Rolston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Rolston

In Response to Re: Rolston:
    [QUOTE]I actually thought Rolston played a decent game and had at least 2 quality scoring chances, maybe three.  If he buries one of those, this thread doesn't exist.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Why doesn't this surprise me? I missed the game, and by the thread title, what you  just said appears to not be the case by the drama queens and scapegoat artists here.

The leaders of the team need to step up.  Thomas, Chara, etc. Very evident to anyone who's seen this movie before.  They think they can just walk by the lesser teams and that isn't how it works.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : Why doesn't this surprise me? I missed the game, and by the thread title, what you  just said appears to not be the case by the drama queens and scapegoat artists here. The leaders of the team need to step up.  Thomas, Chara, etc. Very evident to anyone who's seen this movie before.  They think they can just walk by the lesser teams and that isn't how it works.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  The McQuaid/Seidenberg collision behind the net was a disaster.  Corvo not clearing the loose puck from the slot was a disaster.  Going scoreless on the PP again was a disaster (although it was better).

Rolston's doing his job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Totally unfair to blame yesterday's loss on Rolston.

I can point to at least 3 other major Bruins breakdowns that led to goals but how about just this one: If McQuaid and Seidenberg don't smack into each other like Laurel and Hardy trying to set up a ladder to paint the side of a barn, the game stays tied at 2 and is anyone's contest.

The Bruins' D has been horrendous for the better part of 2 months now. That, combined with adequate but not spectacular goaltending from an over-worked Thomas has combined to make the Bruins look very ordinary.

Rolston is a savvy player who's lost a step or 2 since his speed demon days and still needs to learn CJ's system before he'll be totally comfortable.

he still has a great shot and has been hustling like crazy on every shift i've seen him play.

You want a scapegoat? Look no further than Joe "Cough it Up" Corvo, who looks worse and worse every time he touches the puck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : No problem, coach. Just keep in mind I am not a knee jerking moron fan who runs to a messageboard to whine and look for scapegoats over and over. Last year it was Paille, the year before Wideman, this year Pouliot and Corvo, and now it's been transferred over to Rolston, a guy who isn't meant to be a star here.  How about the crappy D in general (not just Corvo)?  How about Tim Thomas not playing all that well, literally all year? You have no idea who you're talking to either.   My favorite part is the people here who probably played less hockey than I did and went to less games at the old Garden than I did trying to talk down to me.  Funny stuff. The fact is, the team needs to play 60 minutes and with more urgency. I don't want to read quotes in the paper aout them "figuring it out" and then see them lay another Saturday afternoon egg at home. It's not good enough. Period.

My post was directly related to yesterday's game and a goal that directly the fault of Rolston.  Did you see it?  Nope.

No one cares how many games you've played and how many games you went to in the old Garden.  Neither has any relevance in discussing the 2011-12 Boston Bruins.

I never understood people trashing Paille.  Any goal he scores is gravy.  He's supposed to be a great 4th liner and PK player.  He is.  He was then, also.  The Wideman gang also were blind.  I think most were bent about Boyes racking up 40 while Wideman gave the puck away for 40 against.  I had hoped he'd do well.  He wasn't all that great, but certainly not a bad player as many made him to be. 

Rolston has looked good on the powerplay (as I noted earlier), but his below average five on five play and that gaff on the PK yesterday have stuck out much more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Rolston is a joke

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Totally unfair to blame yesterday's loss on Rolston. I can point to at least 3 other major Bruins breakdowns that led to goals but how about just this one: If McQuaid and Seidenberg don't smack into each other like Laurel and Hardy trying to set up a ladder to paint the side of a barn, the game stays tied at 2 and is anyone's contest. The Bruins' D has been horrendous for the better part of 2 months now. That, combined with adequate but not spectacular goaltending from an over-worked Thomas has combined to make the Bruins look very ordinary. Rolston is a savvy player who's lost a step or 2 since his speed demon days and still needs to learn CJ's system before he'll be totally comfortable. he still has a great shot and has been hustling like crazy on every shift i've seen him play. You want a scapegoat? Look no further than Joe "Cough it Up" Corvo, who looks worse and worse every time he touches the puck.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

That's what the immature/teenager type fans do here, though. They always needs a scapegoat.

It's now apparently Rolston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : That's what the immature/teenager type fans do here, though. They always needs a scapegoat. It's now apparently Rolston.

Is there a post here that is blaming the loss on Rolston?

If so, I missed it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Rolston:
    [QUOTE]What was he doing on in the last 2 minutes?  His legs were wobbly like they were made of rubber.  I think this guy well past his prime is getting overused.  Can't wait til Peverly and Horton get back.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Having Rolston and Turco on our roster is a proof that we have a serious problem in Providence...no prospects...I am really worried...I would'nt even start Turco in our old timers hockey league ....its terrible ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012...no way)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rolston : Having Rolston and Turco on our roster is a proof that we have a serious problem in Providence...no prospects...I am really worried...I would'nt even start Turco in our old timers hockey league ....its terrible .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012...no way) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012...no way) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012...no way) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012...no way) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012...no way) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (2012...no way)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
     Stanley, do you actually think Boston should have 4 Nhl ready goaltenders at their beck and call?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Not saying Rolston is the problem for this lousy play.  I just rather have some young guys brought up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Not saying Rolston is the problem for this lousy play.  I just rather have some young guys brought up.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Like whom?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Black and gold alert has been issued. Please check all cliffs in the montreal area for a man named stanley. If you find him please lure him away from the ledge with blake wheeler memoribilia.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : Like whom?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You're just a teenager,  what do you know ??? lol
    With Paille, Peverley, Horton and now Pouliot there is not enough young players from Providence to step up.  Sauve ?  1st NHL game but cannot replace any of the 4 hurt right now. At least not in his 1st game.
    Hamill ?  Hennessy ? Camper ? done that and did not work. 
    Only Caron that was on the bubble has been the only young surprise lately

