Rolston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Rolston

He was playing good on the third line,it might have been there best line for 3 or 4 games,i no Peverly came back,not really impressed with Caron with Lucic and Kreji either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Rolston

In Response to Rolston:
    He was playing good on the third line,it might have been there best line for 3 or 4 games,i no Peverly came back,not really impressed with Caron with Lucic and Kreji either.
    Posted by kitchener

Yeah I'm not a fan of Caron playing with Krejci and Lucic either. I'm sure once the playoffs start we'll see:

Lucic-Krejci-Peverly
    Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Pouliot-Kelly-Rolston
    Paille-Campbell-Caron or Caron-Campbell-Thornton

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Don't know how much the "Chara blocked shot" affected him, but Caron played VERY timid last night and was outmustled for most pucks.
    I thought Mottou played solid and deserves time over Corvo for sure as 7th dman.
    Rolston has been decent for what they are asking of him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

These comments don't even deserve a response. Rolston is an experienced, and aging, player, with the emphasis on aging. Caron, just turned 21, has been a bonus for kreji's line for the past month. He hits as hard as any other checker, and continually keeps the puck in play. He will still make "rookie" mistakes, but not very often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Rolston has been a man on a mission. Caron on the 4th line makes that line ridiculously hard to play against.

Caron-Campbell-Paille.

That is a tough line to play against.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Agreed Bogie on most of your points but he is simply not first line material at this early stage in his career. He has only had one assist in his last ten games and is a -3 during that span despite playing the majority of the time with Krejci and Lucic.

Yes, he is strong on his skates and has relatively sound positioning but he is not putting up the points. Hence, in the best case scenario he should not be on the team's #1 line. Maybe next year he will produce more consistently but he is not doing it now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Rolston's got the best one timer on the team.  I don't know how anybody can criticize his skill, especially at his age.  I'm looking forward to watching his line in the playoffs.

Caron is probably the most underated puck possesion guy on the team.  You can't score goals if you don't have the puck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Well, we've all but clinched the second seed.  So if there was a time to experiment with line changes, it is now.

I think that right now, Caron should be rotating through all lines, giving all critical Bruins one day off at a time.  

Once the playoffs start though, Caron should be on the fourth line (if playing at all).  And before people jump down my throat, please tell me who you would demote out of the following:

Seguin, Lucic, Krejci, Bergy, Marchand, Peverley, Kelly, Rolston, Poul

The Kelly/Rol/Poul line has been completely on fire (for a while now) and shouldnt be messed with.  I understand that people tend to fall in love with youth, but you shouldnt prioritize rookie development over winning playoff games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston:
    These comments don't even deserve a response. Rolston is an experienced, and aging, player, with the emphasis on aging. Caron, just turned 21, has been a bonus for kreji's line for the past month. He hits as hard as any other checker, and continually keeps the puck in play. He will still make "rookie" mistakes, but not very often.
    Posted by bogie6

Rolston has 13 pts in 19 games.  Caron has 14 pts in 46 games.  We need the scoring depth that Rolston's offensive production provides.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Rolston stinks when the game turns into a physical game. This will be the Bruins downfall, a player like Rolston will not help.  Hes good in wide open mens league games. Mark my words!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rolston stinks when the game turns into a physical game. This will be the Bruins downfall, a player like Rolston will not help.  Hes good in wide open mens league games. Mark my words!
    Posted by bluefox70

He throws plenty of checks and can take a hit just as any other forward.

What the heck are you talking about?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Posted by bluefox70

Rolston doesnt shy away from contact, in fact he's usually the first one in on the forecheck. What games are you watching?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Rolston : Yeah I'm not a fan of Caron playing with Krejci and Lucic either. I'm sure once the playoffs start we'll see: Lucic-Krejci-Peverly Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin Pouliot-Kelly-Rolston Paille-Campbell-Caron or Caron-Campbell-Thornton
    Posted by Bisson1

Agree. And I'm hoping Paille gets the nod over Thornton

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In Response to Re: Rolston : Rolston has 13 pts in 19 games.  Caron has 14 pts in 46 games.  We need the scoring depth that Rolston's offensive production provides.
    Posted by Drewski5

