Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^

I cant believe that we dont have anything better in our system ...Marty Turco ...wasnt he retired ???   OMG ....its almost embarassing...the Stanley Cup champs have to sign Marty Turco ..and we already had Rolston ...are we in trouble or not ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks really bad)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^

how quickly people forget. You're making it too easy tonight Stanley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The greatest Bruin's fan in Canada ? Bogus claim.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep.  Oldtimers team.  Whooo!

I'm pretty sure they can beat the police and firefighters all stars.

They brought in Turco because there isn't  a better option in the system, no matter how much you wish there were.  And I can't fault the management for thinking they needed at least one of the top four goaltender positions in the organization to be filled by a developing player.  Bad juju to lose both Rask and Khudobin in short order.  They have a better chance of getting a decent game a week out of a healthy and rested Turco than Hutch.

Rolston's not Recchi, but he's generally a smart veteran who plays a responsible game.  Don't jsut look at his AARP card.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^:
    [QUOTE]The greatest Bruin's fan in Canada ? Bogus claim.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Yep you said it greatest FAN not greatest blind man ....Recchi was an exception ..Wait till you see Turco in the net ....I wouldnt be surprised to see 5 goals against at his 1st game ...and by the way I will be at the game Saturday March 10th ...driving nearly 600 miles one way to see my BRUINS ...unfortunately with those old timers and so many injuries there is no way you can win a Stanley Cup , next year with Hamilton, our injured players back and hopefully one or two trades we'll be in business ...I still admire the efforts by the remaining players ..33-17 shots against NYR ...but we ran out of gas...lets just hope that we play till the Conference Final (that would already be a miracle ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^ : Yep you said it greatest FAN not greatest blind man ....Recchi was an exception ..Wait till you see Turco in the net ....I wouldnt be surprised to see 5 goals against at his 1st game ...and by the way I will be at the game Saturday March 10th ...driving nearly 600 miles one way to see my BRUINS ...unfortunately with those old timers and so many injuries there is no way you can win a Stanley Cup , next year with Hamilton, our injured players back and hopefully one or two trades we'll be in business ...I still admire the efforts by the remaining players ..33-17 shots against NYR ...but we ran out of gas...lets just hope that we play till the Conference Final (that would already be a miracle ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

for virtually any team....it's usually a minor miracle to make the conference finals.  you make it sound so insignificant.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^ : Yep you said it greatest FAN not greatest blind man ....Recchi was an exception ..Wait till you see Turco in the net ....I wouldnt be surprised to see 5 goals against at his 1st game ...and by the way I will be at the game Saturday March 10th ...driving nearly 600 miles one way to see my BRUINS ...unfortunately with those old timers and so many injuries there is no way you can win a Stanley Cup , next year with Hamilton, our injured players back and hopefully one or two trades we'll be in business ...I still admire the efforts by the remaining players ..33-17 shots against NYR ...but we ran out of gas...lets just hope that we play till the Conference Final (that would already be a miracle ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011&2013 (forget 2012)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be great if these two things happened on the same day ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

i wish chia could have begged rex out of retirement rather than sign ralston.  woof. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I don't like negative stanley.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I don't hate the signing of Turco. What else was Chia suppose to do ? Like Bookboy said, if we can get a decent game a week from him until the end of the season, it won't be so bad. It was reported that he has been working out on & off the ice this season just in case a team came knocking on his door. I think he is more than capable to back up Thomas till the end of the season. He has to be a better option than Hutch at this point.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Stanley you're falling out of favor. I find myself wishing you'd keep your opinions to yourself more often.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]Stanley you're falling out of favor. I find myself wishing you'd keep your opinions to yourself more often.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

Truth hurts...and its nothing negative...but PC really screwed up on this one ...Turco in the net for the Stanley Cup Champs is an insult to our team...I wonder if Gerry Cheevers was available ????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

you toe the line between trolling and legit fan more than anyone else. I don't know what to make of you stanley

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like negative stanley.
    Posted by matttt87[/QUOTE]
    On his worst day positive Stanley was nowhere near this bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

As turco is not available for the playoffs, im sure he was signed for insurance purposes only, depth at goaltending and more nhl expersience. I do agree its a bad pickup but pc likely had no other choice, Cant leave the minor leagues without a backup either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

A true statement would be saying that the Bruins have a tough stretch of games coming up. Your opinions are coming off as having given up hope on a Bruins team that give or take a few players won the Stanley Cup last year. I maintain that they have the talent and experience to repeat.

