Rolston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Rolston

If he's in shape it may not be a bad idea to try to sign him at league minimum.  Defensively responsible and a good soldier who can provide some added leadership for the young guys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Rolston

In response to hangnail's comment:

If he's in shape it may not be a bad idea to try to sign him at league minimum.  Defensively responsible and a good soldier who can provide some added leadership for the young guys.

That's a big if....remember the NYR Arnott debacle?

Besides, apparently Marchand is relatively fine but CJ gave him the night off for precuationary reasons. While this may be disinformation we will find out soon enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes to this.  Another dman and fwd is needed.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Dman? Please explain.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Marchand makes me nervous, separated shoulders can be the type of injury that never go away. 

Shupe you don't like Johnson? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Van 2 yrs ago.  This team needs another serviceable NHL dman.   Playoffs are wars.  The year we won chara was out with the flu.  A serviceable player is needed.  A Cory Sarich type.  

If you are asking why up front.  Pretty easy. We have three AHL cal players.  Our line 3 needs an upgrade.  If ST is out a while I would suggest 2 FWds.  They don't need to be top 2.  But depth.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Marchand makes me nervous, separated shoulders can be the type of injury that never go away. 

Shupe you don't like Johnson? 

I don't mind him.  But I don't want him inserted in a big game in the playoffs.  And Hamilton is a rookie.  Lots can happen.  I want insurance.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Van 2 yrs ago.  This team needs another serviceable NHL dman.   Playoffs are wars.  The year we won chara was out with the flu.  A serviceable player is needed.  A Cory Sarich type.  

If you are asking why up front.  Pretty easy. We have three AHL cal players.  Our line 3 needs an upgrade.  If ST is out a while I would suggest 2 FWds.  They don't need to be top 2.  But depth.  

you know, I don't necessarily disagree with you on either account. I have been harping for a while now on the B's lack of depth. This was the death of them on last season when the injuries hit. Now it appears they may be tested again.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and who's going to give you someone worth it ?  what are you going to givem them?  It's too early for teams to sell .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Legion....its too early yet for any move. PC will likely wait until the deadline when some teams will want to make a move and then load up for a playoff run. This is a good year to go all out because of the cap decrease next year....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

you know, I don't necessarily disagree with you on either account. I have been harping for a while now on the B's lack of depth. This was the death of them on last season when the injuries hit. Now it appears they may be tested again.....

It only takes one injury back their to throw it off.  And to crown Hamilton after 8 games isn't smart either.  He's been steady as you would want and then some.  and I wanna see him as much as we can.  But anything can happen.  Adding a serviceable guy is insurance.  If one of those regular 5 go down its a huge risk.  Bc then you have a 19 year old rookie and Johnson.  No tks.  And that's not a slight on either.  It's just teams with added depth and health win.  Van lost 2 of their top 6.  

As for fwd we need a 3rd line upgrade.  And gritty 4th line guy will cost a cup of coffee.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

and who's going to give you someone worth it ?  what are you going to givem them?  It's too early for teams to sell .

There are 29 teams in the NHL outside of Boston.  Many are underachieving.  Florida is attempting to unload as they are in financial troubles.  The caps need a shake up.  Dallas.  Calgary.  There are teams out there.  

with teams looking to stay under the cap and teams struggling there will be lots of movement prior to the deadline.  We don't need a home run player.  I said depth.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It only takes one injury back their to throw it off.  And to crown Hamilton after 8 games isn't smart either.  He's been steady as you would want and then some.  and I wanna see him as much as we can.  But anything can happen.  Adding a serviceable guy is insurance.  If one of those regular 5 go down its a huge risk.  Bc then you have a 19 year old rookie and Johnson.  No tks.  And that's not a slight on either.  It's just teams with added depth and health win.  Van lost 2 of their top 6.  

As for fwd we need a 3rd line upgrade.  And gritty 4th line guy will cost a cup of coffee.  