Can't argue with that, plus he has playoff experience.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

rolston has been great for the b's so far. as far as who sits come playoff time, it's got to be caron. think back to last season, who sat to start the playoffs... one tyler seguin. clode will not put the youth out there if he doesn't HAVE to. if caron does get to play, i'd guess it would be with the 4th line. clode's track record speaks for itself, and it lead to a cup last season, i'm good with that. as far as d-men are concerned, corvo and mottau are the reserves come playoff time. man i'm excited for the playoffs to start. GO B'S

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm honestly fine with whatever they go with. If you're bringing up the age of a player, either Rolston being old or Caron being young, that's a meaningless argument. All that matters is how they are playing, everyone is different at different ages. I think Rolston has been excellent for some time now. He's fast, physical, can shoot and making much better decisions. Caron is good, very strong, decently fast and skilled, but missing some intangible quality that I can't quite describe... I think he will develop it in time but it's not quite there yet. I have found the most impressive combos to be Rolston with Kelly and Pouliot and Peverley with DK and Lucic. I would also probably start with Paille on the fourth line because the playoffs are tense and his experience could be an asset. Especially against a young and inexperienced Ottawa team. But like I say, I'm fine with any combo, and I also think Caron does a decent job of recreating Horton's physical jam along the boards on the big line so that may be a good fit depending on the tone of a series.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Why do people want the 4th lines messed with?  That;s the best 4th line in the league with Paille, Campbell and Thornton.

Caron is nothing more than a fill-in, IMO.  He and Pouliot can battle it out for time on the 3rd line.

Lucic Kreicji Peverely
    Marchand Bergeron Seguin
    Pouliot/Caron Kelly Rolston
    Paille Campbell Thornton

Also, I had a hunch Rolston would be giddy playing here.  Nice little addition, where he can be used in small areas to help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Posted by bluefox70

I think a more accurate way to put it is that Rolston's game does not match the 4th lines style.  He is not a grind it out cycle in the corners kind of player.  If he's in the line-up he needs to be playing with some skill and the type of players that can/will set him up for some shots, as that is his biggest assett.

Caron can be effective on the 4th line, Rolston can not

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Exactly. Don't touch the 4th line. I don't even get why Paille's been scratched of late, either.  Julien will push his buttons up and down the roster where he sees fit, but I don't see the need to be running around messing with lines.

That 4th line is such a luxury, IMO. They all are tenacious, but slightly varied skill sets. Look no further when Julien put Thornton back in for the Cup last year. 

The 3rd line appears to be the line that will have some options on the wing, but that's only been because of Horton's situation. Thankfully, Peverley is a good little versatile player.

As for Caron, to me, he's a swing player now.  The kid's young. No playoff experience whatsoever.  If he outplays Pouliot down the stretch, great.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No question on Rolston's experience, which helps the Kelly line click, but so does Peverly with his speed. As noted above, Caron has the jam and puck control to help Kreji and Lucic. He does not, as yet have a scoring touch, but he does keep the puck in the offensive zone. He also played really tough and agressive on the 4th line, which we know Claude likes. Pouliot's speed and size are his biggest assets, but he does not play an entire game consistently which makes his playoffs a gamble. The forward lines are not the most glaring concern for the playoffs. Corvo needs to sit, and Mottau has smarts, bu lacks speed and size. Boychuck needs a brain infusion before every game, but he has size, toughness, decent speed. Zanon has been a steady and consistent D. There are concerns, but Rolston's experience helps to overcome some of them. Don't like him on the Pp point, but don't seem to have an alternative.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Saw a stat on Brians pts production during the game last night.
    He has 5 times the points while with the B's than with 2/3 the season with the Isle
    To me, good pick-up PC

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Sounds like Rolston had no motivation to play well on Long Island. Doesn't really surprise me either.

Bottom feeder, who gives a hoot.

Contender, (Joe's voice from Family Guy) ALRIGHT, LETS DO IT.

Sections
Shortcuts