PC didn't screw anything up. He brought us a Stanley Cup last year. Him not overpaying for players that aren't major upgrades is not screwing up. Him not dealing away key core roster players to bring in a guy like Nash was a good decision. Picking up Zanon and a depth D man and a flexible player like Rolston were good depth moves. Trust me, once we get Peverly back and Rolston slots into the third line instead of Pouliot we'll be in great shape. Imagine the following lines:

Lucic-Krecji-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly/Rolston
    Rolston-Kelly-Peverly/Rolston
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton/Caron/Pouliot

I would be happy with any of those combinations.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^ : Wouldn't it be great if these two things happened on the same day ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Nice one Chowda!

BTW Chowda, soon it will be time to change the old avatar back to the Sea Dogs logo in time for another run at the Memorial Cup (I know I am jumping the gun here a bit).

Side note to Stanley - I noticed your sig changed again...when did you wipe out your forecast for this season? After Tuukka went down? Ference? Paille?
    I liked the positive Stanley too. <sigh />

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

How else would you have gone out in get to back up TT? Remember that trade market for goalies was dead. Remember that We didnt even need this back up goalie until Rask was injured, until Khudobin was injured. Who would you have gone out and signed to be back up? Turco was the best of the worst case scenario.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Look at it this way:  The Bruins lost their #2 and #3 goalies in flash of bad luck.  Could have been their #1, but it's not, so really they just have to make sure #1 is healthy and ready for the playoffs.

Between now and then, they could have had to rely on an untested AHL goalie.  Instead, they were able to go and get a guy who was signed by the defending cup champs last year to be their #1 goaltender - he wasn't up to the task, but he hadn't fallen completely out of favour.  He's been around, knows the game, knows the shooters.  Could be a heck of a lot worse.

And last - to have made the kind of trade that would make the Bruins stronger regardless of injuries?  Would have meant trading guys who are still healthy and on the ice.  Maybe it would have been Rask, but then you'd be exactly where you are right now in terms of goalies   You can only go so far in managing risk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We keep thinking (myself included) that Thomas is at risk of getting tired out before the playoffs. He needs rest. He needs to pace himself.

I have to wonder - based on what? Last time we saw this guy play every other night for over a month, it was part of a legendary run to a Cup. Showed no signs of being mentally or physically fatigued.

He'll get some nights off...then play the last 3-4 games heading into the playoffs. The ONLY difference between this year and last will be a handful of starts.

So what are we basing the doomsday scenario on? Maybe more starts is exactly what TT needs to be at the top of his game again. Blessing in disguise?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]A true statement would be saying that the Bruins have a tough stretch of games coming up. Your opinions are coming off as having given up hope on a Bruins team that give or take a few players won the Stanley Cup last year. I maintain that they have the talent and experience to repeat. PC didn't screw anything up. He brought us a Stanley Cup last year. Him not overpaying for players that aren't major upgrades is not screwing up. Him not dealing away key core roster players to bring in a guy like Nash was a good decision. Picking up Zanon and a depth D man and a flexible player like Rolston were good depth moves. Trust me, once we get Peverly back and Rolston slots into the third line instead of Pouliot we'll be in great shape. Imagine the following lines: Lucic-Krecji-Seguin Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly/Rolston Rolston-Kelly-Peverly/Rolston Paille-Campbell-Thornton/Caron/Pouliot I would be happy with any of those combinations.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

To have a chance we would need Nathan Horton back, Ferrence back, Paille back , Peverley back and at worst Khudobin as back up ...I have ZERO confidence in Rolston and Turco

Sections
Shortcuts