Again..I agree. It was embarrasing in 2010 when Whitfield took the place of Krejci in the playoffs and just as much in 2012 when PC could find no one to replace Horton (another reason why Rolston is not the answer). The b's are built to win now (thanks to the cap) and should, in my opinion, go for it this year. PC will make some moves at the deadline...count on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Again..I agree. It was embarrasing in 2010 when Whitfield took the place of Krejci in the playoffs and just as much in 2012 when PC could find no one to replace Horton (another reason why Rolston is not the answer). The b's are built to win now (thanks to the cap) and should, in my opinion, go for it this year. PC will make some moves at the deadline...count on it.

I don't mean the panic button is pressed right now.  but how about these three before the deadline.  Chimera-Sarich-Jackman(calgary).  

Dk/Lucic/horton

bergie/march/Seguin 

pev/Kelly/chimera

campy/Paille/Jackman 

not a lot of flashy adds but great depth.  Sarich as your 7th dman is just great insurance.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I don't mean the panic button is pressed right now.  but how about these three before the deadline.  Chimera-Sarich-Jackman(calgary).  

Dk/Lucic/horton

bergie/march/Seguin 

pev/Kelly/chimera

campy/Paille/Jackman 

not a lot of flashy adds but great depth.  Sarich as your 7th dman is just great insurance.  

I would not trade for Jackman just yet....I do believe he has yet to return tonight after a fight with Bollig. The B's have enough concussion issues...:)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dk/Lucic/horton

bergie/march/Seguin 

pev/Kelly/chimera

campy/Paille/Jackman 

I would not trade for Jackman just yet....I do believe he has yet to return tonight after a fight with Bollig. The B's have enough concussion issues...:)

He looked like he lost a few teeth.  He actually did ok until that uppercut.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Was a pretty damn good tilt until then to be sure....heh. You know, he did net 10 goals a couple of years a go and was drafted, I believe, as a big body goal scorer in junior....like Winchester and Rupp. All are guys who can play 4rth line minutes and score occasionaly...good 4rth line guys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Was a pretty damn good tilt until then to be sure....heh. You know, he did net 10 goals a couple of years a go and was drafted, I believe, as a big body goal scorer in junior....like Winchester and Rupp. All are guys who can play 4rth line minutes and score occasionaly...good 4rth line guys.

He also is used to kill penalties.  Is mobile for a bigger guy and most important defensively sound.  Put him in with this size and speed and he IMO is a nice find for that 4 th line.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He also is used to kill penalties.  Is mobile for a bigger guy and most important defensively sound.  Put him in with this size and speed and he IMO is a nice find for that 4 th line.  

Agreed....as long as he is not concussed..:)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Why not Cory Sarich, i always liked him, would likely fit in well to CJ's system.Steady, physical and not a big risk taker.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

NOOOOOO PLEASE OVER WITH THE OLD TIMERS ...JAMIE TARTIF HASNT REALLY GOT THE CHANCE TO PLAY TONIGHT ...LETS GIVE HIM A REAL CHANCE I PREFER A YOUNG WITH NO EXPERIENCE RATHER THAN AN OLD TIMER RETIRED

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Why not Cory Sarich, i always liked him, would likely fit in well to CJ's system.Steady, physical and not a big risk taker.

Oh I like him. That's why I said him.  He's scratched tonight.  Healthy.  If you wait you overpay.  Detroit is gonna be looking for anything Yesterday.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rolston  this year.

Recchi last year.

Satan the year before.

Stop with the walker-skating retreads.

There is a reason why these guys aren't working right now. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Rolston  this year.

Recchi last year.

Satan the year before.

Stop with the walker-skating retreads.

There is a reason why these guys aren't working right now. 

Rolston is only 39.  Given the injuries along with everyone complaining about Bourque, Tardiff and MacDermid, Rolston could be a short term solution with the right deal.  Not saying he belongs in the line-up full time at all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rolston is only 39.  Given the injuries along with everyone complaining about Bourque, Tardiff and MacDermid, Rolston could be a short term solution with the right deal.  Not saying he belongs in the line-up full time at all.

Seven goals last year.  Know why?  He's old.

Furthermore, why would he play for the league minimum?

Sections
Shortcuts