Roman Hamrlik

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Roman Hamrlik

Placed on waivers today.  Veteran D with expiring (if a tad expensive) contract.  Think any teams grab him, or is he too washed up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Roman Hamrlik

I think a lot of the players are upset with him for breaking ranks during the negotiations.

I say he's done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Placed on waivers today.  Veteran D with expiring (if a tad expensive) contract.  Think any teams grab him, or is he too washed up?

I was too angry to start a thread about him so I'm glad you did. This is the same guy who was questioning whether the union had his best interests in mind during the lockout. This is the same union that made it possible for him to be making 3.5 million this year regardless of the fact that he couldn't keep himself in good enough shape to play more than 58 minutes total over 4 games for the awful Caps. He was passed over for tonight's game in favour of a 27 year old rookie. Maybre the time Hamrlik spent complaining about his union brothers would've been better spent working out. Have a good time riding buses in the minors Roman. You won't be missed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I doubt any GM is going to pass over him on waivers because of what he said during the lockout. Oates hasn't been playing him because he's a leftie and the Caps are loaded with left shooting D. He's not that far removed from being a royal pain in the butt against the B's defensively last playoffs. I'll be shocked if he's not claimed. (preferably by Boston)

And dez I'm a union person too but I loved what he said - at least he was honest. He'd been through three of these, so I can undersand his frustrations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Watch the Habs pick him , no matter what he said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

After booting Cole for what he said? I'd be shocked BSL. Also by virtue of being above us in standings we get first shot at waivers. That's how that works right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Comments aside, I'd say he's washed up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I doubt any GM is going to pass over him on waivers because of what he said during the lockout. Oates hasn't been playing him because he's a leftie and the Caps are loaded with left shooting D. He's not that far removed from being a royal pain in the butt against the B's defensively last playoffs. I'll be shocked if he's not claimed. (preferably by Boston)

And dez I'm a union person too but I loved what he said - at least he was honest. He'd been through three of these, so I can undersand his frustrations.

What was the union supposed to do to avoid being locked out? Having members speaking ill of the process didn't help. I also would've respcted him more if he simply stood by his comments as opposed to the backtracking he did later on. Oh well, off to minors so he can catch his bus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just thinking of some of the bottom dwellers or teams just outside the 8th playoff spot might want to see if a veteran Dman would respond to a change of scenary. If i'm a GM who is just the 8th playoff spot and need some blueline help, I have to grab him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I guarantee someone snags him.  Detroit anyone?  Philly?   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

.......or the Hershey Bears.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Rangers grabbed him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He still has some game left.  he is a smart dman and played very well for the Caps in the playoffs.  For some reason he got black listed there last year and watched a lot of games.  Then with his Union chatter and lord knows what else he was riding the pine again.   Veteran Dmen who can play all situations this time of year are like gold.  You can't have enough. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Rangers grabbed him.

Make sense. Staal just got injured and Strahlman and Bickell have been brutal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Make sense. Staal just got injured and Strahlman and Bickell have been brutal.

According to LeBrun the Rangers had discussed getting him before Staal's injury - I'm betting that solidified the call.