Rolston/Mottau to Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Rolston/Mottau to Bruins

What a waste. The Islanders put Rolston on waivers & they are God awful. If they think Rolston wasn't worthy of being on their roster, he doesn't have any right to be on ours. Mottau has awful numbers too. Yea we got them for next to nothing, but honestly this move was just a complete waste. Could've given up the same package for Oduya.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

Re: Rolston/Mottau to Bruins

SAD

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

They are NHL players , so I don't think waste is an accurate description.. Oduya is an unrestricted free agent next season and will command bucks, he is coming off 3.5MIL.. Bruins already have enough of those guys at that price.. Mottau is fine depth move and Rolston can help the PP .. He has done that before...

Just glad that PC did not give up any roster players.. Good depth moves..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

and you are right total waste ...we dont want Rollston to get all the ice time Carter Camper desserves...sad really sad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Also just heard that Bruins grab Greg Zanon from Wild..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston/Mottau to Bruins:
    and you are right total waste ...we dont want Rollston to get all the ice time Carter Camper desserves...sad really sad Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (forget 2012)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012

Are you implying that a Social Security collecting Rolston is an upgrade over a young prospect in Camper? Now I know why people on this board consider you a joke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Getting Siedes a fellow countryman in Mottau. Hopefully he elevates his game the way Siedes did when he got here.

Overall not what I was hoping for but Rolston in good form could enhance that 3rd line to be effective.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I wonder how much Rolston/Mottau will actually play. Probably only filler while the Bs wait for Horton/Peverley etc to recover.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I love this trade!  Made my day. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

When Chiarelli calls a team ... everyone demanded either Tuukka Rask or Brad Marchand or Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Spooner

DO YOU WANT TO GIVE UP ANY OF THESE GREAT PLAYERS FOR A 2 MONTH RENTAL?

Wake up.  Brian Rolston might be this year's Mark Recchi.  And Mottau is defence depth.  We are contenders. 

Rolston wants to win the Cup.  He'll be rejuvenated.  I hope.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Here's my take (not that anyone needs to care):

Rolston can be of value. If you look at his numbers up through last year, he was still productive for an older player. I may a bit partial since I always felt he was criminally underrated on the PK, with this shot, IQ and speed, etc. Side note: I felt him not getting a deal before the lockout in 2004/2005 was one of the worst moves of the MOC/Jacobs era).  He was the one guy I wanted back when the lockout was finished.  Terrible. He led the league almost every year in SH goals when he played here.

Anyway, heavy shot, you can use him on the PP either at the point and he may be of value next to a Bergeron on a PK.   It's one more guy you can send over the boards to kill a penalty up front. He's Recchi with a different skill set. He might be completely invigorated about coming back here, too.  I would be. The Islanders are a joke.

Might make a lot of sense to pair him with Lucic and Kreicji.

Mottau is a steady defenseman, as is Zanon for that matter. All small moves that do help in a small way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

i still hope sauve gets a chance to play .. dont really like how both these guys just make the b's even slower. but overall im glad no big pieces (knight, spooner, koko, hamilton) are going somewhere else

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

I didn't know Seidenberg came from Avon, MA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I didn't know Seidenberg came from Avon, MA.
    Posted by PINEwarmer

No, but Mottau is listed as German-American (Guessing first gen immigrant?)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

When Chiarelli calls a team ... everyone demanded either Tuukka Rask or Brad Marchand or Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Spooner DO YOU WANT TO GIVE UP ANY OF THESE GREAT PLAYERS FOR A 2 MONTH RENTAL? Wake up.  Brian Rolston might be this year's Mark Recchi.  And Mottau is defence depth.  We are contenders.  Rolston wants to win the Cup.  He'll be rejuvenated.  I hope.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

I think you could be right. Always like Rolston when he was a Bruin before. Pretty versatile and used to have some pretty good wheels. Might have lost some speed with age, but I bet the black & gold revisit rejuvenates him....or at least I hope so!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

i still hope sauve gets a chance to play .. dont really like how both these guys just make the b's even slower. but overall im glad no big pieces (knight, spooner, koko, hamilton) are going somewhere else
    Posted by newenglandah

Rolston is not slow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

When Chiarelli calls a team ... everyone demanded either Tuukka Rask or Brad Marchand or Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Spooner DO YOU WANT TO GIVE UP ANY OF THESE GREAT PLAYERS FOR A 2 MONTH RENTAL? Wake up.  Brian Rolston might be this year's Mark Recchi.  And Mottau is defence depth.  We are contenders.  Rolston wants to win the Cup.  He'll be rejuvenated.  I hope.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

Good assessment Boris and if having Rolston keeps Pouliot off the power play then I am happy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston/Mottau to Bruins : Rolston is not slow.
    Posted by huntbri

Yeah, I don't get that point either.  He's older, so he's slower than what he used to be for sure, but he's not slow. He used to be one of the faster skaters around in his prime.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hey, didn't rolston play the point on the pp when he was here?

Don't you like the sound of Rolston on the pp point over Corvo?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I haven't seen Rolston play this yr so I have no idea what to expect. Was wondering if someone has seen him play does he have anything left in the tank?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Anyone else shocked that Rolston makes 5mil... Wth?

Hopefully being back in beantown can light a rocket in his legs for the remainder of the season.

I've heard some bad things about Motau from Devils fans. I see him slotting in as the 8th defenseman if everyone is healthy.

Chara-Boychuck
    Zanon-Siedenberg
    McQuaid-Ference
    Corvo
    Motau

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from conmaster83. Show conmaster83's posts

I knew people were going to complain about this trade.typical.rolston is like a mark recchi pick up he's a good veteran who doesn't hurt this team one bit,adds veteran leadership inside and outside of the locker room,has a great slapshot,will be great again on the power-play,is great defensively,and for 39 can still skate!so what if we didn't get some younger player like david jones,p.a. parentau, or whoever!we didn't need that big of an addition anyways, cuz when pevs and hopefully horty return,it'll be all good from there and we'll be ready for the playoffs again baby!go b's!I like these trades.unlike some people apparently.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I knew people were going to complain about this trade.typical.rolston is like a mark recchi pick up he's a good veteran who doesn't hurt this team one bit,adds veteran leadership inside and outside of the locker room,has a great slapshot,will be great again on the power-play,is great defensively,and for 39 can still skate!so what if we didn't get some younger player like david jones,p.a. parentau, or whoever!we didn't need that big of an addition anyways, cuz when pevs and hopefully horty return,it'll be all good from there and we'll be ready for the playoffs again baby!go b's!I like these trades.unlike some people apparently.
    Posted by conmaster83

Discussion != Complaining

They can not like the trades if they want to, is that not what forums are for?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

We are team concussion and PC goes out and gets 2 more guys with concussion problems in Rolton and Mottau. Team is not improved. No Cup this year (but at least he didn't give away anything.)

Sections
Shortcuts