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Rolton's signing really symbolises all of PC's moves since winning the cup.
    They all suck. Why didn't the Canes try to hold onto Corvo? Or Montreal with Pouliot? Or the Isles dumping Rolston? And why exactly was Turco without an NHL contract?
    But hey Jacobs is happy and there's still all that cap space which just doesn't have to be spent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Rolton's signing really symbolises all of PC's moves since winning the cup. They all suck. Why didn't the Canes try to hold onto Corvo? Or Montreal with Pouliot? Or the Isles dumping Rolston? And why exactly was Turco without an NHL contract? But hey Jacobs is happy and there's still all that cap space which just doesn't have to be spent.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

Of course Jacobs is happy.  The B's won the Cup last year.  Know who else is happy?  Bruins fans.  Their Cup victory has taken all of the wind out of the "Jacobs stinks because..." sails.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I knew NAS was a Jacobs fan.  How predictable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I knew NAS was a Jacobs fan.  How predictable.

I don't care who owns the team.  I care what happens on the ice.  You should pay more attention to what happens on the ice. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Rolton's signing really symbolises all of PC's moves since winning the cup. They all suck. Why didn't the Canes try to hold onto Corvo? Or Montreal with Pouliot? Or the Isles dumping Rolston? And why exactly was Turco without an NHL contract? But hey Jacobs is happy and there's still all that cap space which just doesn't have to be spent.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

Chiarelli kept the majority (94%) of it's Stanley cup winning team intact ....why did he have to break the bank and get stuck next season when he must sign RFAs and UFAs ? 
    He didn't know in July if the cao would go up or down for 2012/13 season .
    Besides any good free agents would have demanded multi year contract and all got overpaid. i.e.  Wisniewski , Erhoff, Leino etc...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

When the B's got Kelly last year, there were no scoring expectations.  He was brought in to be a checking, grind it out, defensive zone, reliable player.  So Bruins fans never really got on him for not scoring and whenver he pitched in (as he did in a big way) goal-wise in the playoffs, it was a huge bonus.    Not much was known about Peverley last year except that he was a speedster so there were not big expectations for him either.  

Bruins fans need to think about Rolston in a similar way that they thought about Kelly/Peverley last year.  He's not a scoring threat like he once was, especially 5-on-5, and he's not very physical (which is the part that frustrates me in terms of fit).   What they got is an experienced guy with above average speed that can play both the PK and PP.  Rolston is not the reason they will win or lose.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : Of course Jacobs is happy.  The B's won the Cup last year.  Know who else is happy?  Bruins fans.  Their Cup victory has taken all of the wind out of the "Jacobs stinks because..." sails.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

How true ! But there will still be the odd fan stuck in the past wearing their mullets and skullets who feel that it's time to start their Jacob rants again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I had already seen enough of Rolston but seeing him look like a stooge fumbling the puck and falling down infront of the Pitt net. No one can possibly think this fool chasing a paycheck has anything left.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

We probably should start a new discussion. Rolston is filling in as best he can. His fumbles in front of the net, on that one play, are probably bothering him more than us. He is not a major problem, and seemed to play well with Kelly until Bergeron was hurt and Kelly moved up. The decision to use Rolly on the PK was because Bergie was hurt; the miscommunications with Campbell was/is lack of familiarity and also because Bergeron was hurt. Claude was, suddenly, down his most dependable player, with no where to replace that quality, particularly with the other existing injuries. Granted, Timmy is not playing well at all, and Claude should have used Tuuks more, as he said he planned to do,but now cannot. Rolston is not the cause, or solution, for any of those other problems.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I fully blame Corvo for the first goal and the hole that was dug in the first period. I was at the game and I literally said out loud as he went into the corner to play the puck that he had to take the body on the Caps player in the corner. He basically did a fly by where he half-heartedly stabbed at the puck. Surprise surprise he didn't win the puck battle and the Caps put it away. I'm tired of watching Corvo go into the corner and try to dig the puck out and just letting the opponent skate through the corner and scoop up the puck.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I fully blame Corvo for the first goal and the hole that was dug in the first period. I was at the game and I literally said out loud as he went into the corner to play the puck that he had to take the body on the Caps player in the corner. He basically did a fly by where he half-heartedly stabbed at the puck. Surprise surprise he didn't win the puck battle and the Caps put it away. I'm tired of watching Corvo go into the corner and try to dig the puck out and just letting the opponent skate through the corner and scoop up the puck.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    It has to help the opposing forward to know that Corvo won't even attempt to check him in the corner. It's brutal to watch.

Sections
Shortcuts