Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^

In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^:
    We keep thinking (myself included) that Thomas is at risk of getting tired out before the playoffs. He needs rest. He needs to pace himself. I have to wonder - based on what? Last time we saw this guy play every other night for over a month, it was part of a legendary run to a Cup. Showed no signs of being mentally or physically fatigued. He'll get some nights off...then play the last 3-4 games heading into the playoffs. The ONLY difference between this year and last will be a handful of starts. So what are we basing the doomsday scenario on? Maybe more starts is exactly what TT needs to be at the top of his game again. Blessing in disguise?
    Posted by asmaha

Bingo..Ride him, he's a number 1, all world goaltender, this is what he gets paid to do and I assure you this is what he wants to do..He's had enough rest time this year where I dont think he'd get tired.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Maybe asmaha. 

If my goal is to get Thomas ready for the playoffs, putting the question of how much rest a 37 year old needs (just a kid, really), I have the backup playing the following games:

March 10 - Washington (first leg of a back to back - next up is @ Penguins on NBC, so keep Turco's Bruins debut out of the limelight and on home ice).

March 24 @ LA.  One of the worst offensive teams in the league.  Next night is @ Anaheim.  Less risk vs. LA than the Getzlaf-Perry-Ryan line.

March 31 @NYI.  Next night is the Rangers.

April 7th vs. Buffalo.  Last game of the season.  Hopefully with nothing on the line after they stick a fork in Ottawa the second last game.

You could add the two games vs. the Tampans if you wanted to give TT more rest, but that's it.  Six decent outings please.  And TT gets his grove playing a lot of every second nights, but no back to backs and then a bit of a break before the playoffs start.

Not a crying game situation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^:
    Maybe asmaha.  If my goal is to get Thomas ready for the playoffs, putting the question of how much rest a 37 year old needs (just a kid, really), I have the backup playing the following games: March 10 - Washington (first leg of a back to back - next up is @ Penguins on NBC, so keep Turco's Bruins debut out of the limelight and on home ice). March 24 @ LA.  One of the worst offensive teams in the league.  Next night is @ Anaheim.  Less risk vs. LA than the Getzlaf-Perry-Ryan line. March 31 @NYI.  Next night is the Rangers. April 7th vs. Buffalo.  Last game of the season.  Hopefully with nothing on the line after they stick a fork in Ottawa the second last game. You could add the two games vs. the Tampans if you wanted to give TT more rest, but that's it.  Six decent outings please.  And TT gets his grove playing a lot of every second nights, but no back to backs and then a bit of a break before the playoffs start. Not a crying game situation.
    Posted by Bookboy007
    I like this scenario, good coaching BB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Maybe asmaha.  If my goal is to get Thomas ready for the playoffs, putting the question of how much rest a 37 year old needs (just a kid, really), I have the backup playing the following games: March 10 - Washington (first leg of a back to back - next up is @ Penguins on NBC, so keep Turco's Bruins debut out of the limelight and on home ice). March 24 @ LA.  One of the worst offensive teams in the league.  Next night is @ Anaheim.  Less risk vs. LA than the Getzlaf-Perry-Ryan line. March 31 @NYI.  Next night is the Rangers. April 7th vs. Buffalo.  Last game of the season.  Hopefully with nothing on the line after they stick a fork in Ottawa the second last game. You could add the two games vs. the Tampans if you wanted to give TT more rest, but that's it.  Six decent outings please.  And TT gets his grove playing a lot of every second nights, but no back to backs and then a bit of a break before the playoffs start. Not a crying game situation.
    Posted by Bookboy007

NO! I'm going to that game. I want to see TT play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^ : To have a chance we would need Nathan Horton back, Ferrence back, Paille back , Peverley back and at worst Khudobin as back up ...I have ZERO confidence in Rolston and Turco Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

See this isn't you telling the truth. These are your opinions and you're stating them as fact.

I disasgree that we absolutely have to have all of those players back to win. This team can win without them. They just need to start playing good smart hockey.

Only time will tell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^ : See this isn't you telling the truth. These are your opinions and you're stating them as fact. I disasgree that we absolutely have to have all of those players back to win. This team can win without them. They just need to start playing good smart hockey. Only time will tell.
    Posted by lambda13

Good discussion ...if u want to talk about it ..I will be in front of Bobby Orr at the TD Garden Saturday at noon with my Patrice Bergeron's jersey...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think they're still in the world of needing Horton and Peverley back.  Zanon can play in Ference's spot (though better if he was in Corvo's), and they have guys who can kill penalites for Paille - Rolston for one, who may not be Paille fast but is a pretty decent replacement.  Rask played how many minutes in last year's playoffs?

They need those two key wingers to have four ready to roll lines.  Once they have that back?  Gold baby gold.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Exactly. 4-6 starts max. It's not like the Bs are shoe-ins to win those games if Thomas starts anyway, so I see no need to stray from the course and give Turco those starts.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston, Turco...are we trying to build an oldtimers team ^^^ : Truth hurts...and its nothing negative...but PC really screwed up on this one ...Turco in the net for the Stanley Cup Champs is an insult to our team...I wonder if Gerry Cheevers was available ???? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012 looks terrible right now)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Stanley, you've always been an insult to real Bruins fans. Last year's Cup win made you seem almost bearable but you're really no better than the rest of the trolls. Your posts are juvenile and a waste of time for you and the reader.

Sections
Shortcuts