
    Thornton
    Horton is big ?

Chara Boychuk
    Sieds Ference
    Zanon Mcquiad
    Corvo

Thomas
    ? on Rask health

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Rolston minus Thornton = better?

Rolston is nowhere near the player he was when he left the Bruins after the 2004 season. To be honest, I'm disappointed in the aquisition so far. I know he is 39 now, but I was expecting a little more from him. He seems to take too many offensive zone penalties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Rolston minus Thornton = better?:
    [QUOTE]If and when Peverly comes back and is NHL ready will Rolly be a better substitute for Thorny in the play-offs. Will Zanon be taking the number six d man spot when Ference is healthy. My perspective line up for play-offs: Looch Krejci Seguin Marchand Bergy Peverly Poulit Kelly Caron Paille Campbel l Rolly Thornton Horton is big ? Chara Boychuk Sieds Ference Zanon Mcquiad Corvo Thomas ? on Rask health
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

This post is based on the assumption everyone will come back and no one else will go down. Pouliot was injured (I think-did not see how) last night so there is Rolston's opening. I do not take Thornton out as he is a vital part of the B's intimidation strategy and Rolston has yet to show what intangible he can bring consistently

By the way, knowing CJ and his loyalty to players, Corvo will stay in and Zanon will sit when (if-groin) Ference comes back.

Just my perspective

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Rolston has been good so far and will get better, but subbing in for Thornton makes no sense.  He would be useless in a 6-8minute agitator/energy/enforcer role. He could sub in well for Paille or Pouliot in a healthy lineup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Glad to see that Caron is now accepted. He has upped his game to where he contributes more since Claude has loosened the leash. Rolston is improving in each game as he gets more ice time. Last night even Pouliot was handling the puck better than he usually does. With Paille and Peverly coming back, Claude has an interesting Dillema with his lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's looks to me like Rolston is improving game by game.  Looks like he's getting used to guys bit by bit.  He looked out of place at first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Performance-wise Rolston = Kaberle: washed up and coming into a hot playoff race from a team dead in the water. At least he didn't cost a 1st rounder and if injuries occur in the playoffs we'll have a veteran ready to go but for now, he's painful to watch. Thornton has no worries.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If CJ sits Zanon in favor of Corvo I will have a huge issue with this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston minus Thornton = better?:
    [QUOTE]Performance-wise Rolston = Kaberle: washed up and coming into a hot playoff race from a team dead in the water. At least he didn't cost a 1st rounder and if injuries occur in the playoffs we'll have a veteran ready to go but for now, he's painful to watch. Thornton has no worries.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

I disagree in that IMO I don't think Kaberle was nearly as effective as Rolston was in their peak.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Remember Thornton was a big part of turning around last years finals!!
    That was quite the scrap last night.
    He is an important part.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I would guess it would come down to Pouliot or Rolston if and when Pev comes back...

As far as Zanon, if Claude sits Zanon for Corvo in the playoffs, consider me Miles Davis...

No way that happens...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Horton Plays

KHL
    BMS
    Rols Pev Car
    Kel Camp Pail

ZZ
    SB
    Mott McQ

Fer/Corv out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I think Rolston still has "gas left in the tank"....I saw them play in Ottawa a week and a half ago and was at the game last night in Toronto.....Rolston is getting better with each game...adjusting to new system, linemates, etc.....love that Caron is finding his groove ....great last few games...he is more assertive evidenced by his going to the net on the goal by Kelly and in the corners as well....Pouliot to me is still a wild card....not unlike Ryder in that he will come up with a goal(spectacular nonetheless) every 8 games or so....but he is just such an enigma on the ice and I think it would be difficult at times to be a linemate on with him.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

If Horton doesn't come back I'd go with:

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Caron
    Rolston-Kelly-Peverley
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Boychuck
    Seidenberg-Ference
    Zanon-McQuaid

Pouliot, Mottau and Corvo sit.