Rolston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Rolston

I was actually chatting with the couple sitting next to me and I saw Corvo wuss out and said come on Corvo you have to play the body there, then bing-bang GOAL. He's like a traffic cone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Rolston is a good addition but he's made some positional errors. The one penalty killing was bad and un-Bruin like. Hopefully he can get on the right page by the playoffs. His speed, shot and strength are still way better than most NHL'ers, he just needs to get his mental game up to par. I quite like him on the point on the powerplay, he gives it some creativity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

To be fair Rolston last night was directly implicated on the only 2 goals the Bruins scored.
    His screen on Theodrore for Corvo's goal would not have gone in if it weren't for him. 
    2nd goal was that long awaiting PP goal ,  it was 6 games I think the Bruins hadn't scored one. 

This is what he was brought to the Bruins for, chip in.  Now I hope he can continue on the positive end .
    He's done more in the few games he played as a Bruin than any other call up from Providence. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Rolston that received these comments in this thread isn't the Rolston that's playing right now.

I'm not saying he's the second coming.  I'm not saying he's awesome.  I'm just saying he's been improving steadily.

He now has 10 pts in 14 games with the Bruins, and had 9 pts in 49 games with the Isles.

I think he looks good on the PP,  certainly better than Corvo.  And he looks like he's improving game by game and I believe it was Jack who said "he's getting in shape."  Makes me wonder how he wasn't in shape with the Isles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

You knew it would take some games for him to gel.  I am looking forward to Peverley settling back in as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like what Rolston has done, when peverley comes back soemone has to sit. I wouldnt sit Caron, It will probably be Pouliot, though for the playoffs I'd like to see Pouliot on the fourth line and have Thornton sitting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston:
    [QUOTE]I like what Rolston has done, when peverley comes back soemone has to sit. I wouldnt sit Caron, It will probably be Pouliot, though for the playoffs I'd like to see Pouliot on the fourth line and have Thornton sitting.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

The third line has been playing very well and Pouliot has been a part of it.  Caron, despite playing with Krejci and Lucic, has managed only one assist in recent games.  I think Caron will sit and Peverley will join Bergeron and Marchand at the beginning with Seguin moving up to the top line again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

For those of you who were mentioning that Rolston might be a little slow because of his age forget it as I had my eyes trained on him last night for every shift he can still move it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And another assist for him tonight.

Not bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Rolo is no Rex as in the "warrior" sense. but the guy can still skate, shoot and make smart decisions. I love it when people come on here & talk in absolutes & they end up eating crow not long after.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Rolo is no Rex as in the "warrior" sense. but the guy can still skate, shoot and make smart decisions. I love it when people come on here & talk in absolutes & they end up eating crow not long after.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Me too Nite. The guy got trashed here after a handful of games and now here he is with 11 points with a period to go in his 15th game. The fact he's sat so much this year means he should have plenty in the tank for the playoffs. Since his contract runs out at the end of the season, I think I'm ready to chalk him up as another solid move by PC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

12 points in 15 games.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]12 points in 15 games.....
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Now if he would only sign for Recchi type money next year...  which is also Thornton money come to think of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : Now if he would only sign for Recchi type money next year...  which is also Thornton money come to think of it.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Probably no spot for him next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Funniest thread ever.

Clearly the guy is washed up.  Also, water has had its day - time to move on!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nobody,  except Seguin and maybe Marchand can release a onetimer like Rolston. Glad I'm not eating crow, I prefer eating Lamb chops.

I had a feeling Julien wouldn't have broken up that line with Peverley coming back. They're just clicking on all cylinders.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I think this is a happy story so far. He played well in his last stint as a Bruin, if the guy sticks around for the playoffs and plays well, this could really be a great way to end his career. Seeing him rifle slap-shots is such a satisfying experience as a hockey fan. I'm so happy he's fitting in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He must be happy as hell to be out of the Island and heading into the playoffs with the defending champs.  Rejuvenated.  A welcome addition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Rolston has already made a big difference in the Bruins season if he does nothing else for the year. In on two goals tonight in a 3-2 win... these are important points. Just for fun, Rick Nash has 50 points in 75 games, or .667 ppg. Project that over 15 games and he would have 10 points. Rolston has 12 :)  This has been a very shrewd pick up by Chiarelli.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Rolston has already made a big difference in the Bruins season if he does nothing else for the year. In on two goals tonight in a 3-2 win... these are important points. Just for fun, Rick Nash has 50 points in 75 games, or .667 ppg. Project that over 15 games and he would have 10 points. Rolston has 12 :)  This has been a very shrewd pick up by Chiarelli.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    I was waiting for someone to make the Nash comparison! lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolston : Me too Nite. The guy got trashed here after a handful of games and now here he is with 11 points with a period to go in his 15th game. The fact he's sat so much this year means he should have plenty in the tank for the playoffs. Since his contract runs out at the end of the season, I think I'm ready to chalk him up as another solid move by PC.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'll eat some crow I don't mind cause that means he's playing well now and it's good for the Bs. But please he was terrible when he got here. They spoke tonight about how hard the coaching has had to work him to get him into proper playing shape. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, he didn't dazzle his first few games, but c'mon - re-read the way the move was getting crushed after just a few games.  Not many players move to a new team late in the season and immediately pick up the systems, find chemistry with their linemates, settle the nerves, find a place they can sleep and relax in a new city....  Add that Rolston was a "coaches decision" on a team that has no future other than giving highly talented young players ice time to develop, and an injury, and it was absolutely nuts to trash Rolston and PC during those first few games when he struggled.  That's what's funny, and it's all the funnier given how much Rolston has contributed in the last five games.  That's a lot of crow.

I find Sriracha makes it go down better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I think everyone was expecting a little more from rolo sooner rather than later, but I wasnt surprised it took him this long to start contributing. If you look at Pevs, & Kelly last year at the trade, it took them several weeks and a dozen so games to start finding their rythm with the team. CJ had tried several line combinations that didnt work out for Pevs and Kelly. But they started playing together and everything started clicking. Same goes for Rolo. Looks as if Him and Kelly have some good chemistry. Shoot even Pouliot is playing well with Kelly. Nice to see the line contributing. I know we might not notice it, but Kelly is a darn important player for this team. He fits in well with several of the guys and makes it work with whoever is on his line.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsInSeven. Show BruinsInSeven's posts

Like to see how Rolly has been playing as of late. He just needed a bit more ice to to scrape off the rust

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He's exceeded my expectations, I'll say that much.

If he can put up these kind of numbers in the playoffs I'll be more than pleased.

Sections
Shortcuts