Rolston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Rolston

What was he doing on in the last 2 minutes?  His legs were wobbly like they were made of rubber.  I think this guy well past his prime is getting overused.  Can't wait til Peverly and Horton get back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Rolston

My favorite Rolston move so far came in today's game.  He's on the PK, the left side forward.  The Caps are running the umbrella.  The puck goes to the blue line player, who is in the center.  Rolston pressures the puck holder, leaving the player on the left side (offensive right side) open.  That guy gets the puck, so Seidenberg leaves his post to cover that area.  Now the left side/center of the net is open.

Easy goal.

If Rolston hadn't committed to the blue line player, but instead put faux pressure on him while blocking any shot attempt, he could have shaded left and covered the pp right winger.  Seidenberg wouldn't have had to leave his assignment.

No goal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's done next to nothing sinse arriving. I'd rather see MacDermid, at least he has better wheels and hits everything.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

This is the part where Bruins fans look to scapegoat others when the D is horrendous.

Unreal.

I missed the game today, but how about focusing on a bad D at home and team that lacks balls vs scapegoating players?   Did we not JUST see others in the press saying "we've found our game", etc?

Then, whamo, here we are all over again with an egg laid against a weaker team.

We got a problem and it's not different than the problem at the beginning of the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston:
    [QUOTE]This is the part where Bruins fans look to scapegoat others when the D is horrendous. Unreal. I missed the game today, but how about focusing on a bad D at home and team that lacks balls vs scapegoating players?   Did we not JUST see others in the press saying "we've found our game", etc? Then, whamo, here we are all over again with an egg laid against a weaker team. We got a problem and it's not different than the problem at the beginning of the year.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]This is the part where Bruins fans look to scapegoat others when the D is horrendous. Unreal. I missed the game today, but how about focusing on a bad D at home and team that lacks balls vs scapegoating players?   Did we not JUST see others in the press saying "we've found our game", etc? Then, whamo, here we are all over again with an egg laid against a weaker team. We got a problem and it's not different than the problem at the beginning of the year.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

So your saying the Stanley Cup Hangover is back??

I tend to think it's totally different then their horrendous start, as they were a healthier bunch when they came out of the gate. Now, not so much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : Thanks for checking in.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Haha, he was out catching 22 pounders.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Rolston looks terrible, time for him to pack it in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

PC didn't give up anything at deadline... what did you expect to get?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

No scapegoating here, he has done zero for the team. Nothing left in the tank.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Sorry,  I did like the guy on his first around with the Bruins, now he's a Vet trying  to hold on to a Pay check. Bad signing in my opinion. If the Scouts saw in Rolston a Mark Recci Part II,  they were  vre badly wrong and Ill advised the management on the signing. This guy bring absolutely nothing to the team. Best Bruins move in the past week was to remove him from Bergies line.
    Corvo.. again mouth breathing in front of the goal and not taking any decision what so ever.. goal Caps.. please healthy scratch this woman beater, he's a bum

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

I know i'll get heat  from you all, but really..  really say i'm wrong

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I know i'll get heat  from you all, but really..  really say i'm wrong
    Posted by ccoul[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with what you said, but I really cannot stand your avatar.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : I don't disagree with what you said, but I really cannot stand your avatar.

I like the toque. The rest looks like Crazy Guggenheim.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I actually thought Rolston played a decent game and had at least 2 quality scoring chances, maybe three.  If he buries one of those, this thread doesn't exist.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Last year Paillie went through your same ridicule. He turned out to be a decent player for the B's in the playoffs.
    We all know the playoffs are a different animal. Sure players performances drop-off, others excel. Let's not get to hasty towards Rolston just yet. I believe he has fuel in the tank and will provide the Veteran leadership needed for a long Cup run. Sure he won't be able to play the minutes he used too.

I recall many posters bashing the fact Recchi was "too old/slow".
    Now, Recchi was the Vet needed to win the Cup. Roslton could be that guy. Cut him some slack

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I actually thought Rolston played a decent game and had at least 2 quality scoring chances, maybe three.  If he buries one of those, this thread doesn't exist.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Hang, I remember how "useless" Peverly, Kelly(and even Recchi at times) were deemed on the forum last year at this time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : Hang, I remember how "useless" Peverly, Kelly(and even Recchi at times) were deemed on the forum last year at this time.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

and soon you will get replies if you're comparing Rolston to them. Recchi at times ?  Almost all the time after a game there were people here complaining that Recchi should have been scratched.
    Only thing Rolston can be compared to Recchi ... his experience , he doesn't not have the hardware Recchi accumulated.
    Nobody said Rolston was going to be the Bruins savior.  All it was is a depth move and right now with all the players out injured the Bruins have no choice.
    I bet when Peverley, Pouliot, Paille or even Horton return Rolston will be a healthy scratch.  Unless he starts tearing it up.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : and soon you will get replies if you're comparing Rolston to them. Recchi at times ?  Almost all the time after a game there were people here complaining that Recchi should have been scratched. Only thing Rolston can be compared to Recchi ... his experience , he doesn't not have the hardware Recchi accumulated. Nobody said Rolston was going to be the Bruins savior.  All it was is a depth move and right now with all the players out injured the Bruins have no choice. I bet when Peverley, Pouliot, Paille or even Horton return Rolston will be a healthy scratch.  Unless he starts tearing it up.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Legion, I'm not directly comparing them in any way except that they get/got trashed on here before getting a real opportunity to shine. Kelly got it worse than anyone until the playoffs started. After that he was a hero.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Despite the mistakes I see some improvement over the last couple of games.

Some better decisions in the offensive zone and the shots on net have been of better quality.

I am an optimist in some ways, he just might come through yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : Legion, I'm not directly comparing them in any way except that they get/got trashed on here before getting a real opportunity to shine. Kelly got it worse than anyone until the playoffs started. After that he was a hero.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I know you're not comparing him to them.  It's the perceptions others will have but not anymore. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : I know you're not comparing him to them.  It's the perceptions others will have but not anymore. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I like Rolston on the special teams. Look for the PP to pot a couple today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : Thanks for checking in.

No problem, coach. Just keep in mind I am not a knee jerking moron fan who runs to a messageboard to whine and look for scapegoats over and over.

Last year it was Paille, the year before Wideman, this year Pouliot and Corvo, and now it's been transferred over to Rolston, a guy who isn't meant to be a star here.  How about the crappy D in general (not just Corvo)?  How about Tim Thomas not playing all that well, literally all year?

You have no idea who you're talking to either.   My favorite part is the people here who probably played less hockey than I did and went to less games at the old Garden than I did trying to talk down to me.  Funny stuff.

The fact is, the team needs to play 60 minutes and with more urgency. I don't want to read quotes in the paper aout them "figuring it out" and then see them lay another Saturday afternoon egg at home. It's not good enough. Period.

Sections
Shortcuts