Rolston

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Rolston

I'm gonna agree with the notion of not signing or trading for Jurassic Park type players. Use what you got down on the farm and see if you like what you get from them.

They can be acquired for the run through the playoffs for depth if that doesn't work out. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Rolston is only 39.  Given the injuries along with everyone complaining about Bourque, Tardiff and MacDermid, Rolston could be a short term solution with the right deal.  Not saying he belongs in the line-up full time at all.

Seven goals last year.  Know why?  He's old.

Furthermore, why would he play for the league minimum?

Just looking for some stability given the injury situation and the abundance of youth.  Plus he's not working right now, I'm sure he would appreciate the paycheck.  Short term solution to a short term problem that's all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I'm gonna agree with the notion of not signing or trading for Jurassic Park type players. Use what you got down on the farm and see if you like what you get from them.

They can be acquired for the run through the playoffs for depth if that doesn't work out.

^This is what will happen^ and nothing will happensooner because the Bruins are already up to the max of NHL contracts they can have or they would've signed Pandolfo already.

I would say it will be a veteran 3rd liner that will come in right before the trade deadline. Probably a good bet. As far an extra Dman, Johnson has far by far exceeded my expectations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

We dont need old legs like that , Tardif has not really played last night ..only 8 short shifts..let see if he can bring some speed into his game, Bourque drove to the net and score a big goal last night ..I dont want to see anymore old timers on our team ...we need YOUNG legs 

so for Rolston I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hey ! at this point why not bring back our old friend MARCO STURM ! He's available and in Germany LOL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Don't be silly Legion, Sturm is too young he's only 34

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

^This is what will happen^ and nothing will happensooner because the Bruins are already up to the max of NHL contracts they can have or they would've signed Pandolfo already.

I would say it will be a veteran 3rd liner that will come in right before the trade deadline. Probably a good bet. As far an extra Dman, Johnson has far by far exceeded my expectations.

And if one of our top 5 not named Hamilton go down you are comfortable running Johnson and a 19 year old rookie into battle.  The Canucks lost a cup bc they lost hamhuis and Rome.  I'm hoping like heck we get someone.  Johnson is not the answer in a playoff series 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Someone like Weiss (FLA) or Ryder (DAL) or Prospal (CLB) at the deadline will do just fine. A solid 3rd line guy on a struggling team that won't be there next year.

Man, wouldn't it be nice to pry away Clarkson from NJ. Not going to happen, but he's been looking great this year. Oh well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

And if one of our top 5 not named Hamilton go down you are comfortable running Johnson and a 19 year old rookie into battle.  The Canucks lost a cup bc they lost hamhuis and Rome.  I'm hoping like heck we get someone.  Johnson is not the answer in a playoff series 

Selective highlighter doesn't remember that. What year did that happen?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Haha.  My only pt is when teams start replying more on 5-6 guys and inserting 7th dmen they better be at least reliable.  I will be shocked if a dman isn't added. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Haha.  My only pt is when teams start replying more on 5-6 guys and inserting 7th dmen they better be at least reliable.  I will be shocked if a dman isn't added. 

But its not like you can go get a top 4 D man to be your 7th Dman.  So if they get someone, that person would either have to be a seventh D Man or would have to take a spot on the top 6.   

If we go option a) are there really any D man available who couldnt get a job as a top 6 D Man and are an upgrade to Johnson

If we go option b) who do you bench?  McQuade?

We could also consier Krug.  He's small , but I think he could play in a pinch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd wait, see how your team unfolds and see what other teams look like..How many ttimes do we see a team address a need then an injury pops up somewhere else? Bruins are fine right now,biut should they feel the need to shore up thier defense or have to because of injury, I'd take a look at a player like Salvador on New Jersey should they bow out. Again all depends on the need, perhaps a player like Marc-Andre Bergeron could help, he's a healthy scratch alot these days, always liked him on the PP

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You would need to show me some direct incidents where you don't feel Johnson and/or Hamilton couldn't handle the grind of the playoffs. As of today I don't see how those two would hinder the Bruins in the post-season.

Remember the Bruins have to be under $64M by late October. So if PC grabs a real good DMan and he has two years left on a contract, then Chiarelli is in a bind come the fall.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I know the B's couldn't re-sign him & I know he drove us all nuts at times, but if there's someway for PC to bring back Ryder at the deadline.... He doesn't miss time & he's scored some huge goals in play-offs. He was a big piece of that 3rd line & if they can't get going maybe he'd get some of Pev & Kelly's chemistry back? That's providing they're still having issues at that time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I know the B's couldn't re-sign him & I know he drove us all nuts at times, but if there's someway for PC to bring back Ryder at the deadline.... He doesn't miss time & he's scored some huge goals in play-offs. He was a big piece of that 3rd line & if they can't get going maybe he'd get some of Pev & Kelly's chemistry back? That's providing they're still having issues at that time.

That's the trouble with Ryder though Nite. He did miss time with Boston. Unfortunately it would often occur when he was in the lineup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

That's the trouble with Ryder though Nite. He did miss time with Boston. Unfortunately it would often occur when he was in the lineup.

LMAO! What a smart alec dink! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

LMAO! What a smart alec dink! 

You read me like a book.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I know the B's couldn't re-sign him & I know he drove us all nuts at times, but if there's someway for PC to bring back Ryder at the deadline.... He doesn't miss time & he's scored some huge goals in play-offs.

Glyder LoL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Don't be silly Legion, Sturm is too young he's only 34

His knees are like those of a 90 year-old.  That makes him old enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You would need to show me some direct incidents where you don't feel Johnson and/or Hamilton couldn't handle the grind of the playoffs. As of today I don't see how those two would hinder the Bruins in the post-season.

Remember the Bruins have to be under $64M by late October. So if PC grabs a real good DMan and he has two years left on a contract, then Chiarelli is in a bind come the fall.

that would be like predicting the weather.  You cant do it until you see it.  AJ and DH very well could handle the load.  Neither have a lick of experience and one is a 19 year old.  I'd be adding a guy who is a soon to be ufa.  i mentioned Sarich.  I will mention Ryan Whitney in Edmonton and local boy.  I feel these guys could come here on the cheap and get some gms.  Give guys a rest down the stretch as well.  Again I don't think you need a top 4.  But if you can grab someone with a decent résumé I believe you have to.  Especially on the backend.  

i guess winning makes it easy to wait.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Marchand makes me nervous, separated shoulders can be the type of injury that never go away. 

Shupe you don't like Johnson? 

So far i am content with Johnson, he seems to be playing the 7th d man spot consistently.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I agree 99.9 % with this comment

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I know , but who cares.  We are going to make the playoffs even if he takes an occasional shift off during the regular season.

I want him on this team in the playoffs.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Marchand makes me nervous, separated shoulders can be the type of injury that never go away. 

Shupe you don't like Johnson? 

So far i am content with Johnson, he seems to be playing the 7th d man spot consistently.

Agreed.