Rolston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Rolston

I never thought he was terrible. Since he arrived he was fast, physical and his shot is as good as ever. He was out of position alot though. He seems to have adapted to the team system now, and is looking much better.

In Response to Re: Rolston:
    In Response to Re: Rolston : I'll eat some crow I don't mind cause that means he's playing well now and it's good for the Bs. But please he was terrible when he got here. They spoke tonight about how hard the coaching has had to work him to get him into proper playing shape. 
    Posted by stan17

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Rolston = balanced scoring is back

which is really the key to this team.  We can't do it with just two lines scoring.  We need three, with the fourth line chippng in from time to time with a goal.

This was exactly the move to make given our situation.  I feel much better about our chances right now even if Horton doesn't come back.  Seguin on the first line makes that line our top offensive threat.  Either Peverly or Caron with Bergeron and Marchand makes that a great two way line that will score some goals, and then we still have a fast productive third line and one of the best fourth lines in the league.

To add to that we have an extra forward just in case anybody in the bottom six goes down.

If anybody in the top six goes down I start to worry again

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Said it before and will say it again..........liked him during his first tour duty with the B's, and like him once again. Great pickup. No doubt in my mind he's shaken the cob webs out from not playing much on the isle and gained his confidence back as a player. He's turning into the guy they hoped he could be. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

...so impressed with this guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Rolston:
    What was he doing on in the last 2 minutes?  His legs were wobbly like they were made of rubber.  I think this guy well past his prime is getting overused.  Can't wait til Peverly and Horton get back.
    Posted by mattbs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

I think this is a happy story so far. He played well in his last stint as a Bruin, if the guy sticks around for the playoffs and plays well, this could really be a great way to end his career. Seeing him rifle slap-shots is such a satisfying experience as a hockey fan. I'm so happy he's fitting in.
    Posted by Olsonic

The BRUINS now have their RECCHI replacement, on and off the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston : The BRUINS now have their RECCHI replacement, on and off the ice.
    Posted by watchtower

I'm not too sure of Rolston's leadership qualities off the ice. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston : I'm not too sure of Rolston's leadership qualities off the ice. 
    Posted by BsLegion

Look at recent interviews, listen to what he says and note his demeanor. He exudes confidence as a twenty-year-vet, while team-mates don't believe his age. I'm certain he brings something to that locker-room.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

heres an article ESPN Boston's Joe McDonald just wrote about Rolston, I'm sure many of you have already seen this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston : Look at recent interviews, listen to what he says and note his demeanor. He exudes confidence as a twenty-year-vet, while team-mates don't believe his age. I'm certain he brings something to that locker-room.
    Posted by watchtower

I'm not saying he doesn't bring anything into the locker-room , I'm just not sure it's what Recchi brought. I don't doubt you and I can't really tell you because I'm not in the locker-room . All I can say is we kept on hearing what Recchi was behind closed doors through his career and Rolston I haven't seen or heard of his leadership in the room the same as Recchi's although it doesn't mean you're wrong. I'm sure with all his experience he's a big positive in the locker-room.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston : Look at recent interviews, listen to what he says and note his demeanor. He exudes confidence as a twenty-year-vet, while team-mates don't believe his age. I'm certain he brings something to that locker-room.
    Posted by watchtower

and thanks to Ols he's a comment that would solidify your statement.

"When you can add someone like him, I think we're extremely lucky," said Kelly. "Not only does he bring that leadership quality, he's a good character person. Obviously, the way he's been playing has been great. He shows up every game to play and does a lot of the little things that may go unnoticed. It's definitely great to see him get recognized with some offensive outbursts right now."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

It is especially nice to see him thrive on the Kelly line, and to see Pouliot blossom in turn.
    Kelly clearly has the Midas touch, and his line has the swagger.
    I'd like to see Rolston earning the chance to re-sign with Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts